Popular Pages

Thread: Candida cleanse during Phase 2 hCG Protocol

hcg
    R/P/M
    Round 1 / Phase 2, Very Low Calorie Diet / Subcutaneous Injections 150iu

Candida cleanse during Phase 2 hCG Protocol

I have no idea if I have "Candida overgrowth", but I was wondering if the Very Low Calorie Diet is a natural Candida cleanse? Since you don't eat sugar (outside of what is natural in apples, etc.)

I didn't do a cleanse before I started my traditional Phase 1 loading (per Dr. Simeon's protocol).

Any thoughts on this? If Dr. Simeon's Very Low Calorie Diet protocol is NOT a natural Candida cleanse, is there a way to do such a cleanse without interfering with the protocol?

While I'm on the subject, someone else here told me that the following ingredients in a colon cleanse would be ok to take during the Very Low Calorie Diet (Phase 2). What do you think?

Again, I didn't get a chance to do any cleansing or detox before I started Dr. Simeon's protocol and hCG injections. (I'm currently on Day 2 of injections). I was hoping that I could still make up for not doing these cleanses in advance. However, I don't want to take anything that will get in the way of the protocol. So, do you think I'm safe taking the pills with these ingredients?
    Last edited by hcg; January 9th, 2011 at 01:20 PM.

I remember looking into the Candida cleanse by Dr. MaCombs and I believe that the two would work together just fine. The Candida thing involves taking a series of supplements which kill the Candida while avoiding sugar in all its forms. The Simmeons diet is far more restricted and there is nothing on it that is outlawed on the Candida diet except for oranges which McCombs says are often infested with different funguses which can inhibit the kill-off of the Candida...so just cross that off your weight loss menu and go with grapefruit instead.

The Candida diet is SIGNIFICANTLY longer. It takes a total of 16 weeks I think. 2/3 of that time you take a supplement to kill off the Candida in your body (esp your in your digestive tract) and the rest of it you take a probiotic which fills your system with good bacteria so that there are not a lot of "free parking spaces" for the Candida to take up residence in.

Candida yeast is a natural part of your digestive homeostasis and the goal is not to elimate it completely...instead your goal is to nuke the mutated "fungal" form which spreads through the body and causes problems and limited the "normal" yeast form to its proper, low level in the intestine. Once this is done there is a lot of "free space" (mentioned above) in the intestine that the yeast form can reproduce in and then mutate back into the fungal form.

This is why the probiotic is so important. You need to fill that free space with the good bacteria which, presumably, you destroyed at some point in the past by taking oral antibiotics. Then, of course, you never take those types of antibiotics again...or if you are so sick you are forced to, you do it in concert with a probiotic.

One of the scary "unknown" things with doing both at the same time has to do with toxins. Your body is going to release a lot of them as it processes your abnormal fat reserves. It will also do the same thing when rooting out the Candida...so you have the potential of having double the toxins running through your system from working these two processes simultaneously.

A key part of the MaCombs plan is sweating in a traditional dry sauna or a new infrared sauna for a good period of time to "sweat out" these toxins. He says it is so crucial to the program that if you are NOT willing to do the sweating then you have not business doing the Candida cleanse. I'd say this goes double if you are doing Simmeons and MaCombs at the same time.
    Last edited by Trigger; January 16th, 2011 at 10:17 AM.

R/P/M
    R1,P2 VLCD Rx Drops
    I started Load Days on 1/23/11 without yet completing my cadida cleanse. I had it to the point I got a yeast infection prior to loading. I did 3 day Monistat prior and at the same time started on a product callded Candex the week prior to the start of HCG. I finished the Candex the first week on VLCD. I was fine as Candex will consume the die off of the yeast cell itself. After completing the Candex, I immediately began putting back good with a good 30 billion Probiotic Ultra. I was fine and lost 8.3 lbs. the first week on VLCD along with 5 1/2 inches. I have continued to lose weight and inches the second week without a problem. If you think you have a problem, you probably do and Candex can handle it without affecting your program, at least it did for me. It is worth a try to be sure it is gone. Hope this helps you.

R/P/M
    r1/p2/hhcg vegetarian//abt to start r2
    Thre are a number of great candida cleanse blended capsules out there, including Brenda Watson's Renew Life Candida cleanse.(http://blog.brendawatson.com/forum/g...allergy/#p2376) or Rainbow Light's Candida Cleanse (http://www.vitacost.com/Rainbow-Light-Candida-Cleanse) I personally take a great probiotic such as PB8 or her Renew Life, or you can eat fermented foods, such as no sugar/no vinegar sauerkraut----Bubbie's makes one that my husband loves (bleck). If you are drinking a bit of apple Cider Vinegar in the morning instead of lemon & water, that will help. The die off can make you feel bad but the no/low sugar diet will DEFINITELY help with the efforts since that is protocal for a candida cleanse. I also recommend taking Caprylic Acid at a different time of day than the probiotic. I take my pro-b with no enzymes, mixing the two can be cancelling out the pro-b's --You can also drink Kombucha or Water Kefir for low cal/low sugar options if you don't want to eat plain-no sugar yogurt for a food based probiotic source.

Blog Entries
    Without fail, every time I do VLCD I get a yeast infection and the last time I also had this oily spot on the crown of my head that would not go away, so I Googled, and it was Candida. So I definitely think that the VLCD flushes the Candida out.

R/P/M
    P4 forever, but starting Haylie Pomroy's Fast Metabolism Diet, 7/8/13...not to lose, but maintain
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by okiku View Post
    I don't do a Candida cleanse exactly-- but I take probiotics which are thought to aid in the process by fighting any overgrowth with "good" bacteria. I use enemas every other week and regularly drink "smooth move" teas, but not much happens when I use them as a result of the VLCD. Along with these suggestions, it is important to minimize your sugar intake which you are hopefully doing with the assistance of HCG and remember to drink lots of water.
    Yes, taking a probiotic is a great idea, but I would be concerned the enema would interrupt the good bacteria and wash it away.
    Start 6/3/2011 @ 165.25'7'' - 49 yo
    R1=31.6# lost; .548#/day average loss, 7/28/2011 LIW=137.6
    R2=12.40 lost; .4133/day average loss; 11/16/2011 LIW=126
    R3=13# lost; .464/day average loss; 3/16/2013 LIW=126 - age 51

R/P/M
    P4 forever, but starting Haylie Pomroy's Fast Metabolism Diet, 7/8/13...not to lose, but maintain
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabina View Post
    Without fail, every time I do VLCD I get a yeast infection and the last time I also had this oily spot on the crown of my head that would not go away, so I Googled, and it was Candida. So I definitely think that the VLCD flushes the Candida out.
    It's because you are starving the bad guys when you don't eat carbs or have sugar. Definitely take a probiotic to replenish the good guys so they can fight the bad guys even more.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
    I started Load Days on 1/23/11 without yet completing my cadida cleanse. I had it to the point I got a yeast infection prior to loading. I did 3 day Monistat prior and at the same time started on a product callded Candex the week prior to the start of HCG. I finished the Candex the first week on VLCD. I was fine as Candex will consume the die off of the yeast cell itself. After completing the Candex, I immediately began putting back good with a good 30 billion Probiotic Ultra. I was fine and lost 8.3 lbs. the first week on VLCD along with 5 1/2 inches. I have continued to lose weight and inches the second week without a problem. If you think you have a problem, you probably do and Candex can handle it without affecting your program, at least it did for me. It is worth a try to be sure it is gone. Hope this helps you.
    Aha.... Candex! That is what my husband used several years ago when he had candida. Yes, even guys can get it; candida manifests in many ways... it's not just a vaginal thing. ;-)

Did you find the Candex made you feel just awful? Anyway, DH was cleared of the problem, but he also was only eating protein and low-glycemic vegetables. No bread or pasta, nada.

Also, we learned about the value of coconut oil (CO) taken internally and used externally. Wow! Good stuff.
    Start 6/3/2011 @ 165.25'7'' - 49 yo
    R1=31.6# lost; .548#/day average loss, 7/28/2011 LIW=137.6
    R2=12.40 lost; .4133/day average loss; 11/16/2011 LIW=126
    R3=13# lost; .464/day average loss; 3/16/2013 LIW=126 - age 51

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hcg View Post
    So, do you think I'm safe taking the pills with these ingredients?
    Absolutely!

R/P/M
    Rd 1/Phase 2/injections
    I've previous experimented with a Candida Cleanse. The only problems I see is the fruit(only introduced after several weeks of the cleanse) and the vinegars. Fermented foods are not permented because they encourage Candida growth.

Considering that as a HCG dieter that you have removed starchy vegetable, potatoes and processed foods the HCG diet will help keep Candida iunder control. If you have a severe case of Candida overgrowth it might be beneficial to add a probiotic to your supplements so that good bacteria will grow and crowd the bad bacteria out.