Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Those Who Are Sensitive to EVERYTHING!

For Those Who Are Sensitive to EVERYTHING!

I am supposed to be in Phase 4 by now, but since it seems I'm sensitive to EVERYTHING now (including eggs, dairy, nuts, cheese, HWC and possibly coconut oil), it would be nice to have a forum to discuss possible solutions, alternatives, etc.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    You basically need to heal your gut. When you have multiple sensitivities, you have leaky gut. There is a blog at jackkruse.com about healing leaky gut and you should google it and get to work on that problem. I used to have it too. good luck!
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

R/P/M
    5 Rounds/Maintenance
    I did the GAPS diet for a time to try to heal my gut. I didn't stay on it as long as I should have, but in the time I was on it, I definitely saw a lot of improvement.

Well, that kinda makes sense because I've had tummy issues (frequent indigestion depending on what I eat/drink) for years. Several years ago I was treated for the h-pelori bacteria that is said to eat away at your gut lining. But I've never had any of the other issues associated with leaky gut except for maybe thyroid issues. (BTW, I got my blood work back and everything was in the normal ranges - T3, T4, reverse T3, TSH, etc).

So, what steps did you take to cure yours? I've already read there's a multitude of vitamins/ probiotics. Was there any (brands) that you specifically did well with? Also, I'm already confused about the yogurt. The GAPS diet and several other sites recommend to avoid dairy but eat yogurt. So, avoid everything but yogurt?

How long did it take to heal up and how could you tell?

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Get a copy of your blood work. It shouldn't be just in the normal range, it should be in the upper part of the normal range. Look online for where it should be and read up at www.StopTheThyroidMadness.com. if you have had those tummy issues, it's likely you even have a big problem with gluten. I had a candida overgrowth as well so took Diflucan for 6 mos and was on a no sugar no starch diet for 3 years. I don't know much about the GAPS diet so I can't answer about that.
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Khudsonus, the treatment of h pilorus involves heavy antibiotics, which although help the stomach issue, generally make any gut issues worse because of the killing off of all beneficial bacteria. Are you taking a quality probiotic?
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

The H-pilorus issue was a few years ago. However, I will be purchasing a probiotic this week. Any suggestions as to the best brands?

Colleen,

I give up. I just can't seem to find the key to maintaining my weight. I've taken out all dairy, cheese, nuts and I keep gaining. The only questionable thing (for me) I ate yesterday was a few pork rinds with my tuna salad made with sugar-free mayo I made myself. The rest of my menu was proteins, veggies and fat. Woke up to a 2 lb gain making me 4 lbs over ldw. I've had to do a steak day every 4 to 5 days to keep my weight down. This makes me 2 lbs over my adjusted weight (145.6) and 4 lbs over ldw (143.6). I don't know what else to do.

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Quote Originally Posted by KHUDSONUS View Post
    The H-pilorus issue was a few years ago. However, I will be purchasing a probiotic this week. Any suggestions as to the best brands?
    Any good one from any vitamin section will get you started. I get mine over the Internet....dr David Williams probiotic advantage is a good one for me. There are many brands, and really they all work pretty well.
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Quote Originally Posted by KHUDSONUS View Post
    Colleen,

I give up. I just can't seem to find the key to maintaining my weight. I've taken out all dairy, cheese, nuts and I keep gaining. The only questionable thing (for me) I ate yesterday was a few pork rinds with my tuna salad made with sugar-free mayo I made myself. The rest of my menu was proteins, veggies and fat. Woke up to a 2 lb gain making me 4 lbs over ldw. I've had to do a steak day every 4 to 5 days to keep my weight down. This makes me 2 lbs over my adjusted weight (145.6) and 4 lbs over ldw (143.6). I don't know what else to do.
    Its clearly water weight from something. We're the pork rinds incredibly salty? How did you make the mayo? With egg whites? If so, that might be it. The egg white is the most allergenic part. What veggies did you eat? Any high carb ones?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast