Popular Pages

Thread: chicken broth on p2? and measurement question.

your average dieter =)
    R/P/M
    r2, p2, drops

chicken broth on p2? and measurement question.

I'm on d2 of vlcd. I was thinking about soup (haha...you know how we sit around dreaming of food!) and wondering if it's legal for me to make some? say i would boil my chicken breast piece in water and then just add spices to it and whatever veggies i come up with. i wasn't sure if that was ok becuz of the "fat" that would cook off the chicken into the water.
    Another question...salad...do you carefully measure your lettuce? is the 2 cup portion a very loosely filled measure cup or "packed" in?
    thanks to anyone who responds!!!!

R/P/M
    R2P2
    Blog Entries
    Soup helped me a great deal on my vlcd. I would chop asparagus up really small and boil it in my chicken broth/water mixture then add grilled chicken, everything chopped super small. I recently found out though that even though original protocol allows salt-THAT MUCH salt is not good. At all. Even the low sodium stuff still has a lot. So I would say no on the broth unfortunatley
    As for measuring lettuce, the difference between a packed cup and a loose cup is about 5-10 cals so I wouldnt worry about it.

R/P/M
    R1 P2 Sublingual Drops
    I had soup on P2 and it was sooo tasty. I had good results with it. I used chicken and beef broth on P2 but you have to be careful to get only the ones that have ZERO grams of sugars and ZERO grams of fat. Reduced sodium if you can. I used Kitchen Basics Unsalted brand from Walmart. No sugar, no fat and only 150 grams of sodium. 20 calories. Here is a link to some good soup recipes: http://www.zhealthinfo.com/soup_recipes_HCG.htm

Hang in there. This protocol does work! Believe it and be it!!

R/P/M
    New to HCG Diet

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade1980 View Post
    I had soup on P2 and it was sooo tasty. I had good results with it. I used chicken and beef broth on P2 but you have to be careful to get only the ones that have ZERO grams of sugars and ZERO grams of fat. Reduced sodium if you can. I used Kitchen Basics Unsalted brand from Walmart. No sugar, no fat and only 150 grams of sodium. 20 calories. Here is a link to some good soup recipes: http://www.zhealthinfo.com/soup_recipes_HCG.htm

Hang in there. This protocol does work! Believe it and be it!!
    Thanks for the link about hCG-friendly soups. I have it bookmarked...

R/P/M
    R2/P2/hHCG patches
    you can definitely get HCG friendly broth. You just have to look for it. Read labels and don't get a broth that has salt added. "low sodium" is not enough, you need the "no salt added" kind
    Only regret the things that you don't do; do what you want to! -Melanie C

R/P/M
    R2 P2 D22 drops
    chicken-french onion soup
    Bake 100 gram chicken breast 30 min in covered dish, salted lightly. remove and cube. add water to broth to make 1/2 cup. add sliced onion, about 2 T that has been quickly pan-seared and 1T aminos and bring to boil, add chicken cubes. This can be done in microwave or on stove. Crumble your melba toast on top. For P3 add a slice of swiss cheese to top instead of toast and broil in an oven proof dish