Popular Pages

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diet Soda

R/P/M
    R7/P2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I've been drinking one to two Zevia per day on P2. I've been using stevia for years though, so I'm not sure how it will effect you, I think I'm used to it by now. No stalls, but I've only been on HCG for 5 days.
    Yep- everyone is different!

But it's not the stevia in the Zevia that makes some people stall, it's the erythritol......

But I haven't tried it in p2- I just know some folks that stall from it, and others who do not.
    DISCLAIMER: I mostly follow Dr. Simeons protocol however, I may talk about things that are not advised in his book Pounds and Inches. Those things or items have neutral affect on me personally and do not effect my weight loss in an unfavorable way, however. I will attempt to note when something I mention is "off protocol".
    RESOURCES:
    Weight Loss Apocalypse by: Robin Phipps Woodall
    Mindset Magic by Happy Conscious Gal
    Geneen Roth

www.amysepiphanies.org

R/P/M
    R2 P2 hHCG
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyinGeorgia View Post
    I know Diet Soda is banned from the program but I've also seen a few people say they occasionly have one. I know this sounds insane but I'm more worried about giving up Diet Coke than any food item!

So.......if I have to cheat on this item, what would be the least offending diet soda? Coke Zero, Diet Coke, one of the others?

TIA!
    I wouldn't do it either. You need to get off the soda habit anyway. It eats your bones. It isn't healthy. Getting thin is all about getting healthy.

I have been on the diet for 40 days and I did have one diet soda. I was in the heat and it was all that was availible. I think most people do not allow for daily soda.

R/P/M
    R3/P2/SQ
    Blog Entries
    No one was a bigger Diet Dr. Pepper head than I was
    When I went on hcg I wanted the weight gone so badly that I just stopped drinking it. Nothing was going to break through my will at this point and certainly not a substance. The problem with Zevia, Tab and the others is yeah maybe you can "skirt the system" but what you're taking with you the rest of your days is not a lesson but another way to avoid what really should be done in the first place.
    This diet isn't designed to be a quick fix for the way you look but a lifelong fix for your body. Diet soda is poison to your body and only serves to make your cravings more intense inevitably landing you back where you started.

I'm sorry if I come across as being preachy. At the end of the day I am just looking out for people. I know that ever since I stopped soda altogether I feel about 100 times better. If you can handle it, it will be one of the best things you've ever done.

"A change in perspective is worth 80 IQ points" - Alan Kay

R/P/M
    hHCG, R1P3
    I agree - giving up soda and diet soda is one of the best things you could ever do. They are both bad for you (one has too much sugar and the other is just a buncha chemicals). Is that really what you want to be dumping into your body every day - a buncha chemicals? This diet is about detoxing so why would you be adding toxins in while you're trying to flush them out? If you want to feel as good as you look, eat and drink healthy! And best of luck!
    Please leave only your footprints.

[url=http://www.TickerFac HeatherB's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Homeopathic HCG w/B12. First round of a 45 day
    I had diet coke mixed with Bacardi limon in p3, the only side effect I noticed was it made me crave carbs, I switched to crystal light pure fruit punch and that seemed to help curb the cravings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R/P/M
    hHCG, R1P3
    Just an observation - Crystal Light is a powdered mix of a buncha chemicals, some of which can be quite dangerous to your health. I'd rather drink Perrier with some organic lemon juice.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/26...n-information/

R/P/M
    hHCG, R1P3
    Also note that eating or drinking anything that is essentially non-food and laden with artificial ingredients puts an added burden on your liver which is not desirable at any time but especially during the VLCD.

Put another way, your body knows what to do with the following: fats, carbs, proteins, water, trace minerals. It does not know what to do with substances, such as food additives, that do not fall into these categories. The more artificial substances you put into your body, the more problems you will experience. Over time, it will become a burden that may show in disease or weight gain or acne, etc.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    I am super addicted to Diet Mountain Dew and I'm on P2 Day 12 and have been steadily losing 1-1.5 pounds a day even after consuming way more than DMD than I should. I work nights and it's my crutch to help me stay awake. I'm sure if I stopped I would lose more but so far it's not affecting my results.

I have also kept drinking diet A & W root beer. I have cut way down, but still drink one or two a day when I am feeling deprived, it hits the spot. I dont know if it will affect long term weight loss, but it doesn't seem to be affecting me short term.
    R2-Load D1 - 01-29-12 - 262.6
    R2-VLCD4 - 02-04-12 -257.6

Another alternative is adding a few drops of Stevia flavor to perrier! It taste just like soda! I had a Perrier with a few drops of Stevia's vanilla cream and it tastes just like cream soda! I'm looking forward to trying the lemon flavored later. Maybe it will taste like Sprite! Lol

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weight before load:169.4
    Load Day 1 (Aug 1):170.6
    Load Day 2 (Aug 2):171.4
    VLCD Week 1 (Aug 3-Aug.6):166.4
    VLCD Week 2 (Aug 7-13):
    VLCD Week 3 (Aug 14-20):
    VLCD Week 4 (Aug 21-27):
    VLCD Week 5: (Aug 28-Sept. 3):
    VLCD Week 6: (Sept. 4-10):
    LVCD Week 7: (Sept.11-15)