Popular Pages

Thread: Mushroom Soup/Broth

Red face Mushroom Soup/Broth

Hi Everyone,

I am new here. Today is my fist VLCD and as soon as I got home from work I headed to the kitchen for ideas
    on what to cook (I LOVE cooking)... I figure if we are not creative in this diet, it makes it very difficult to be
    eating only 500 cals. So, here is what I came up with:

4-5 cups of water with 4 packets (to taste) of Beef Flavored Sodium Free Bouillon Instant Packets.
    http://www.hormelfoods.com/brands/herb-Ox/default.aspx

I added a pack of fresh baby bella mushrooms. Simmered a few minutes on medium temperature and voila'
    excellent to kill that hunger or craving. Mushrooms are meaty, so I personally love the fact I feel I am eatingsomething other than the broth by itself. I am also going to try the apples with splenda (hate truvia) and
    cinammon in the oven. I can't wait. I know it's early in the game but I gotta stay motivated. I weighed
    233.8lbs this am and want to go down to like 160lbs!! I know. Wish me luck. I'll do the same for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by zymarie View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am new here. Today is my fist VLCD and as soon as I got home from work I headed to the kitchen for ideas
    on what to cook (I LOVE cooking)... I figure if we are not creative in this diet, it makes it very difficult to be
    eating only 500 cals. So, here is what I came up with:

4-5 cups of water with 4 packets (to taste) of Beef Flavored Sodium Free Bouillon Instant Packets.
    http://www.hormelfoods.com/brands/herb-Ox/default.aspx

I added a pack of fresh baby bella mushrooms. Simmered a few minutes on medium temperature and voila'
    excellent to kill that hunger or craving. Mushrooms are meaty, so I personally love the fact I feel I am eatingsomething other than the broth by itself. I am also going to try the apples with splenda (hate truvia) and
    cinammon in the oven. I can't wait. I know it's early in the game but I gotta stay motivated. I weighed
    233.8lbs this am and want to go down to like 160lbs!! I know. Wish me luck. I'll do the same for you!!
    Thank you for the recipe...I am on day 2 of p2 and am desperatly looking for neww recipes to help me get through this. I made apple chips in the oven and sprinkled some cinamon and they were delish! Good luck =)

R/P/M
    R2/P2/HHCG
    I did not realize mushroom were ok on the vlc diet? If they are then I'm a happy camper!

P2R1: 28 lbs released
    LDW: 213.4
    *I did 60 full days of P2!

Round 2 Weight: 214.1
    P2R2: 11/31

http://emilysfrugaltipsforclarkcounty.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Emilys...25346900832160

R/P/M
    hHCG, R1P3
    Mushrooms are not protocol. Mushrooms are a fungus, neither veg nor fruit. Some people who have issues with candida (yeast) should not eat mushrooms. They are mildly infammatory.

The broth is not protocol. That herbox has all kinds of regular and hidden sugars in it. It is a highly processed food. Look up the ingredients:

Ingredients: with Other Natural Flavors Ingredients: Sugar, Potassium Chloride, Onion Powder, Maltodextrin, Monoammonium Glutamate, Gelatin, Beef Fat, Autolyzed Yeast, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking Agent), Caramel Color, Spice, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate, Dextrose, Flavoring.
    Please leave only your footprints.

What about Miso Soup? I have that at least every other day. Hopefully it's ok. I'm not certain if it's protocol, but all you do is open a small packet and add hot water. It has greens, tofu and green onions in it. I love it particularly red Miso Soup. Anyone know if this will help or hurt? Thx!

R/P/M
    hHCG, R1P3
    If you're happy with your losses, then it's okay in that sense.

Check the label and look up any ingredients you don't know. Any artificial ingredients are counterproductive to your detox. They also put a strain on your liver. Healthy liver function is vital to regulating your weight.
    Please leave only your footprints.