Popular Pages

Thread: Phase 3 Food Addition Suggestions

R/P/M
    r?p2vlcd2 omni drops
    I'm not so excited for phase 3 starting in 5 more days, but I think it's mostly becuase I don't know what I'm going to really be eating differently since it's still not starch or sugar.
    any suggestions on things to add?
    cheese? butter? milk? plain yogurt? nuts? pork?
    I need a clue....
    Jenni
    -Fat, lose it or wear it!

I'm starting p3 on tues and would love to have idea's as well.. I googled sugar-free recipes and found some ideas like basil shrimp, basil butter, basic guacamole, baked Kale chips, blackened seasoning mix..etc just to name a few..also Go on youtube and and search for hcg p3 recipes..their's a chocolate recipe that uses coconut oil that I'm excited to try and also a cheesecake that sounds very simple...
    I hate having to do the 3 days w/o hcg on 500cal. I'm crabby and have no energy. ugh! just glad tomorrow's my last day!!

this is what I had first day
    Breakfast 2 eggs scrambled with some minced red pepper and 3 oz of lean steak
    snack- giardinia peppers and pickles and apple
    lunch- protien shake and celery
    snack- 2 pickles
    dinner- 9 oz chicken on grill with garlic/7 oz shrimp and asparagus 4oz.

I feel bloated and for some reason I am worried. I struggled to stay at a constant weight for 8 days on last vlcd days.
    So really aside from eggs I am keeping it the sane just more of it

best advice...start slow. You have been eating clean up until now so it's the perfect opportunity to identify any food sensitivities/allergies. try adding eggs 1 day, dairy another day, nuts another day, etc. these sensitivities are one thing that get people in the position where they need hcg to begin with!

Be careful of anything sold in stores boasting sugar free...they are still loaded with sugars, just by another name. Stick to the unprocessed meats in the beginning...store-bought sausage usually has sugar in it. Sugar free pudding has starch in it, shredded cheese has starch in it (shred your own!), "low fat" cream cheese has sugar in it, full fat doesn't. Basically, read EVERY label! no sugar or starch (grains included).

do you like eggs? make an omelet for breakfast loaded with veggies, just stay away from the starcy ones such as carrots and corn. Fruits, add them in but wait until at least week 3 until you have a banana, melon or some pineapple.

Just keep in mind that your body is now accustomed to eating clean, it may not react real well at digesting this "foreign" stuff immediately. If your bloated, try some digestive enzymes, they really do help. You won't need them for long. The constipation will not go away yet.

I don't mean to spook you, just a few things I didn't think about as I moved into P3. I ended up having no food sensitivities and stabilized fine. Don't be nervous, it's just exciting to be able to eat something different! )

Bridgett
    R1 starting weight 200.4lbs
    Current weight after R2 161lbs
    19.5 inches lost
    Currently in P4

R/P/M
    r?p2vlcd2 omni drops
    I'm pretty confident about stabilizing in p3. I'm on day 2 w/o hcg and still eating the low cal diet and actually felt fuller than before. And I'm still the same weight. Weird! My dr had me adding in other things like small amounts of mct oil or eggs or melon or a few shreds of cheese in my salad already and I still lose weight so I'm confident adding things in slowly ill be ok but I will pay attention for allergic reactions. How will I know I'm allergic? Bloating? Gains? Let me know some symptoms so I know what to look out for.
    Jenni

SXJenny, you will know if food is a problem if: you have weight gain/bloating, abdominal distress& digestive issues, unexplained headache....lots of clues, just listen to your body. If you eat something and feel like crap, probably a problem food. Most common allergies/intolerences is Wheat/gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, looks like you have had some of these already, so just add in one new food at a time to see if you react.

Hi Jenni and others,

I just did 3 weeks of P3, I guess I am technically in P4 now but that's irrelevant.

I do love P3, btw, let me say right off. I have been very stable. I did do one steak day and I'm facing another but I have found my life to be more of an issue than food so far. It seems when I am busy/stressed I gain weight and because I am a professional pastor's wife, the weekends tend to be busy/stressy times and I find I am always up a bit on Mondays. It was like that on P2, as well. I am hoping that it all evens out so I am delaying a steak day to see if just having a bit more rest helps. Then, I will know the answer. I like answers.

I found the transition to p3 a bit disconcerting because although there are restrictions, it is not like P2 and so it is a little overwhelming. Then, there is the advice to add in slowly so what can you eat then?? Just remember that you can have almost any vegetable (no potatoes corn or peas) and protein and almost any fruit. And, you can mix veggies! Woo hoo. Salads...yum (I make a ranch I love with sour cream and yogurt if you want the recipe let me know).

Do do do go slow! Add one potential problem food at a time for 2 to 3 days and take stock. I did eggs first, then dairy (cottage cheese, milk/cream, yogurt not cheese) then cheese (cheddar and mozarella, bit of parm) and treat cheese like nuts; one kind of cheese at a time for 2-3 days, not a variety of cheese in one day or in one trial. Then I added nuts beginning w/ peanuts, which I know are legumes, and I did very well so I make my own peanut butter. I can eat peanuts and not gain anything. Very very surprised by that. I always thought of peanuts, peanut butter as fattening food.

Do what you really want to do first. I think many do eggs first because eggs are often in things. I don't love eggs but I did clear them first for that reason.

I was bloated the first week and am not now. I feel great now. I don't think bloating is the best sign of sensitivity in the first week. It's a big change to your digestive system and there is a reaction for sure. I felt bloated but never gained. Now, I am not bloated and feeling great. Glad I didn't say something was an allergy that is not.

Also, consider dumping sugar substitutes all together. Just wait until you can add natural sweeteners. It's all horrid for you for sure. Sugar substitutes will definitely make you feel sick which may be mistaken for a sensitivity to something you are not sensitive to (except the sweet poisons).

Good luck!!

Minnie

R/P/M
    r?p2vlcd2 omni drops
    Thank you Minnie!
    I've been mixing veggies all through p2, and my doc had me already adding in different fruits and eggs and small amounts of oil and cheese. So I'm not too excited for p3 except that now I can have nuts which I really miss. I will take the advice to try one nut every 2-3 days and see how that works. I know my body takes 2 days to register a new food because I can eat something I'm not really supposed to and see a loss the next day but almost always see a small gain the day after that. So the 2-3 day idea is good advice.
    I think my first thing I'm going to try is Rhonlynns cauliflower crust with some mozzarella and turkey pepperoni. I just really miss pizza so I'm going to make one. I'll give it a few days to see how my body like mozarella. Then it's a p3 friendly cheesecake.
    someone said low fat cheeses aren't better than regular because they have sugar in them? What if I"m buying a skim milk cheese and the label doesn't show sugar? (and I'm familiar with all the different names sugar goes by so I'll be honing in on those to)
    Jenni

R/P/M
    R4 P4 Homeopathic drops
    Go to this thread I am trying to keep it going for those who go into P3 but it has been very helpful and a lot of people have added to it so if you find recipes add them in it makes it so much easier when your looking for something to make or a certain recipe. It's...P3 Recipes
    Peace, Love, Happiness,
    Yellowbug