Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-cooked Weight Vs. Cooked Weight

Hello everyone! Have been learning a lot from this forum for over a week now...thank you everyone for all the great info! Does anyone out there have an average of what some of these meats weigh when they're cooked? I know they're supposed to be 100 grams (3.5 oz) pre-cooked, but sometimes I'm on the road unexpectedly and I need to eat something I can grab at the store. I've read about the white tuna in water and canned chicken in water, but how much of it can you eat? And what about a rotisserie chicken? Can you eat some of the breast meat off of one of those? I know it will all vary depending on what kind of meat and how it's cooked, but I just thought maybe someone along the way has been keeping track of averages. Thanks for any and all input. Good luck to all!

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    i've read to eat 3oz of meat if it's cooked. that's what i measure out if it's a roast. i guess i'd do that with the canned meats, too.

most of the fast-food places have grilled chicken now- as long as they don't have it soaking in anything first.

the rotisserie chicken is a no-no, because it's cooked with the skin on- lots of fat soaks in. all fat/skin has to be taken off before cooking. but if there is no other option, i'd just pull the skin off.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    HHCG
    And canned meats and tuna are usually high in sodium and may also have some sugar in them, so watch out for that too!

That said, I used to get a rotisserie-cooked chicken every week and would eat the breast meat minus the skin and still lost weight well. I suppose that it depends on how well cooked the chicken is. I got mine from the supermarket next door to my office and they were often a little overcooked. But it worked for me! The protocol also says that the chicken must be off the bone before cooking, so it's not just the skin that is supposed to affect the calorie content, but the bones as well.

Regarding the cooked versus uncooked weights, 100g of raw chicken breast used to reduce down to 80g once it was cooked.

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    I would grab tuna and celery if I was on the run....a small can of tuna is 3.5 oz i think, and when drained it was 3 oz of meat...I ate the whole can with alot of celery. It was one of my "lose weight" meals, i always lost when I ate that. Try to get the more expensive tuna, not the $.69 a can variety...because mags is right, the cheaper variety has more sodium and frankly more water, less tuna in the can...lol, what a surprise, right? Often the labeling is the same, but to me it tastes saltier. made me wonder about some labels.....hmmmmm
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

Thanks for the input - I appreciate it! It would be ideal to just pre-cook a bunch of stuff, but I rarely have the time to cook what I'm eating at that moment. So excited to be able to eat tuna! And yes....after eating the more expensive "real" tuna, I can't even stomach the thought of eating the cheap stuff. It does make one wonder indeed.

what if we cook a bunch of chicken breast and measure 100 grams after?? whats the huge difference???

R/P/M
    bananas- you can have less cooked than you can raw- the weight changes, and Dr. S. specifies raw weight.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    R5 (never finished other rounds but this time I'm doing much better!)/P2/RX injections
    I thought tuna wasn't permitted?

Jen
    Jen, married for 17 yrs to my Mom to 12&14-year-olds. OB RN.
    38 yrs old 5'4"
    Starting date 9/11/11

R/P/M
    tuna was not originally permitted, but we think it's because it used to be packed in oil and it wasn't white tuna. many people eat the white tuna packed in water and do ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast