Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to deal with a cheat day the day after?.....

R/P/M
    LDW 140.8 P4 Life. 10/2014

How to deal with a cheat day the day after?.....

This is my R2P2VLCD12, so I have a few tips and tricks here and there that usually lost 3-5 pounds over night but it was in P4.

First off, I know, the day before the Super Bowl, duhhh. Well, it was a bucket of stress and no sleep and it happened so I'm movin' on and today am not planning on any Super Bowl parties, staying home with kids, my son had his tonsils out and is still recovering.

So now any advise welcome and appreciated: What should I do today, please vote and share why, if you can. Thanks Hcg family.

1. Fat Fast?
    2. Full Fat Fage Day?
    3. Go back to vlcd?
    4. Mini Steak Day?
    5. High protein day?

Please share what you think and why. Thanks again and have a great day all.
    DeAnne
    P4er4Life:
    R3P4: LDW 138.2
    Phil 4:13 "I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    You go back to VLCD. None of those other things for for P2. You'll likely compound the problem. Best just not to cheat. The Super Bowl isn't worth a gain and a stall of 3 days. Fat derails the pathway to the hypothalamus so a fat fast or fage day would make things worse in my opinion.

What I would personally do if I were trying to mitigate a cheat is to not have my fruit the day after. But I wouldn't eat anything off protocol.

R/P/M
    well even though I was advise against it I went ahead and did a Fat Fast and I lost 2.8 over night. Not sure the science behind it but it works for me and that's all I know. Let me know if you want more details. Hope this helps today for some people that may have cheated yesterday.
    DeAnne
    P4er4Life:

R/P/M
    R2/P2
    This happened to me and I am so upset about it! I have been doing so good. Weighed myself yesterday and was 130.2...just 5 lbs away from my goal! Then, at the dreaded superbowl party, I couldn't resist the cheese cubes (i had 5) some greek chicken kabobs (i had 2) and a handfull of chips and spiniach dip! ughhhhh...i did resist the beer and wine tho So today, I get on the scale and I am 132.2, and I am seriously so mad at myself! that 2 lbs is devestating to me. I have ben doing some research tho and it seems that the weight I probably gained is water weight? I'm now considering what to do...could you explain what a fat fast and fage fast is? Is a stall inevitable now? or can I hopefully expect to get back to weight loss tomorrow?Thanks!

R/P/M
    R2/P2
    Thanks, Grammy! I needed to hear that! I always look for and trust your advice!

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by candikane301 View Post
    This happened to me and I am so upset about it! I have been doing so good. Weighed myself yesterday and was 130.2...just 5 lbs away from my goal! Then, at the dreaded superbowl party, I couldn't resist the cheese cubes (i had 5) some greek chicken kabobs (i had 2) and a handfull of chips and spiniach dip! ughhhhh...i did resist the beer and wine tho So today, I get on the scale and I am 132.2, and I am seriously so mad at myself! that 2 lbs is devestating to me. I have ben doing some research tho and it seems that the weight I probably gained is water weight? I'm now considering what to do...could you explain what a fat fast and fage fast is? Is a stall inevitable now? or can I hopefully expect to get back to weight loss tomorrow?Thanks!
    You have a choice to make and yes it will come off. You can either do a correction day or just get right back to eating clean and stay OP.

Here's the Yogurt Day: http://www.loseit4ever.com/greek-yog...ction-day-fage
    Here's the Fat Fast: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...CISY09gH&pli=1

Hope this helps.
    DeAnne
    P4er4Life:

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Here's what happens a lot. Margie and I both noticed it a lot over the years. Most of the time things that happen with stalls, weight loss, etc, dieters assume it's because of something they did. So we see detox baths, miracle omelets, etc and really, those losses would have happened anyway. At the end of the round, when you've tried some of those things in one round and not in the other round, the losses at the end are just the same. So it's best to NOT STRESS. Stress is the one thing that can slow you down. Realize that fluctuations happen. You won't lose every day and some days you'll be delighted with a big whoosh. And everyone has a weak moment at some time in their round. It's not fatal if you just get back in the saddle and keep going. Those 2-3 pounds from a cheat will drop right back off because it's just water. That's why I usually say don't mess with an interruption for a couple of days off protocol. You lose more time by doing an interruption than just by doing the best you can and letting the weight drop right back off. No one actually gains 2-3 pounds of FAT in a day. Just like we really don't lose 2-3 pounds of fat on the first day of the diet. Much of that is water weigh which accounts for the stalls later as your body catches up.

Like I said, just relax, kids. I hate to see so much angst over a momentary weakness when it's all going to be all right in the end. Draw back and get a little perspective.

R/P/M
    R2/P2
    Thanks girls! I'm going to just stick to protocol and go from there! It's amazing how obsessive I have become over this diet!

Hello all. This is my first post on this forum and I have 3 weeks into phase 2 of my first round. I cheated with a few pieces of Italian sausage this evening then after feeling sooooo awful about it I just killed it with a couple spoons of my daughters ice cream. Does anyone have any tips or advise to get thru this and still have success with losing if that's possible? Also if anyone uses the drops, could you recommend a brand or website to order? I currently see a chiropractor for what I have now but I'd like to just get the drops for a short second round in the future. Look forward to hearing from you. Thx!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast