Popular Pages

Thread: Food Addiction - I cheated.

Food Addiction - I cheated.

So a couple weeks ago i was listening to the radio and they were talking about how food cravings compares same to the cravings of a drug addict. Today I found that to be true.

I'm on VLCD day 6 and I cheated yesterday. The ENTIRE day yesterday I was craving all kinds of foods... craving like a drug addict. It was crazy because at the time i was having cravings, I thought it's alright to cheat. Mentally I prepared myself to cheat for a single day. I made myself believe that cheating for one day would be okay and i'll get back on the wagon the next day. The food cravings took over my focus.

So yesterday I ate pizza. After the first slice - I felt sick. Not because the pizza made me sick, but because I got my fix and the cravings went away. I thought to myself "holy crap! this was totally not worth it". I didn't go beyond that one slice. I literally got my addiction fix.

I guess this is a problem that a lot of us are going through and it really put things into perspective for me. If I ever start having cravings, i'll try to remember that it's not worth it. I've lost 7lbs so far and I gained .02 lbs this morning. I usually lose 1.4-5lbs per day on vlcd.

I didn't skip my injections and am back on the wagon today. I'ts literally another 3 weeks and I can start P3. I can handle it. WE CAN DO IT!!!

R/P/M
    RX
    Here is too a new start! You can do it!

BD
    Quote Originally Posted by krunal_patel View Post
    So a couple weeks ago i was listening to the radio and they were talking about how food cravings compares same to the cravings of a drug addict. Today I found that to be true.

I'm on VLCD day 6 and I cheated yesterday. The ENTIRE day yesterday I was craving all kinds of foods... craving like a drug addict. It was crazy because at the time i was having cravings, I thought it's alright to cheat. Mentally I prepared myself to cheat for a single day. I made myself believe that cheating for one day would be okay and i'll get back on the wagon the next day. The food cravings took over my focus.

So yesterday I ate pizza. After the first slice - I felt sick. Not because the pizza made me sick, but because I got my fix and the cravings went away. I thought to myself "holy crap! this was totally not worth it". I didn't go beyond that one slice. I literally got my addiction fix.

I guess this is a problem that a lot of us are going through and it really put things into perspective for me. If I ever start having cravings, i'll try to remember that it's not worth it. I've lost 7lbs so far and I gained .02 lbs this morning. I usually lose 1.4-5lbs per day on vlcd.

I didn't skip my injections and am back on the wagon today. I'ts literally another 3 weeks and I can start P3. I can handle it. WE CAN DO IT!!!
    ~Bella Donna~

Age 50, 5'7