Popular Pages

Thread: I cant deal with this

R/P/M
    Round 1
    Blog Entries

I cant deal with this

Hello Everyone... So as you can see from my signature I am having losses, BUT.. i have cheated everyday since i started. I feel very weak and I feel as if i cant continue this. I started the hcg because i am going to Vegas in April. I have to and need to get this weight off of me. Ive had small pieced of chocolate cake, cookies, doritos, sandwiches, twix, lays, OMG.. im so embarrased. Please if anyone could help me figure out how to curb my cravings. I am constantly drinking water, green tea, coffee, chewing gum.. and nothing is working. ITs really tough both at home and at work.. All I am thinking about is food....OMG.... ENCOURAGMENT PLZ... thanks guys...
    Round 1
    Starting August 22
    Load Day 1: 189.8
    Load Day 2:
    VLCD Day 1:
    VLCD Day 2:
    VLCD Day 3:
    VLCD Day 4:
    VLCD Day 5
    :

R/P/M
    Round 1
    Blog Entries
    I take 10 drops 3x a day... what do you think i need to change my dose to?
    Round 1
    Starting August 22
    Load Day 2:
    VLCD Day 1:
    VLCD Day 2:
    VLCD Day 3:
    VLCD Day 4:
    VLCD Day 5
    :

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    First make sure you have good drops. If they don't contain any hcg, they are bogus. Check the ingredients.

R/P/M
    Round 1
    Blog Entries
    the drops i have are yavone from hcg-drops.net. I mean i have lost on them... but its just the hunger part.. Or i could just be over thinking it. OH idk... lol
    Round 1
    Starting August 22
    Load Day 2:
    VLCD Day 1:
    VLCD Day 2:
    VLCD Day 3:
    VLCD Day 4:
    VLCD Day 5
    :

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Many have had success with those drops so hopefully they have hcg in them. Hunger is not something to ignore. It means you are losing the wrong kind of fat. Try going to 8 drops per dose and see how you feel.

OK, you can do this - and I hope I can help you.

First things first... Sometimes when you are having a hard time sticking to the protocol exactly as written, you can switch things up a bit - just a bit - to help you have a more level blood sugar throughout the day. For example, the protocol calls for no breakfast, lunch (veg/meat/bread), a snack (fruit), dinner like lunch, another fruit. I had a hard time doing this because my body was crying out for something to do. Rather than falling prey to boredom eating (which you might experience this boredom hunger, too) I developed a plan.

First, rate your hunger from 1-10. 1 is nauseated, 5 is "I could eat something right now", 8 is stomach rumbles, and 10 is famished. Are you feeling a 5 or an 8? Or a 10. Be honest with yourself when you rate yourself. Are you really hungry, or are you just used to eating things that you like to eat and possibly eat because you can? I was the latter most of the time. If you realize what kind of hunger you're experiencing, sometimes your brain goes "oh wow - I'm not really hungry - I'm bored-hungry". Would you rather fulfill that hunger and be unhappy and label yourself with harmful labels like "weak" or say no to boredom? Ask yourself that.

If you are truly hungry, 6-10, then you can break up the food a bit. When I really was hungry before lunch time, I would either eat the fruit early, or eat my carb early. I thought of my melba toast as chips. Break it into small pieces first so you don't eat bigger bites. Think of them like a snazzy "100-calorie package" of snacks that doesn't contain 100 calories. Then eat your regular lunch and apple later. Alternately, some days when I was really more hungry (7) I would eat my fruit earlier. My favorite that you might like is taking the apples, making small bite sized thin pieces, tossing them in cinnamon and stevia, and heating them. Oh my gosh - it's apple pie!! Just remember to keep your fruit 6 hours apart.

If you get bored hungry, try peppermint tea. Peppermint is a natural appetite depressant. I found that drinking hot peppermint tea not only curbed my bored-appetite, but also gave me more fluids which helped fill my stomach. Make sure the peppermint tea you choose doesn't have added sugar. Yerba Mate tea and green tea apparently have the same effects. Sometimes I have green tea with my 1 allotted teaspoon of milk in it and it's quite like something from a tea shop. But I have found that peppermint tea helps most.

Try a combination: drink a hot peppermint tea, and then wait 15 minutes and reevaluate your hunger scale.

Remember to concentrate and eat slow while you're eating your main meals and snacks as well. Cut the bites small and really enjoy the food. Don't read, don't look at the computer, don't watch tv - eat and savor it. Take a break every few bites, have a good swallow of water, and just relax for a moment.

I have also been drinking carbonated mineral water like Perrier (only a local brand, Topo Chico which is a milder taste and a lot more carbonation) and that helps, too - especially during a meal. It cleanses the palate so that when you take another bite you experience the whole flavor all over again.

Remember - food is your friend, but Doritos are your enemy - for now. Think how awesome it will be to eat Doritos without as much guilt!!

Another thing I did that helped - I picked something I really want to do and can only really do *best* while thin. For me, it was horseback riding. I bought a fancy saddle that I've wanted for ages that only will fit my healthy weight - not my starting weight. When I wanted to cheat, and honey - we ALL really do want to cheat or who would even need a diet (wink) - I would weigh the matter: What do I want more - pizza now and fat then, or chicken with italian seasonings baked in foil with tomatoes-only tomato paste on top served with Miracle Noodles...delicious... and riding like a hot little mama in my new, smaller saddle? Wellll guess which I chose!

If you crave things, think of how you can fake-em-make-em with healthy foods. OK you can't make doritos. (grin) But you can get defatted cocoa and put a pinch of it into 2 packages of the crystally (not powdery) stevia. Mix that well, and then sprinkle over sliced strawberries... toss them around. You'd be surprised how your chocolate itch will be scratched that way. One day I was so desperate that I put the pinch of defatted cocoa into a spoon full of stevia, mixed, and just dipped my finger into it. Hey - it kept me from eating a chocolate bar.

Also, keep bad foods away. If your family has chocolate, have them put it on the top shelf of the pantry. You won't be forced to see it. Put it in a brown paper bag - again - no see, less want. When you visit the grocery, look at the chips and chocolate as the enemy that wants to hold you down from being thin AND being able to eat those things less often but with TONS less guilt. Just look at the food and say "No - you don't want me to be happy". Because sometimes the manufacturers of those foods really don't want you to be happy and thin. Tell them no - and fight them with your fork.

If you continue to cheat, honestly I'd stop the drops. (Remember to eat 500 calories for at least 2 days after), then give yourself a break for 3 weeks. Do the cleaning type of pre-diet that some books recommend. That helps you not have as much hunger when you DO the drops. Get well prepared and start again.