Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I cheated and can't stop!!!!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HCG Drops

Exclamation I cheated and can't stop!!!!

After 2 weeks and losing 10.5 lbs, I cheated by having a sub sandwich and a cookie at the ballgame because I wasn't prepared with appropriate food. Now that I cheated (Wed.), I can't seem to get back on the diet. I start out ok in the morning, but by noon, I have eaten a bagel or cookies or something off protocol. What in the heck is wrong with me- I had such nice success for a few weeks there, why can't I get back on it? Any tips or suggestions?
    Thanks!!!

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    You keep making poor choices. Either dust yourself off and get back on plan, or go off until you are ready to commit to this.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

atlflier

Sorry if this posts twice, I had an oops-so moment when typing

Carolina,

I'm a newbie, R1P2D30, so I'll do the best I can to offer support, and what has worked for me.

First of all...don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off...today/tomorrow is a new beginning! So you cheated, gave into the carby thing, and now it's biting you in the posterior. Lesson learned. For the vast majority here, we're mostly addicted to something, otherwise we wouldn't be in this mess--struggling to loose weight that is. Your issue is carbs. Take that kernel of info with you when you head into P3/4. I'm the same way, if I eat bread, I'm doomed to have insatiable hunger...not to mention lethargy.

Back to Phase 2 and how to hop on the wagon again. I would begin drinking hot tea, coffee or warm lemonade early on in your day and continue until your peak hours pass. I find hot liquids really curb my hunger. So start brewing some gal! Also make sure you're ingesting enough liquids (2-3 liters, more if you can stand it) and spread your allowed foods out during the waking hours to help give your metabolism a boost of healthy foods to work on.

Honestly, I'm not surprised you're starved as high carby foods always did that to me. Just treat the last oops-so days as an mini-interruption and move forward. You might have to deal with the physical/mental effects of cheating for a bit, much like my first few days of the VLCD as I was withdrawing from carb addiction, but you'll move past it.
    And since you're on the drops, you can go longer on the plan to make up for the days you lost.

I know you can do this...don't let the carbs win...think back on your success in just a short while and press onward!

Best of luck!
    Last edited by atlflier; April 10th, 2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Oops, sorry, it was Twins and not Carolina...my bad.

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    twins- this is the biggest reason not to cheat in the first place. a little cheating leads to more. you need to "re-set" your brain. make a decision that cheating is NOT an option. don't tell yourself that you can't stop cheating- that's not a truth. tell yourself that you can- it's just a choice. if you're hungry, we might need to fix your dose. if you're not, it's a decision you have to make- to choose the right foods.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    RX Drops/Rogue
    Blog Entries
    Sit down and ask yourself if you are mentally ready to do this plan or not. If not quit the hcg until you are. If you are consider this one heck of a loading period and tomorrow is VLCD1 that puts you back on a clean slate and there's only one way to go from day 1, forward.

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HCG Drops
    Thanks for your input. I am back on it tomorrow. I needed to travel for work and that threw my eating off this weekend and today, but I am prepared for tomorrow. My husband is starting his VLCD1 tomorrow, so that will help keep me honest!!! I am ready to do this, I love how I felt when I was losing. I've gained 2 back, but it's coming back off. Thanks for your support and encouragement.

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsinsept View Post
    Thanks for your input. I am back on it tomorrow. I needed to travel for work and that threw my eating off this weekend and today, but I am prepared for tomorrow. My husband is starting his VLCD1 tomorrow, so that will help keep me honest!!! I am ready to do this, I love how I felt when I was losing. I've gained 2 back, but it's coming back off. Thanks for your support and encouragement.
    I'm glad you're willing to get back on.

If you're ready to start again, you have to be ready to continue for the full round, disruptions notwithstanding. Travel for work, family holidays, parties, blah blah blah, should NOT interfere with your plan. Prepare, prepare, prepare. Don't let people railorad you or guilt you into breaking your plan. Don't schedule any vacations until you are DONE with P2 at least. This is for YOU. Your life depends on it. Act like it.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

R/P/M
    RX Drops/Rogue
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsinsept View Post
    See that works out perfect now you and DH will be doing this together and on the same day. You'll do great and I bet DH does too. I am doing this with my Dh, it's nice to have someone you are that close to that understands what you are whining about LOL

R/P/M
    R1/P2/hhcg
    I'm jumping back on too. I cheated last week and then kept cheating and gained back a few pounds! I did awesome yesterday until about 9 pm and then had a couple cheats, but I have to stay true to this. I did it for the first 12 days of VLCD so I can do it for another 20!!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HCG Drops
    Glad to hear I'm not alone. I did great today, had tilapia and broccoli for dinner and feeling pretty good. My advice to everyone is not to ever cheat- it only leads to more cravings and more cheats and it's not worth losing that awesome feeling of KNOWING you are getting skinnier!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast