Hi everyone,

So far, it had been almost two weeks without any need for a steak day (before I needed one about every five days), when I woke up yesterday morning to a nasty surprise--a 2.5 lb gain that put me well over my steak day threshold! I had been following my high protein protocol (you can read all about my story <a href="http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgvanillaforum/discussion/5547/12/longterm-maintenance-results-are-we-keeping-the-weight-off/>here</a>, for those of you who are interested, so I won't repost it again. Anyway, when I saw my weight yesterday morning, I started to think what was it that I ate the night before that was different, and when I looked over my food intake for the whole day, I found nothing was different except that I had made zero-carb miracle noodles (which don't cause me to gain), with meatballs and tomato sauce. The meatballs were homemade and they just had ground beef, salt, and spices in them, but the tomato sauce I made from canned tomatoes and tomato paste. I was looking at the tomato sauce as the culprit, although I had put no sugar at all into it, and I checked the label, and there was no sugar in the tomato paste or in the canned tomatoes. So I thought that maybe I just couldn't eat so many tomatoes in such a concentrated form all at once. Or maybe it was just TOM which is right around the corner...

And then it dawned on me: canned tomatoes will also contain BPA, since tomatoes are an acid fruit, so they will leach some of the chemical into the food. BPA is known as an endocrine (hormonal) disruptor, so it is not inconceivable that the BPA itself could have caused my gain. So, my current plan is to wait a week or so and then retest the same foods but using a sauce made with fresh or dried tomatoes rather than canned, and see if it makes any difference. I will also retest the same recipe a week later using canned tomatoes again and see if it happens to me again, or if it was just TOM coming around. This way, I should be able to rule out either the tomatoes themselves, or the canned tomatoes, as the culprit. I did the steak day yesterday, and I'm back to where I was on Friday morning. whew!

By the way, for those of you who need a little help with those pesky steak days, there is a recipe that you can make that will help you fill your tummy all day long while you're waiting for your big steak in the evening. I have done steak days like this already twice and the steak day still works like a charm. Go to www.miraclenoodle.com and order konjac glucomannan flour. You put the juice of one lemon, stevia to taste, and enough water to make 1 liter or quart. I also add a little matcha green tea powder and some powdered vitamin C. Get the blender going on low speed and then put in about 1/2 to 1 tbsp of glucomannan flour. Blend until it starts to get thick and then pour into a jar. The resulting gel is something similar to jello but a little softer, more like lemon meringue pie filling. I made three of these recipes yesterday and ate liberally before dinner, and had no tummy growling all day, and still had normal steak-day type losses the next day.