Popular Pages

Thread: sick. need help stopping diet.

sick. need help stopping diet.

Hello all. I began posting earlier on a different thread about how I was unable to keep food down. I was overwhelmed with the supportive replies and suggestions.
    Since then, though, I have become very sick. Nausea and can't really stop vomitting. After speaking with my mom and sister, I've made the decision that My body is telling me this isn't right. I feel I need to stop this diet.
    I have lost 17 lbs. 17 the first 7 days. I've followed the protocol to a T. Not a single cheat, vitamins, lots of water, etc. I felt AMAZING the first week. I want more than anything to see this through but I don't feel right.

My question now is - how do I safely come off the drops? What should I eat? How much? And while it doesn't seem that important when I'm writing from next to the toilet, with the least amount of weight gain. I am determined, and looking forward to a lifestyle of good for me foods and excercise. Ideally, I'd maintain my current weight and incorporate new habits just as I would have if I'd maintained the diet.

I am sorry to be a quitter. The success stories I've read are so wonderful and encouraging and I'd love to be one of them. But like my very concerned mom said...it works for some and maybe not others. But you have to listen to your body.

Anyway, I appreciate you reading this and will be neuroticly checking in to hear anyone's thoughts, experiences, advice or more questions to further understand What's happening.

Thank You so much.

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    how long have you been sick? sure it's not a bug? if you weren't sick the first week, it's unlikely it's the hcg that's making your nauseous now. make sure you're not taking any meds or vitamins without food- i was nauseous my entire first round because of this.

unfortunately if you've only been on it a week, it's unlikely you'll keep a lot of weight off. but if you want to try it, i'd stop the drops, continue the vlcd for another 48 hrs, and then transition to P3.

you also might try just decreasing your dose to see if that helps the nausea.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

It does sound like some sort of bug. Right now with seasons changing it seems like a lot of people are sick. For sure it is not the hcg that is causing the nausea. Your body produces it naturally.

This hcg has been a huge blessing for me. Previously, I had not been able to lose weight because of my thyroid. I am on my second round and not only was I able to lose weight but I was able to keep it off while actually eating more food. I also have so much more energy, feel so good and I no longer have to take my thryoid medicine.

I encourage you to try it again after your break. It works for everyone as long as you stick to the protocol.

I personally, can not take any vitamins unless I have a belly filled with food otherwise it does cause nausea.

It doesn't seem right that you lost 17pds in 7days?

I know! It did seem like a lot to me, too. I'm only about 10 lbs from my goal weight. I've decided to stop the drops and up my calories through more protein, low fat cottage cheese and low sugar salsa. I guess I just couldn't do it.I really thought I was gonna be one of those success stories, like you. But I think I know what's best. And I need more calories. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the actual hcg making me sick. But that I couldn't keep up with the approved foods to eat enough.

Should I alter my foods and finish the drops for the 23 days or just stop?

R/P/M
    you were throwing up from the types of food?? that shouldn't be happening from the low calories. i'd eat more protein if you need to, but stick with the rest of the protocol for your 23 days- you'll have a better chance of not gaining it all back.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

Yes I agree, eating low calorie can not make you throw. This is better than a low calorie diet because the hcg burns over 2000 calories a day from your fat. It really does work with no hunger and great energy. My first round I tried the drops which included the B vitamins. This time I am using the injections that do not have the B vitamins. I was a bit concerned that I would not have enough energy but that is not the case at all.

My guess is taking the vitamins without enough food or your probably caught some sort of bug. If I remember correctly Dr. S. did not allow vitamins with a few exceptions.

I also think it's a good idea to stick with the drops for 23 days but without the vitamins.

I just started the HHCG yesterday and will start my VLCD tomorrow. I have been nauseated today but not extremely. I am worried about this as well although I wasn't sick with either of my two pregnancies. Mgsondance you mention vitamins and all, what should I be taking on this diet? I felt so educated until now that I am starting and feel so overwhelmed! Is it ok to eat turkey and solid white albacore tuna?

R/P/M
    neither of those foods are allowed, but some people eat them and do ok. i recommend people take a multi-vitamin, some kind of b-complex that includes b-12 (or take the b-12 separately), and a magnesium/potassium supplement. it's not unusual to have a bit of nausea the first couple of days. if you haven't read the newcomer series, those should help- and make sure you read the original protocol.

http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgvanillafor...nSubmit=Search

http://hcgdietinfo.com/HCG_Diet_Simeons_Manuscript.htm