Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weight gain after HCG

Weight gain after HCG

I have been off HCG for a couple months now and I had stabilized 2 pounds over my LIW for about a month after, now its slowly climbing up, i havent been overeating at all. It seems like after HCG if messed my body up.. Im doing a steak day tomorrow, but this morning I was up to 5 pounds over LIW and I feel fat and honestly really frustrated. Has anyone else found it hard to keep weight off after HCG?

Have you figured out what is causing the gains? It must be something you are sensitive to? what have you been eating? Are you weighing every day?
    R1 Start wgt/ load: 205.0/208.8
    R1 LIW: 169.0/168.8 Stabilized 167.4
    R2 Load 1: 168.4/172.6
    R2 LIW 157.4 Stabilized (156.8-159.0)
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6
    R3 wk 3: almost done: Normal BMI!!!
    R3 LIW: 152.2 weight Today: 152.8 P3 day 3
    ******** 1.6 pounds left to GOAL*************

R/P/M
    R2 / P2/ drops
    yes....and it's always because i'm eating something my body doesn't like.
    i've been in the position where it seems like you are doing constant steak days, etc and you get very discouraged.
    Best thing: cut everything out but meat & veggies (and a LITTLE butter for the veggies if you like). NO MILK, NO DAIRY - until your weight goes back down. Then slowly add 1 thing at a time - and wait 2 days
    If it is something you are VERY sensitive to - your body will show it imediately (within hours even) on the scale - that's what soy bean oil does to me - 2-3 lbs within hours of ingesting.
    But if it something you're only a little sensitive to (causing weight creep) - then it can take 2 days to show.

Believe me - this works and is worth it. Don't wait until it's 10 pounds over.

R/P/M
    R2 / P2/ drops
    ps. i also think that if you've been eating a lot of fat, that can cause weight creep. (at least for some of us)
    Each of us needs to find what works for them. high calorie/low calorie, high fat/low fat, etc.
    And i think it changes after a month or 2 or 3 off Hcg.
    What worked last week, might not work anymore.

R/P/M
    p3/lifer
    I totally agree with blush. I found out after losing the last 10 pounds like 3 times (always gained in p3)that dairy is not my friend. Even though I could do a FF day and lose early on, after time I found I cannot do dairy AT ALL. Just cream in my coffee thats it. So the advice of going back to basics with low carb veggies and lean meat is advice well taken. Usually that type of eating will take more than a couple of days for me to see changes on the scale. Just my .02.
    Jeanette

The best things in life are free until the government finds out and taxes it

R/P/M
    R3/P2/SQ
    Blog Entries
    I can't do high sodium or even elevated sodium I have found. Carbonated stuff (even water) puts a ton of water weight on me.

"A change in perspective is worth 80 IQ points" - Alan Kay

Quote Originally Posted by 2manydaystillfri View Post
    I totally agree with blush. I found out after losing the last 10 pounds like 3 times (always gained in p3)that dairy is not my friend. Even though I could do a FF day and lose early on, after time I found I cannot do dairy AT ALL. Just cream in my coffee thats it. So the advice of going back to basics with low carb veggies and lean meat is advice well taken. Usually that type of eating will take more than a couple of days for me to see changes on the scale. Just my .02.
    Ok, came to this forum to maybe find some answers, but only getting more confused by the minute. My husband & I are on R4P3. We were on our way to becoming stable when we had our anniversary weekend over the 4th of July. We were being very disciplined & had not had a steak day in at least a week. We added peanut butter over that weekend & probably ate too much of it. Since then we have struggled with steak days every few days. We can't seem to get stabilized no matter what. We have added milk, whole cream, nuts, peanut butter & cheeses. Once since then I have gone 5 days between steak days. Any time we have added an item we have gone days before gaining. Any big gain days were not when we added anything. It is the weirdest thing.

Reading this thread it appears that we will never be stabilized if we eat anything except meat & veggies. That is not what HCG was advertised to do. According to the Doctor after doing the HCG diet correctly we were supposed to be able to eat "anything" on P3 except sugar & starch. The original book that we bought had a list of items we could eat for every Phase & for life. This worked for us when we bought it after R1 through P2 of round 4. Now all of a sudden nothing seems to work. Totally frustrated. Now I feel like if we don't eat per Kevin Trudeau or eat "live food" we will go right back to being fatter. That is defeating the purpose of going on HCG. HCG was supposed to reset the Hypothalamus. I realize all humans are different, but I feel like I have created the HCG monster inside my body. I was ok with maybe doing HCG once a year to correct any errors in my "life" phase, but I'm not sure that will work. I feel like if I don't continue with "steak days" every 2 days for the rest of my life I will have to maintain a special diet in order not to be 300 pounds. I was already there!!!

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Sounds like one of several possibilities. Either you are eating something you're sensitive to or you had hunger in your round and your body is adding back normal fat, or your weight is too low. QUITE often when someone struggles with weight, they have an insulin issue. hcg isn't going to fix that. I'd go back to basics for a few days. No dairy, nuts or peanut butter. Try that for 4 or 5 days and see how your weight is doing. Then add one thing at a time back.

Did you use the same method of hcg this round?

Stabilized but now cant stop gaining - still eating phase 2 foods

Hi there,
    I agree whole-heartedly with the post below. I have followed the diet to a T. I have now been in phase 4 for three weeks and I am eating almost exclusively p2 foods and am gaining. I have done a steak day every about 3 days to try and correct but I feel (as stated by the other user below) that I am going to be stuck not eating for the rest of my life....and Im still gaining. I wish so badly that I had never gone on this diet. I agree wtih the "hcg monstor."

I stabilized in the 3 weeks of phase 3, I thought. I fluctuated but only above 2 lbs once and the steak day took care of that. Now, in phase 4 I have gained as much as three lbs over night EATING NOTHING OFF OF P2 FOODS because I keep gaining so i went back to basic. I have gone back to apples, veggies and grilled chicken and am still seeing gains. I have no idea what to do. This is a nightmare. Someone please help? Were you able to finally figure yours out??

I don't eat anything but the above, dont drink anything but coffee, iced tea and water. No sweetner, not even artificial or stevia and I am still gaining. This is no way to live. Someone please help?

Quote Originally Posted by tlf351963 View Post
    Ok, came to this forum to maybe find some answers, but only getting more confused by the minute. My husband & I are on R4P3. We were on our way to becoming stable when we had our anniversary weekend over the 4th of July. We were being very disciplined & had not had a steak day in at least a week. We added peanut butter over that weekend & probably ate too much of it. Since then we have struggled with steak days every few days. We can't seem to get stabilized no matter what. We have added milk, whole cream, nuts, peanut butter & cheeses. Once since then I have gone 5 days between steak days. Any time we have added an item we have gone days before gaining. Any big gain days were not when we added anything. It is the weirdest thing.

Reading this thread it appears that we will never be stabilized if we eat anything except meat & veggies. That is not what HCG was advertised to do. According to the Doctor after doing the HCG diet correctly we were supposed to be able to eat "anything" on P3 except sugar & starch. The original book that we bought had a list of items we could eat for every Phase & for life. This worked for us when we bought it after R1 through P2 of round 4. Now all of a sudden nothing seems to work. Totally frustrated. Now I feel like if we don't eat per Kevin Trudeau or eat "live food" we will go right back to being fatter. That is defeating the purpose of going on HCG. HCG was supposed to reset the Hypothalamus. I realize all humans are different, but I feel like I have created the HCG monster inside my body. I was ok with maybe doing HCG once a year to correct any errors in my "life" phase, but I'm not sure that will work. I feel like if I don't continue with "steak days" every 2 days for the rest of my life I will have to maintain a special diet in order not to be 300 pounds. I was already there!!!

R/P/M
    R4 P2 hHCG
    Speaking only for myself, I know I weigh about 245 lbs (down in one round from 277, so not bad).
    - I needed frequent steak days at the beginning of P3, but have worked into high protein days instead
    - At my weight I obviously have insulin issues, so even im P4 I am not eating starches or sugars. . .but before hcg I couldn't eat them either.
    - Due to insulin issues, I know 45 minutes of exercis burns off glycogen stored in the muscles (making room for storing new gycogen there, and helping said insulin issues), and it gives me more dietary flexibility, so I could eat some carbs.
    - If I use heavy whipping cream in my coffee, I usually call that breakfast as it is 300 calories for 3 cups of coffee,
    - If I want a real breakfast, I usually have yerba matte tea with stevia and cardamom to leave room for eggs and bacon calories and a tomato with blue cheese dressing
    - I have much less hunger after hcg, and much better self control. I do not have the same pre-hcg insatiable cravings
    - I have been up and down on the scale, but I think I am learning my boundries. Eating when I am not hungry, or eating more than I have real hunger for, is probably where the gains come from. But at this point I feel that I have the power to choose to eat, or not to eat. Before hcg I did not have the power.
    I am using EFT (aka "tapping") to break my emotional food addiction. EFT is generally a "one time" treatment. Here is a link the EFT article on Dr Mercola's website, which gives guidelines for EFT. Scroll past the video, then read.

http://eft.mercola.com/

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast