Popular Pages

Thread: Fun Run on P3... how do I train?

Fun Run on P3... how do I train?

Hey guys, I'm currently on my second week of P2. My boyfriend and I signed up for a fun run recently (too cool to pass up, a fun run with zombies chasing you) that's happening during my p3 phase. Usually runners are supposed to stock up on carbs before the run, and since carbs still arent' allowed in P3 what can I do? Meatfest?

R/P/M
    P2 yet again/rx subq
    How long is the run? If it is a 5K, you don't need to stock up on carbs or anything else, although a glass or two of water will be helpful to keep hydrated. If it is a marathon, you'll probably have trouble doing it in P3 and training for it in P2. For a shorter distance, Couch to 5K is a helpful training program.

R/P/M
    PATCHES R6.P2
    Blog Entries
    I agree w/ the couch to 5k (I am currently doing it now) and use coconut oil before your zombie run for energy and endurance. No need to carb load for a shorter (3-10 miles) run.

"Others dream of success ... while others wake up and work hard at it." - Dave Ramsey

Hi jmmrr, yes it's a 5k run, but a very stressful one where you're being forced to run for your life! Hahaha. I've been looking at the Couch to 5k as you suggested, it looks like a good program! Not supposed to start any new exercise regimens during p2 so I think I'll wait for p3 before I get started on it.

caressa Thanks for the coconut oil suggestion! Chocolate crack just might help.

sweetiepie
    Check out Robb Wolf's blog for details on what to eat and how to train? Not P3-related, directly, but how to do sports when you are paleo - no basically, it is the same, since you aren't doing carbs to get quick glucose to your muscles. I know he also had info on what to eat during the race... and I know coconut water was one suggestion for drinks.

But - zombies? You have a weird definition of "fun".

R/P/M
    P2 yet again/rx subq
    C25K starts pretty slowly. It would certainly be fine to start it on P2. Dr. Simeons allows exercise, including running, which he mentions by name as not a problem in P&I. And a 3 mile run, no matter how stressful, won't require extra carbs. The carbs in your fruit servings should be fine.

I would not use coconut oil for energy during P2, as recommended above, as it can interfere with the resetting of your hypothalamus and mess up your stabilization.

R/P/M
    PATCHES R6.P2
    Blog Entries
    I should have said coconut oil during the event when not on p2. Also, I also started the c25k on p2 and then also stated Insanity near the end of p2 (yes, in addition to running) and I was totally fine, energy, stamina and no hunger issues. YMMV.

"Others dream of success ... while others wake up and work hard at it." - Dave Ramsey