Popular Pages

Thread: NEW & Wanting to exercise

R/P/M
    Round 1 phase 1 drops

NEW & Wanting to exercise

HELLO all. I am new to HCG. today is my second loading phase and tomorrow will be my first day of VLC.

I have questions in regards to exercise. Prior to starting this I have been doing p90x Zumba etc probably about 5x a week.

Questions
    1.shoukd I try the first week without exercise? And see how the results are?
    2.should I continue the exercise in week one but cut it back?
    3. Thoughts on weight training? Like just arm exercises and some squats and abs?

I would like to exercise a min of 3x a week but only if it will help my weightloss and. It be negative impact on it.

Any thoughts would b appreciated!!

Hey Danielle! I'm new with HCG and I'm also starting today with the VLCD. So maybe we can be buddies? lol

I wanted to ask the same thing here. I do feminine boxing training 3 times a week, and it's pretty intense... So my mayor concern right now is that I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep up with such a low calorie intake, don't want to pass out in the middle of the practise!

sweetiepie
    If you guys are used to exercise, no problem. You might feel like doing less intensity, or possibly up your protein a bit after a workout. I am a couch potato, and I shouldn't attempt a new exercise regiment when doing P2... I think that's where the confusion comes from.

I go exercise in the morning, and I'm not used to having breakfast, just a cup of tea, but when I got back home I was usually starving and would devore anything I could get my hands on!. Maybe I can eat my fruit before going to the gym, and how much should I up my protein for lunch?

sweetiepie
    Only up your protein if you feel like you need it. Personally, I don't do fruit or breadsticks - I just do some protein for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with some veggies, keeping under 500cal. Way more satiating than any fruit or carbs.

Reside in Indiana, Born & Raised on East Coast
    R/P/M
    Rnd-2, P-2, hCG drops

Red face

THANKS for posting this and clarifying the exercise issue. I began Round One 6 days ago ( I am one phase two, day three-- start weight 248) and I have already lost 8lbs. I haven't exercised ( save for two shifts as a restaurant server) and was wondering if it was ok not to exercise and/or what exercises can be done. so thanks!
    Last edited by M Gossie; July 14th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

R/P/M
    R1/P2/ODT
    I would walk 30 minutes a day, even if that is broken into two 15 minutes. Tread water if you can, as long as you keep your arms and legs moving, it low impact and great exercise, you can burn up to 800 calories an hour. I found I still have the energy for my morning walks and a 15 at lunch.
    R1= 28lbs Loss

R2 P2 started 09/24/2012

Hey all. I started the VLCD on saturday, and monday I was scared I wouldn't resist my gym class, as it lasts two hours and it's pretty intense. So anyway, sweetiepie told me to up my protein, so I tried that. Instead of adding protein to my meat, I skipped the fruits and had a protein shake about an hour before working out.
    Class was ok, I wasn't hungry or starving after it, but thirsty!

And then this morning I lost almost 4 pounds! Yay! I'm gonna go again in two days, and see if it really impacts on my weight lose, if it does i'll probly move to the gym LOL

Hey John. I do boxing training, 2 hours, 3 times a week. It's heavy, but it ain't boring at all for me. It's something that I really enjoy, plus I lost 10 pounds in a month with it, no dieting at all. Problem is I suffer from hypoglycemia, and I was scared with such a low calorie intake plus the work outs, I would be low on energy, or worse.
    So far so good.

sweetiepie
    Cool that it worked out! I think most people who do well with some protein shake go for some whey protein - you could also turn to Robb Wolf, I think he has something paleo that might work. And yes, cutting the fruit on exercise days is a pretty smart move, since your blood sugar will be more stable with some protein instead.