Popular Pages

Thread: Toning up in P3 and P4..

R/P/M
    R1/P2/SubQRx

Toning up in P3 and P4..

I'm getting ready to start my first round here soon, but my plan is to exercise and tone up in P3 and P4 between rounds. Does anyone have any good toning routine, advice or tips? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Gym or home workout? If gym, take a weight resistance class, like Barbell or Body Pump.

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 2, HCG ultra drops
    Blog Entries
    run 30 min 3x week.
    use a 5 to 8 lbs weight

squats with dumbell rows 15 reps
    lunges with shoulder presses 15 reps
    dips with one leg in the air. 15 each side
    Push ups 12-15
    bicycle crunches 50 each side
    and leg lifts to work your lower stomach. 40

In between all the excercises listed above do 30-40 jumping jacks in between non stop for 1 minute.

Do all of this 3 times.
    R1 P3
    Went from 224.4 to 193.6 loss of about 31 lbs
    LDW: 193.6
    CW: 196.3

R/P/M
    R1/P3/Homeopathic
    Blog Entries
    I'm not new to the exercise world, but I started 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. It's a 20 minute routine, with levels 1-3. It's basic toning, and if your starting out it's a great way to do it at home. Personally, I think you should still add cardio to the routine. But again, if your starting out, a video like that is a great route. I also really like Zumba. I am keeping it easy for me in P2 which is why I've chosen 30Day Shred, Zumba, 30 minutes on the elliptical, or walking with weights.

Personally, I have the best success with a workout and get the most out of it when I do a weight training routine and then 20-30 minutes of cardio AFTER, not before. Also make sure to stretch after! Helps prevent injury.

You can get a great toning workout at home with 3-5 pound weights and your own body! Good places to look too are MSN's "Fitbie" (under the lifestyle tab) or just google workout routines. Many major gyms also have a circuit training course already mapped out if you don't want to take a class.

From what I've read, working out really hard in P3 isn't the best idea because your body resets used to vigorous exercise. I'm planning on sticking to my P2 workouts through P3 and hitting it hard in P4 when my body is all done resetting it's metabolism. But I'll still pick it up a tiny notch cause I can't wait to get back into training :-)

As far as moves go..... favorite staples of mine are lunges in place or walking lunges, squats, push ups, chair dips, standing back flies, and I'll do shoulder raises or bicep curls during either lunges or squats. I'll do simple things like triceps extensions while sitting and watching TV :-) Don't forget abs.... basic crunches are always good, bicycle crunches, and leg lifts. You can make up your own routine with basic moves. I do three reps of each move in a workout, with 12-25 reps.
    *Sarah*

Made it in my SKINNY JEANS!

R/P/M
    R3P2 Oral Spray
    Tomorrow is officially my last P3 day, but I plan to stick with P3 food for another week.

All through this P3 I have been doing yoga, 1.5 hours x 4 per week. I started in P2 with a gentle yoga 2x week and while it was exhausting, I loved it.

I find I am really toning up and developing a strong core strength. In P4 I will add 30 mins of power walking to my daily routine and challenge myself with Pilates.

There are fantastic online yoga classes, some memberships are less than $10/month for unlimited yoga/pilates classes, or packages like $89 per year unlimited, which is cheaper than any gym membership I have ever had. LOL

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Injections
    Check out T-tapp: www.t-tapp.com

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    Personally, I have the best success with a workout and get the most out of it when I do a weight training routine and then 20-30 minutes of cardio AFTER, not before. Also make sure to stretch after! Helps prevent injury.
    i posted an article on this in the past- he said the same thing, to do the weights first.

From what I've read, working out really hard in P3 isn't the best idea because your body resets used to vigorous exercise.
    not true- i just posted on this- i think maybe it was a question of yours? but another thread. let me know if you don't see it.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/