Popular Pages

Thread: Espresso instead of regular coffee?

R/P/M
    R2/P2/drops
    Blog Entries

Question Espresso instead of regular coffee?

Hi guys,

I cannot stomach regular black coffee w/Stevia. I think the Stevia tastes AWFUL however I can with my espresso which is what we normally drink at home. I have about an 8 oz coffee cup daily. I NEVER thought to check the calorie count because when you say coffee to me I think Espresso. Well, I decided to plug it into my FitDay food log and it says that 8 oz = 43 calories. Does anyone know if this is correct? I certainly hope not

Total Loss R1P2 -31.4lbs (37 days on P2)

Taking it one day at a time.....

Week 1: -6.6 lbs

I cannot stomach regular black coffee, either! I use my one TBL of fat free half and half and vanilla stevia with my espresso. From what I could find, it is about 1 calorie per ounce, either way. So, 8oz should be 8 calories.

http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...-filter-i14209

http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...-coffee-i14210

Nice losses, btw!
    *****Started R1P2 12/27/2010 Sublingual Drops*****

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

R/P/M
    R2/P2/drops
    Blog Entries
    Yes! Thanks for the reply. I thought 43 was high but at this point I just did not know. Yep very happy with my loss so far. I would have liked to be at around 25 but who am I kidding??? Without HCG if I lost 8 lbs in 4 months I was lucky lol.

Take care

Total Loss R1P2 -31.4lbs (37 days on P2)

Taking it one day at a time.....

Week 1: -6.6 lbs

R/P/M
    Thanks to an Argentinian boyfriend who lives south of Miami, I became addicted to cafecito right before learning about, then starting, the hcg diet...not only do I actually miss these espressos, but I'm not sure how to handle the family espresso we share after meals the next time I visit the bf...he lives four hours south from me, so I have two weeks to resolve the problem.... Culturally, I don't want to offend anyone, plus I like it Any ideas how to handle that? As for making espresso here at home, is stevia equal to sugar? Can I just use the same amount of stevia when making the 'first milk' for the foam?

R/P/M
    R1P2 - Rx Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by lisabythesea View Post
    Thanks to an Argentinian boyfriend who lives south of Miami, I became addicted to cafecito right before learning about, then starting, the hcg diet...not only do I actually miss these espressos, but I'm not sure how to handle the family espresso we share after meals the next time I visit the bf...he lives four hours south from me, so I have two weeks to resolve the problem.... Culturally, I don't want to offend anyone, plus I like it Any ideas how to handle that? As for making espresso here at home, is stevia equal to sugar? Can I just use the same amount of stevia when making the 'first milk' for the foam?
    if you have pure stevia powder (not truvia or stuff like that) then be VERY careful as it's a lot sweeter than sugar and you'll only need a tiny pinch to replace a teaspoon of sugar!

you very much have to 'experiment' and find the right dose for your tastes, also different stevia powders are slightly different to each other!

if you use too much stevia you'll get a stronger after-taste
    Started VLCD 11th August 2012
    Starting at 167.6 lbs
    1st wk total: -9.6 lbs from 'before' loading weight
    2nd wk total: -3.8 lbs
    total so far -13.4lbs
    from now will only weigh 'weekly' during P2 (daily P3 and 4)

Goal: 136
    SSG: 121

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Black espresso is fine in P2 Weird that it shows up with calories in fitday. Fat free half and half is terrible for you by the way. Shudder. It's got sugar in place of the fat too so it's going to slow your losses eventually.