Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fraud???? Please read and let me know..

R/P/M
    R1P2D4 HCG Drops
    Blog Entries

Fraud???? Please read and let me know..

While I am going to be starting this diet here soon, I am still looking up information on the diet itself.

I keep finding articles where they state the HCG is a scam and doesn't work and are very unhealthy. I honestly don't believe it cause the way the diet is described, makes perfect sense to me. This is the recent one I found::

Retail versions of a popular weight-loss aid that contain trace amounts of a pregnancy hormone are a fraud and are being sold illegally, a top Food and Drug Administration official said.

The FDA's stance comes after months of hype about the HCG diet and could affect its availability for purchase online and from other retailers.

Consumers in recent months have flocked to the diet, which supporters describe as a weight-loss miracle when combined with a 500-calorie-a-day regimen. Hundreds of people who have shed weight on the controversial diet offer testimonials on websites and social media.

HCG comes in two forms, direct to consumer in a diluted form, and as a prescribed injection from medical professionals.

The product is sold directly to consumers over the Internet or at retail stores, with HCG coming in the form of oral drops, sprays and pellets. Some doctors, weight-loss clinics and medical spas also write prescriptions for human chorionic gonadotropin, or HCG, a natural hormone that is produced in the placenta during pregnancy.

The FDA, the agency that oversees the nation's food and drug products, says the direct-to-consumer HCG products that claim the homeopathic label are a fraud and are being sold illegally.

Homeopathy describes an alternative-medicine practice that includes use of small amounts of medicine to treat an illness. The FDA allows the sale of drugs made from homeopathic ingredients that are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia, but HCG is not among the approved ingredients or drugs, said Elizabeth Miller, who oversees the FDA's Internet health-fraud team.
    'Unapproved drug'

"Anything on the market that claims to be an HCG homeopathic product, it is not," Miller said. "Instead, it is an unapproved drug."

Miller said the federal agency has fielded complaints of "economic fraud" from consumers who said that homeopathic HCG products don't work.

Phoenix-area doctors who are skeptical of the HCG diet say they agree with the FDA's assessment of the popular diet.

"It's a placebo at best," said Craig Primack, a Scottsdale doctor who specializes in weight loss. "There are no studies on oral HCG that anyone can provide. It doesn't seem to do anything."

Primack added that decades-old medical studies show the prescription HCG is not an effective weight-loss method, either.

The federal agency prioritizes its enforcement to emphasize products that cause direct or indirect health risks and is not taking forcible action at this time. If the HCG products contain minute amounts of the hormone, as their labels suggest, they likely won't cause much harm because the protein would be easily broken down by stomach acids, Miller said.

"Because they are unapproved new drugs and they are illegal, they are subject to us taking a compliance action at any time," Miller said.

Retail stores and wholesalers that sell homeopathic HCG products already are changing their product mix.
    Discontinued sales

Hi-Health discontinued selling homeopathic HCG within the past two months. The retailer sells another weight-loss aid for the HCG diet that does not include any trace amounts of the hormone, just herbs and amino acids, said Jay Chopra, the chain's vice president of merchandising.

Chopra said the retail chain's supplier discontinued the homeopathic HCG products.

HCG Platinum, an Internet and wholesale distributor of HCG products, recently halted sales of homeopathic HCG at the request of one of its customers, President Kevin Wright said. HCG Platinum sells its weight-loss products to Rite Aid and health-food chain GNC.

Proponents of the HCG diet say the hormone, when combined with a strict diet, effectively redistributes body fat and stabilizes a person's metabolism. The dieter eventually can expand their low-calorie diet to a more moderate diet of 1,500 to 2,000 calories per day, depending on the individual's metabolism.

When asked how his company's new fat-busting products are effective without HCG, Wright said, "That's a good question. . . . It does work. I have tens of thousands of people who swear our product is amazing."
    Prescription HCG

The HCG diet has gained popularity among some naturopathic doctors, clinics and medical spas that tout its benefits.

The FDA long has held that injectable forms of HCG offered by licensed medical professionals are an unproven weight-loss remedy and can cause health risks such as infection and soreness.

The federal agency has approved synthetic versions of the hormone for uses such as fertility in women.

Doctors have the discretion to prescribe drugs as they see fit, and many have found a lucrative niche in prescribing the hormone for weight loss.

Although the FDA doesn't regulate how doctors prescribe drugs for uses other than what they are approved for, Miller said it is alarming that some build their medical practice with the offer of the HCG diet.

"When people are making their business model prescribing things off-label, to me that is very suspect," Miller said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/business/ar...#ixzz1DTrYFl00
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

So what do you think??? Is it just a brand of the product or what? I have talked to numerous of people who have done this diet and successfully lost weight and I bought the stuff, so I am going to try it but would love to hear what people have to say.

R/P/M
    R4, P3, Paleo/Primal eating with Leptin reset timing for life
    Blog Entries
    Wish you new folks would do a search of this forum and do some reading before you post. 99.9% of your concernes are already addressed here somewhere ... usually within the "stickies" at the top of each forum page. Read those and you will "hear what people have to say."

That said, all you need to say is "the FDA doesn't approve" and I know it's probably a *good* product or treatment. The FDA approved all kinds of pain drugs they had to take off the market after people died. The FDA approves High Fructose Cornsyrup, which is killing Americans by the millions with the obesity it causes and it is banned in many countries in Europe. The FDA disapproves of HHCG mostly because it is inexpensive and it works ... if everyone did this protocol the huge diet industry would go broke. I'm sure the lobbyist are pressuring the FDA to take a stance against it.

I'm losing pounds AND inches with it, and thankfully I have enough stock of HHCG to complete another 5 rounds. It can be called anything, and I don't care.

R/P/M
    R1P2D4 HCG Drops
    Blog Entries
    I don't believe a word of it or not in truth and I believe I state it up there also. I was just wondering what are some inputs on the matter.

I think there's two points here. One is that they're claiming it doesn't work. The next is that they consider this thing that doesn't work to be an "unregulated drug". I'm kind of fascinated about how something that doesn't do anything is also an unregulated drug... but whatever. Of more concern to me is: will we still be able to buy this stuff in the next year? I hope so. The "placebo effect, if that" is doing wonders for my waistline while leaving my boobs and face nicely filled out. lol
    Round 1: - 11.0 (LDW 129)
    R1P3 started 2/15/2011

R/P/M
    R4, P3, Paleo/Primal eating with Leptin reset timing for life
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa032310 View Post
    I don't believe a word of it or not in truth and I believe I state it up there also. I was just wondering what are some inputs on the matter.
    And, as I stated, this has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum and if you really want to know what people think you can custom google "HCG fraud" and find all sorts of threads on the topic. http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...oncerns-17396/ is one place you can get started. Has lots of pros and cons discussed by members in that thread.

Enjoy your research and your HCG journey! I love losing with this fake and illegal product! Hope you do, too!
    From 376, lost some over 3 years ... Started HCG October 31, 2010 - Sept 30, 2011, - 53 lb with 4 rounds HCG protocol.
    Maintained w/ Paleo April 22 - June 1, when I started losing. Lost an additional 20 lb with Paleo eating between rounds.
    Back to Paleo 10-1-2011 @ 278
    100 lb GONE 10-13-2011
    Kathy

Left this forum permanently 10/29/2011.

See: www.jackkruse.com, www.marksdailyapple.com
    Stop the government from making supplements PRESCRIPTION ONLY http://www.anh-usa.org/

R/P/M
    R1P2D4 HCG Drops
    Blog Entries
    I am anxious to try it.

Does this diet affect your boobs?? I breastfeed for 8.5 months and I aren't to happy with the way they look right now and am hoping I can fix that while losing weight so I can look good all around... what's your opinion on that???
    Also, I think this article was talking about HHCG. What's truly the difference?? I got scared cause I bought my from a company off of ebay (scarey, I know) who is also a company called GFC HEalth Products. The bottle only states HCG not HHCG so I think I am good. I know they sell HCG for 49.00 and I got mine for under 20.00 with free shipping.

jkm
    coco
    check out the boards, its your journey, but I am an RN for 25 years and have studied a lot of diet issues, and I am very happy, it is still some work! its a journey... I think one person said about 15,000 people have used this board inthe last two years to lose weight, so its not a scam. and the time spent in answering peoples questions? don't see that on a scam board... good luck
    first round nov 2009, 167 to 140
    half hearted 140 to 130 in 2010
    nov 2013 167 to.... where the bottle of hcg goes
    this time I am using correct probiotics, and vit D!
    16 lbs lost moving to p3 until jan 5 , 1/2 way to goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa032310 View Post
    I am anxious to try it.

Does this diet affect your boobs?? I breastfeed for 8.5 months and I aren't to happy with the way they look right now and am hoping I can fix that while losing weight so I can look good all around... what's your opinion on that???
    Also, I think this article was talking about HHCG. What's truly the difference?? I got scared cause I bought my from a company off of ebay (scarey, I know) who is also a company called GFC HEalth Products. The bottle only states HCG not HHCG so I think I am good. I know they sell HCG for 49.00 and I got mine for under 20.00 with free shipping.
    I don't know what you'd like to change about your boobs, but after I breastfed for nearly 2 years, mine deflated to nothing but skin and it took a year to normalize them again... so not sure which direction you'd like yours to go, but as far as I've experienced, hcg didn't take away my boobs. Usually when I lose weight my weight first comes off my boobs and face. At age 40, these aren't places I'd like to lose shape!! For some reason this time around my face is leaner but not skeletal by ANY means, no extra wrinkles showing and no weird cheekbone issues for me... and my boobs are still B cups without looking deflated. Not sure if that helps.

Hhcg is homeopathic hcg. It tends to be less expensive (in the research I've done), it is slightly different from prescription HCG, but seems equally effective to those who have tried it. A lot of folks buy hcg off ebay. I don't know about your seller, but maybe if you pose a specific question with the name in the title, or do a search on this forum with that name someone will have reported on it.
    Round 1: - 11.0 (LDW 129)
    R1P3 started 2/15/2011

R/P/M
    R1P2D4 HCG Drops
    Blog Entries
    You answered all my questions. Thank you so much. Yea, they look deflated. That's the best word from it. It has only been about 2 months since I quit so I reckon I will just wait and see. I didn't know if there was something I could eat or something that will help them fill back out.

I will have to check my seller and see. I appreciate your information.

your boobs are fat and mammary ducts/glands. you really can't do anything to fill them out or put them back up there^ unless you get cosmetic surgery. i personally have breastfed 4 babies over a period of 13 yrs(not 13 yrs altogether)....mine started at 32B, and while breast feeding, was 36DD. i quit breastfeeding my last child nearly 2 yrs ago, so my boobs shrunk to 36D. I started hhcg in october 2010, and now i'm down to a 32, B is too small, C is too big. you might see some "inflating" while you're losing weight, but you will never have firm, perky, pre-breastfeeding boobs again without cosmetic surgery(this is what my OB/GYN told me).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast