Popular Pages

Thread: Help! Great weight loss Week 1, but Week 2 not much of anything

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HHCG

Help! Great weight loss Week 1, but Week 2 not much of anything

I lost over 13 pounds in week 1 and have only lost 2 pounds in week 2. What could explain the significant difference (other than water weight)? I have not eaten anything off plan, but I have almost never gotten in all of the food each day and I am struggling getting enough fluids. Is that my issue or do I need to be looking at something else? I have eaten only steak or chicken every day and have stuck to apples and strawberries as my fruits. My vegetable of choice has been tomatoes (either raw or in a tomato sauce made of crushed tomatoes and tomato paste). One day I did have shrimp. Do I need to mix it up more or do I need to eat all of the food every day?

Yesterday was the first day that I only got to doses of hcg drops in. I forgot to take them to work with me. I did start having the tomato sauce starting at the beginning of the second week, so I'm going to cut that out this next week and see if that is the issue.

I know men lose at a higher rate than women, but a coworker has lost 100 pounds since March on only two rounds of hcg drops.

And I only take measurements at my neck waist and hips and haven't seen a change yet in any of those measurements, is that typical?
    R1 Preload: 250
    Load: 248.6 (-1.4)
    P2W1: 236.4 (-12.2)
    P2W2: 233.0 (-3.4)
    P2W3 (in progress): 231 (-2)
    Total R1 Loss: -19 pounds

R/P/M
    P4
    It is normal for weight loss to slow down the second week, especially when you had such an enormous loss in week 1. Over the course of the round, you'll average 1/2 to 3/4 lb per day lost. Since you had such a huge loss the first week, you'll probably average toward the higher end. A loss of 3-4 lbs a week is about normal.

Tomato paste isn't really on protocol although some people use it. If eating steak, make sure it is extremely lean (grassfed is leanest) and eat it no more than once a day. If I were you, I'd branch out with the vegetables and try some other options. I did fine with beef and tomatoes, but those items, especially when eaten together, are notorious for causing stalls.

You should try to eat all your food every day if you can. And you absolutely must take all of your hcg meds every day. Make sure your drops are authentic, not fake. I tended to lose inches in P3, not P2, especially in my first round, so the lack of inches lost doesn't concern me.

As for your friend, he (or she) isn't following protocol. You are limited to 34 lbs (up to 40 if very obese) loss per round.

R/P/M
    R3/P4/Injections
    I remember mentioning in another thread of yours that to definitely make sure the drops are real because a lot are fake. But also tomatoes are tricky on the protocol. My doctor had mentioned pretty much only 1 cup per serving with tomatoes. I didn't have steak as listed in my P2. I had listed chicken, tuna (water packed), turkey, shrimp, veal, crab, lobster, pork tenderloin, and white fish. Hopefully this helps.

jmmrr is correct about how the weight loss does slow down during the second week. I also believe during the third week is a stall. Or somewhere in there, a stall or plateau will come. This is also very normal.
    "This journey in not easy at all but we can do it!"

R/P/M
    P4
    DewDust, careful with the turkey, tuna and pork. None are from the original protocol and tuna is specifically mentioned at not allowed in the original. Turkey is notorious for causing stalls.

Week 2 is notorious for small losses, nothing you can do about it, just keep on going. You can tweak and change everything and week 2 (or something 3) will still be bad. Some get lucky and don't hit the slow down but most of us expect it and finally accept it, like it or not. It will pick back up.

R/P/M
    R3/P4/Injections
    Wow, I did not know that. That list of food I gave came directly from my doctor. But I didn't eat the turkey. I don't like turkey. Thank goodness, no? But I did eat tuna and pork tenderloin and had no issues, sweetie. I couldn't keep eating white fish (as well with tuna) as much due to mercury poisoning and that I got tired of it, along with the chicken. So I gave veal and pork tenderloin a shot for two weeks and still lost. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmrr View Post
    DewDust, careful with the turkey, tuna and pork. None are from the original protocol and tuna is specifically mentioned at not allowed in the original. Turkey is notorious for causing stalls.
    OH! I should mention that I do trim the fat from whatever lean pork tenderloin or veal that I purchase. I sit there and trim out all that I can. Maybe that's the difference.
    "This journey in not easy at all but we can do it!"

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HHCG
    Thank you all for the great information. I thought I might just getting concerned over nothing, but wanted to make sure. My drops are homeopathic and I don't know what I would need to check to say they were real or not. They have seemed to have worked for myself and my co-worker. I agree that he hasn't stuck with the protocol as he has dropped too much too fast. I'm not anticipating that type of loss, but another 10 pounds this round would be nice

As someone who has tried over and over to get this weight off, it's so nice to know there is something out there that really works. I know it's not easy and I wish my schedule were a little more regular right now.

One more question, if anyone might still be out there. I've been feeling a little bit weak or not having a lot of stamina. I went to the state fair yesterday and had to keep sitting down. I don't feel like I'm going to pass out exactly, but just don't have any strength to go more. Is that due to not getting all my fluids in, not having enough protein or possibly something else? I don't have any health issues, other than sometimes get dehydrated. I didn't check my blood sugar and don't think this was the issue either. Do I need to up my calories a little bit from the 500?
    R1 Preload: 250
    Load: 248.6 (-1.4)
    P2W1: 236.4 (-12.2)
    P2W2: 233.0 (-3.4)
    P2W3 (in progress): 231 (-2)
    Total R1 Loss: -19 pounds

Annie it sounds like you don't have any hcg in your system. Check your bottle and see what the ingredients say. It should say HCG (written out) followed by 3x, 6x, 12x or something similar. It should not say hcg blend or hcg activator.

Even if it's hhcg it may not be working. I recently tried hhcg pellets and it didn't activate any hcg in me, I was feeling very much like you are. Turned out my blood sugar and my BP was dropping too low, my pulse was racing too high. Basically I was doing the diet with no hcg in my system and I have no doubt I would have wound up in the hospital or worse had I continued. Switched to HCG shots and almost instantly felt better, no more weakness, no shakiness, feeling like I was going to pass out if I over did it, etc. Think I finally found my right dose on them.

Dh was taking the same hhcg pellets and had no problems, in fact he is still taking them and doing great. So it was a problem with me and the pellets. I've done hhcg drops in the past and they worked great, not sure why I had a problem this time.