Popular Pages

Thread: Help! I cannot seem to stay under 500 calories!

Help! I cannot seem to stay under 500 calories!

Here was yesterdays menu
    Should I take out the bread? Or the fruit?

tea
    eggs
    Asparagus
    tangerine
    Melba snack
    broth
    celery
    Melba snack
    apple
    Morning Star Grillers Original

sweetiepie
    Morning Star - not protocol. Tangerine - not protocol. Eggs - not really protocol.

Why are you doing so many off-protocol things, and why are you eating more than 500calories? Are you hungry? Which method are you using?

Ugh, just checked Morning Star - definitely not protocol. That is frankenfood... sugar, vegetable oil, gluten....

(WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WATER FOR HYDRATION), EGG WHITES, CORN OIL, CALCIUM CASEINATE, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF MODIFIED TAPIOCA STARCH, ONION POWDER, CANOLA OIL, TRIGLYCERIDES FROM COCONUT OIL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN GLUTEN, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN), DEXTROSE, SALT, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, SUGAR, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES, CARAMEL COLOR, CULTURED WHEY, MALTODEXTRIN, GARLIC POWDER, SPICE, CELLULOSE GUM, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, SALT, WHEAT), VITAMINS AND MINERALS (NIACINAMIDE, IRON [FERROUS SULFATE], THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE [VITAMIN B6], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], VITAMIN B12), SESAME SEED OIL, CELERY EXTRACT, SOY LECITHIN.
    Last edited by sweetiepie; July 29th, 2012 at 02:22 PM.

R/P/M
    P4
    Here's a list of the things you can have. If you follow this, it is easy to stay at 500 calories.

"The Diet

The 500 Calorie diet is explained on the day of the second injection to those patients who will be preparing their own food, and it is most important that the person who will actually cook is present - the wife, the mother or the cook, as the case may be. Here in Italy patients are given the following diet sheet.

BREAKFAST: Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or other sweeteners may be used.

LUNCH: 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed raw from the bird.
    One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
    One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.
    An apple or an orange or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

DINNER : The same four choices as lunch.

The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes. Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.
    Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by rene9110 View Post
    Here was yesterdays menu
    Should I take out the bread? Or the fruit?

tea
    eggs
    Asparagus
    tangerine
    Melba snack
    broth
    celery
    Melba snack
    apple
    Morning Star Grillers Original
    Where is your protein?

I bet if you read the label for Morning Star Grillers you will find hidden sugar and other fillers that are not good for you. Those items are added to all frozen food because they eliminate the fat and need to make it taste good. Stay away from them and anything else in the frozen food section. You are better off cooking your own foods. If time is a factor, pre-cook batches of chicken and talapia or any other fish on the originanl food list on the weekend. I do, so I always have protein available. When I pre-cook my protein, I measure out 85 g instead of 100 g. When I exercise, I will eliminate my grassini and have 100 g of protein. I haven't had any issues with losing.

If you use the foods as listed in the origial protocol you don't need to worry about calories because it will be different every day depending on what you eat. Eat the foods as instructed an you will be fine.

Good luck

Where did you get your food plan?

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    First, you need to read pounds and inches to see the appropriate foods. Second, cut out the bread sticks and the morning star stuff, and eat real food. You will have trouble getting UP to 500 cal if you follow these suggestions. Hang in there.
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

It looks like you are following a vegetarian protocol? That is difficult, but not impossible, and the weight may come off slower. What about seafood, rich in protein, low in calories. One egg, plus egg whites are on protocol, also protein rich. And I agree about the Morningstar fake food, the list of ingredients is way too long.
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?