Popular Pages

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a snack!! I heard somewhere that there are fat-free, sugar-free, no carb ...

I need a snack!! I heard somewhere that there are fat-free, sugar-free, no carb ...

snacks out there somewhere that we can have occasionally. Hey, it's better than cheating!

I had an off day for our anniversary - ate filet mignon, baked potato and homemade bread. Gained 2 pounds, but that's OK. I've already lost them again.

I feel OK, not hungry most of the time, but boy am I craving something sweet!

I think having an off day actually made the diet worse for me - now I know what I am missing again.

Any hints about what I can eat while on the drops that has no fat, no sugar, no carbs, but tastes great?

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    when I felt I needed something at night during VLCD I would have some more of whatever protocol veggie I'd had at dinner.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

walden farms makes products that are calorie free, carb free, sugar free, gluten free... like chocolate dip, marshmallow dip, dressings, bbq sauce. The chocolate dip is wonderful with strawberries. I've heard that they don't work well with some people because of the ingredients....probably better than a cheat.

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Patches
    Blog Entries
    DeeGee If you're craving something sweet you could get flavored stevia. I have the chocolate and the rootbeer and they really help! I may be a little strange, but some of the chocolate in a cup of warm water tastes quite a bit like hot coco to me (albeit, a little watered down). There are a lot of different options, and with a little creativity, you can really help overcome those cravings and stay on protocol.

Otherwise, something else that works really well for me is chopping up an apple into finger sized bites, sprinkle some stevia and cinnamon and then baking it in the oven. The small bites provide a lot of chewing/mental satisfaction and the warmness feels great in my belly!

Quote Originally Posted by Kati View Post
    Otherwise, something else that works really well for me is chopping up an apple into finger sized bites, sprinkle some stevia and cinnamon and then baking it in the oven. The small bites provide a lot of chewing/mental satisfaction and the warmness feels great in my belly!
    This apple idea also works great with the microwave steamer bags!
    43 years old
    5' 5"

If you are craving something salty/crispy, you could try spinach chips. I'm addicted to them and DH even like them and he normally doesn't like spinach.

You line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the spinach out really thin (dry it a bit with paper towel if it is damp). Sprinkle a little salt on and bake at 350 until they are dried out (maybe 15 min). You will then have to peel them off the paper. The taste totally changes when they are dried out. I love them!

R/P/M
    R3/P2/Inj
    That sounds like a great idea! I'm going to go get some parchment paper right now and have some spinach chips tonight!

Thanks for the idea!

Barb

R/P/M
    R2/P3/SubQ, Dr. S - Rogue :)
    Do these really get crispy? Interesting??!! might have to give it a go, I have spinach, just need parchment
    Boo - looks like this is where I stabilized.....but since it's stable I'll take it!

If you spread them out so that there aren't too many overlapping and bake them long enough they get so crispy you can only peel them off the paper and they will break up a bit anyways. Even if a few don't get crispy, I still think they taste better than when you cook the spinach in a pan. I also love salt, so I crave these things all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by tandemwench View Post
    Do these really get crispy? Interesting??!! might have to give it a go, I have spinach, just need parchment
    They are crispy, but also paper-thin. Here is the recipe: Cooking Books: Baked Spinach Chips. The leaves shrink quite a bit, so it's okay to overlap them a bit when placing on the parchment paper. I like sprinkling them with red pepper & a dash of salt for a spicy 'chip'.

Oh, and one more thing... if you eat a lot, they can have a... um... cleansing effect.
    Think thin thoughts and it will become your experience.