Popular Pages

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading on the 16th!

Happy - I feel exactly the same way!! I am really hoping this diet (in addition to bringing me down to a normal weight) will help to reset my thought process on eating. More and more, I am think about our country and how we worship food and how mcuh we waste as well. This has been a gradual process for me, touched off by many things (reading history, the current state of our healthcare, the families I work with, etc), but over the past few weeks, it has really become evident to me that I need to change this in me, even if it's only me and no one else who changes. I have to readjust how I think of food. I look around my kitchen and see things that we eat on a daily basis that 100 yrs ago were eaten only 1-2 times a year! cookies, candy, ice cream, chocolate! Even fruits and vegetables. They are at out disposal year round now but 50 yrs ago, you ate only what was in season, creating a sense of special-ness to those foods. I know, it all sounds corny. Don't get me wrong, I love technology and don't want to go backward. But in the process of invention, things have become almost too easy for us. (how much easier is it to stick a bag of popcorn in the micro vs. the old fashioned way on the stove. ).

ok, off my soapbox!
    Alison
    start BF%: 44 (10/16/10) ; current BF%: 37.0
    net loss from R1a: 11.6 lbs

well, I made it through my first day. I am finishing my 2nd meal and all in all, it was a very good day. My headache went away midday. I didn't have any hunger. The only trouble I had was when I was cleaning up the dinner plates for the family. I tend to graze the leftovers so I really had to keep my head in the game there. But other than that, I was fine. I am actually amazed how much food you can eat. The veggies and fruit go a long way if you chop them up and add them to the protein. Definitely filling. I know 1st days are usually pretty easy - it's the 2-3rd days that are tough. So I'll have to see how tomorrow goes but so far so good! I'll be happy when you all start tomorrow. I'm going to get ready for bed soon - do some reading. If I'm in my room any thoughts of food will be less likely. Not taking any chances. Besides, I added a new goal for me to get more sleep. I know sleep helps with weightloss
    Alison

R/P/M
    Round 1, P!
    Sapphire!!!

WAY TO GO!!! FIRST DAY DONE! My first VLCD will be tomorrow...so your post is helping inspire me for Monday! I will be one day behind you, so will watch you with great interest...don't have a ticker yet, but I also would like loose about the same amount as you...so will be interesting to journey together! Hope day 2 goes as well for you!!!

R/P/M
    Life Maintenance
    I had insomnia for the second night in the row, but this time I never went to sleep. I think it must be the HCG. So I surrendered and got up to face Day 1 of VLCD. I got on the scale with my eyes closed and opened them to see the dreaded 190 lbs. I gained 7 lbs. from two days of loading. I know this isn't unusual, but I didn't realize until I re-read Pounds and Inches at 3 a.m. that Dr. S. counts these load pounds as part of the overall results. So I may not get to the weight I was hoping for after this round. But even that won't dampen my spirits because I am just so happy to not have to eat any more fattening foods. Since I'm up early and don't have to be at work for a few hours, I think I'll try to take some before pictures this morning using my automatic timer. I'd be interested to know how all of you are sleeping. Good luck today.
    Starting weight on 10/16/10 was 183 lbs.
    Round 1, 36 day round; lost 19 lbs. from pre-load weight.

Round 2, 37 day round; lost 16 lbs. from pre-load weight.
    Round 3, 40 day round; lost 14 lbs. from pre-load weight.
    LIW on 06/03/11 was 134 lbs.
    Started primal lifestyle on 02/29/12 at 139 lbs.
    Weight on 09/21/13 was 119 lbs.

R/P/M
    Round 1, P!
    BEBOL,

Sorry about your sleepless night...your body is sayin NO WAAAAAYYYY will I sleep and give my body the rest it needs to release, huh? It is VLCD 1 for me today as well...I am really anxious...nervous, etc. AND on the flip side of everyone else...I got on the scale and was DOWN 2.8 pounds! Whats up with that!!!?!! I mean, I did my loading part!..Cracker Barrell, Tim Hortons, Montgomery Inn Ribs, Ritters Frozen Custard, Apple pie ala mode.. Mallo Cups, toast and butter...count chocula ceareal...all in the past two days...maybe I won't see that gain until tomorrow...who knows...but I was shocked...

I just want this time to be different...and the LAST time. So tired of being a failure at controling my own body and weight...thanks to all of you for sharing your journeys...will help me, I'm sure!

Happy Monday! Prayers for all of US!

bebol, I have been sleeping fine on the HCG. But the restlessness does hit some people. I think it goes away after your body gets used to it.

goodluck today everyone! you can do it! make sure you don't overdo anything, even if you have extra energy. conserve it for day 2 and 3
    Alison

whoo hoo! lost 2 pounds from 1st day. I didn't gain as much during loading (3lbs) so I bet you all will lose even more that first day. I'm happy to see it go down though! Getting below 190 in the next couple of days will be a big boost for me. feeling pretty good today. No headache or hunger this morning. Going swimming with my kids (we homeschool). allergies are acting up though - brain fog setting in.
    Alison

R/P/M
    Life Maintenance
    That's fabulous, sapphire3. I thought I had gained 7 lbs. total, but I weighed myself too early this a.m. I just weighed again, and it's up to 8.5 lbs. I better keep off the scale.

R/P/M
    1st Round/Phase 2/ Homeopathic Oral HCG
    Okay, I am convinced you two girls (Bebol and Sapphire) that you DO know what you are talking about! Haha. So today is Day 2 for me. I weighed in this morning and I am back to pre-loading weight (5lbs gone!). I was shocked. And Sapphire (I think it was Sapphire, it could have been Bebol), you were absolutely right. I am definitely not used to eating all that fatty food and I wasn't drinking water like I should. I drank over a gallon yesterday and I truly believe that helped immensely with the loss this morning. I felt really good today. I wouldn't say I feel HUNGRY per se, but I think whatever I feel is mostly pyschological. I am an exeriser and a typical week for me is 1 1/2 hours of moderate cardio twice a day. So today I felt totally ready to walk a little. Nothing big. But I wanted to keep my body feeling good and strong with some mild heart pounding. I did an hour hike with some jogging on the downhill back to my truck. While I was hungry when I got home, I felt great.

I typically suffer from lightheadedness ALL the time (I'm also mildly enemic) so I wasn't sure what to expect from this limited diet. But so far so good. As long as I keep my water levels up I seem to be fine. But I would be lying if I said that I wasn't looking forward to my piece of fish and greens tonight. I opted to cook all my protein in advance a week at a time. I am SO glad I did. In the moment I just want to EAT. I will definitely do this again for next week. I am hoping tomorrow I am down again and I can change my ticker!!!

I should also acknowledge: GOAL 1 ACHIEVED!!!!! LOADING WEIGHT GONE! YEA!
    "Remember that what is hard to endure will be sweet to recall." ~French Proverb

LOAD1: 157.8
    LOAD2: 154.8 (-3.0)
    WEEK1:-12lbs
    VLCD8:146.4 (+.4
    VLCD9: 145.8(-.6)
    VLCD10:143.8 (-2.0)
    VLCD11:143.2 (-0.6)
    VLCD12:142.8 (-0.4)
    VLCD 13:141.6 (-1.2)

R/P/M
    Life Maintenance
    Cella, your enthusiasm is infectious. Great job on dropping the load weight. I'm having some weird side effects on my HCG that I've not seen anyone suffer from. I don't think my dosage is too high because I'm not hungry at all. I'm just going to have to monitor this. I hope I can sleep tonight. I performed well at work today. It was as if I was on 20 cups of coffee. I could take on the world.

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast