Popular Pages

Thread: Mixing vegetables question!

Mixing vegetables question!

Hey gals, starting 2nd round! Day 2 and I've lost over 5 pounds, whohooo!!

Ok, question...can u mix tomatoes with other veggies, like I'm gonna have an egg white omlet with spinach. Can I have a cut up tomatoe with it, or nOT?

Also, when it says 2 cups of veggies, tomatoes r on the list but the back of my tomato carton says 35 calories per 1 small tomato so 2 cups would really rack up calories, right??

Thanks for yr expert advice! Love this supportive place!!

Love
    Laura

R/P/M
    Round 3/ Phase 2/ Injections
    Some mix, some do not. I personally did not my first round and then my past 2 rounds I have, and things have been about the same for me loss wise. Some people choose to count their tomato as their fruit since the sugar content is rather high and have another vegetable with it... but again your mileage may vary so you just have to try it for yourself.

According to original protocol, though, mixing of veggies is not allowed and tomato is counted as a veggie and not a fruit.
    **Emily**
    One day at a time
    HCG isn't a diet, its a lifestyle!

I will mix my veggies - last night I had 1 cup lettuce with some purple onion in it and 1 whole tomato about 3" wide cut up in it along with some dill relish - I made a hamburger in a bowl so to speak - luckily mixing veggies has never hurt my weight loss - down 3.8lbs this morning but as everyone says everyone is different so you have to try things and see how your body reacts!

Good luck

R/P/M
    P4
    It sounds like your food list is not from the original protocol. I urge you to read Pounds & Inches to make sure you have the correct list. There's no 2 cup serving suggestion in the original plan. You can have 500 daily calories. For each meal, you choose one protein and one fruit from the allowed list. You can have 1 grissini, if you choose. You add up the calories in all that and the rest of available calories are for your one vegetable choice.

Mixing vegetables is not allowed, but I don't think it would hurt much. Although there are some things on this diet that seem like they wouldn't be a problem yet are a big problem.

R/P/M
    R1,P2, EHCG Anumed
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmrr View Post
    It sounds like your food list is not from the original protocol. I urge you to read Pounds & Inches to make sure you have the correct list. There's no 2 cup serving suggestion in the original plan. You can have 500 daily calories. For each meal, you choose one protein and one fruit from the allowed list. You can have 1 grissini, if you choose. You add up the calories in all that and the rest of available calories are for your one vegetable choice.

Mixing vegetables is not allowed, but I don't think it would hurt much. Although there are some things on this diet that seem like they wouldn't be a problem yet are a big problem.
    I've been eating 2 cups of veggies with both meals. I thought I read in P&I that you eat veggies with each meal just not the same veggies same with fruit you have a different fruit what you have for lunch you don't have for dinner.
    Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

4/6 - 191.2
    4/8 - 195.5 - Load
    4/12 -188.2
    Week 1 - 7.3
    Week 2 - 3.6
    Week 3 - 4.1
    Week 4 - 2.2
    Week 5 - 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by ljm517 View Post
    I've been eating 2 cups of veggies with both meals. I thought I read in P&I that you eat veggies with each meal just not the same veggies same with fruit you have a different fruit what you have for lunch you don't have for dinner.
    I eat 2 cups - like cabbage but I don't eat my fruit or the bread stick also so maybe that is why I still lose - I also track my daily calories to stay under 500

R/P/M
    P4
    You can have the same vegetable and fruit for lunch and dinner if you want. But there's no 2 cup suggestion/requirement/guideline/mention. The amount of vegetables you eat is based on the calories of your foods and the 500 calorie limit.

If I purely went off of calories on some veggies like lettuce and spinach, it would require a LOT of it. I measure it to know the calories and even then for the veggies I mentioned, they are low. I would think throwing in a little onion or diced tomato to not fall too much under the 500cal wouldn't be totally sinful..?