Popular Pages

Thread: Protein Shakes ............?

Protein Shakes ............?

I am in P2 day 20 I have looked around the forum and have read about some on P2 using protein shakes, well anyway my question is I have seen some are using the ~~~body fortress protein ~~~~~ for the hcg diet, well when I look at the label it say's this.....where my concern is the Fat...........I thought we where not suppose to have fat maybe I'm wrong here not sure, I also understand that protein shake's are not protocol.........Thank's all

Calories 140 270
    Calories from Fat 20 40
    Total Fat 2 g 3%† 4 g 7%†
    Saturated Fat 1 g 6%† 2.5 g 12%†
    Cholesterol 50 mg 17% 100 mg 34%
    Total Carbohydrate 8 g 3%† 15 g 5%†
    Dietary Fiber <1 g 4%† 2 g 7%†
    Sugars 2 g †† 3 g ††
    Protein 26 g 51%† 52 g 102%†
    Calcium 64 mg 6% 128 mg 13%
    Iron 0.5 mg 3% 1 mg 5%
    Phosphorus 62 mg 6% 124 mg 12%
    Magnesium 18 mg 5% 37 mg 9%
    Zinc 0.09 mg 1% 0.19 mg 1%
    Copper 0.05 mg 3% 0.11 mg 5%
    Sodium 100 mg 4% 200 mg 9%
    Potassium 190 mg 5% 380 mg 11%
    †Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
    ††Daily Value not established.
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size 1 Scoop (38 g) 2 Scoops (76 g)

Newbie fo sho!
    R/P/M
    R1 hhcg pellets from intermountian hcg

Protein Shakes ............?

I would be more concerned with the carbs in it. That is a very low fat (and sugar) for a protein shake. What it ultimately comes down to is if it works for you or not. Just watch other carbs for the day. I did well on pure protein and designer whey shakes in p2. I love the different yummy flavors that pure protein has, and the volume for the calories. It has substance to it. A lot of people seem to do well on jay Robb shakes. They are pricy and i hear mixed reviews about taste. And yes rogue, but sometimes you have to do what fits your lifestyle right!! I never would have made it through p2 without shakes on weekends. I work 2 jobs, one job is a 10+ hour bartending shift without a break on f/s's a shake and an apple or some cuke slices was what I had to do for dinner and to keep me going all night. (sundays suck too, I'm at work at 9am after working til 3:30am sat. I'm just too tired to eat, and the real protein makes me feel ill.. so a shake really helps with my lifestyle)

I lost 30lbs my first round. Not bad.. I start again in jan w/ r2
    www.fireglassbeads.com custom made glass beads and classes on glass bead making.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]
    Started R1 Aug 2012
    Starting weight: 228.8 (no specific goal to loose, JUST LOOSE)
    LIW: 202.8
    Weight 12/13/12= 187
    R2 Jan 2013

R/P/M
    P4
    You can have fat, carbs and protein on the hcg diet. But the issue isn't the fat, carbs or protein. The issue is that Dr. Simeons tested a lot of different foods and only a very few of them worked well with this diet. Because he writes about these foods by name, we know, for example, that oranges worked, but tangerines did not. We know that white fish worked, but tuna did not.

So the problem with the shake is the ingredients in it. As the doctor said he tested a lot of foods, it is unlikely that the foods in your shake work unless the shake is made up of chicken breast, spinach, grissini and strawberries.

R/P/M
    R4/P4/ hCG Patches
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmrr View Post
    .... it is unlikely that the foods in your shake work unless the shake is made up of chicken breast, spinach, grissini and strawberries.
    That sounds like an appetizing shake! YUCK!
    I have lost over 80lbs with HCG Patches. Have you tried them yet? Click Here to get yours!