Popular Pages

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something is really wrong with me

R/P/M
    R5/P4 Holdin steady!!
    samsara-- if you do not have a meter to check your blood sugar..go to your nearest fire station, they will check it for you, no charge and no problems....

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    That's way too high of a dose for Fertgyn! Skip your shot tomorrow then drop it to 150. And cut back on your water. It sounds like you're drinking too much. When you drink too much, you are thirsty ALL the time because it's stripping out too much fluid from your tissues. Cut it back to no more than 70-100 oz.
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

Quote Originally Posted by mgsondance View Post
    i don't like the idea that you're terribly thirsty all the time. when was the last time anyone checked your blood glucose level? do you know any diabetics who would have a meter who could check yours in the morning? excessive thirst can be a sign of diabetes, and hypoglycemia can be a precursor to that.
    Every time in my life my blood glucose has ever been tested, it's always always always low. It was the same even when I was super hypothyroid and really really heavy. I'm only about 25 lbs overweight at the moment. At that time, I was 93 lbs overweight. My blood sugar and blood pressure have just always been low. I'm treated now for hypothyroidism (with desiccated thyroid) since 2006, and still, continue to have low blood sugar so easily. I've been gluten-free for more than 2 years, and still continue to have low blood sugar. I just can't seem to get away from it.

They no longer think that hypoglycemia is a precursor to diabetes. They used to think that about 20 years ago, when I was first diagnosed with hypoglycemia, and had me keep testing for it, but they've now found that it's a condition all of its own, and doesn't lead to diabetes. At least, that's what doctors have now told me for years.

I don't know anyone around here, so I had him go to the store and get me a blood glucose monitor. Mine is super low at 23, and that's after eating lunch, and a breadstick about 20 minutes ago. Before the breadstick, it was 19. This is really scary for me because such low blood sugar often triggers seizures for me, as I have a seizure disorder. Do you by any chance know of a way I can be on this diet and still keep my blood sugar more stable?

Quote Originally Posted by mgsondance View Post
    since it's late now, i'd probably just eat an extra 1/2 apple. then tomorrow have 3 servings of protein instead of 2, and see if that helps.
    Last night, I actually wanted to rush into the kitchen and eat chips or drink orange juice, but I didn't have the energy to do anything, and I was freezing. Since I live in SE Fl, it's not cold here, so that was ridiculous. All I could do was sleep, with two extra comforters on me.

This morning, I got my period, and I feel marginally better, but still very lightheaded and a bit confused, and still very weak. Since my periods only ever last 2 days, I'll try to stick this out today and tomorrow.

When you say have 3 servings of protein, do you mean, I should divide my 2 portions into 3, or have an extra 100 grams of protein?

Thanks very much for all your help by the way. I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful or like I have no manners. I'm usually much better at expressing myself, but I don't seem to be typing or expressing myself very well at the moment with all this confusion. And I really hope I'm not coming across as completely rude. I'm sure I'll read this back in a few days and be humiliated at myself for not being more polite to you while you're being so kind as to help me so much. Please forgive me. I am really not feeling very well, and while that's not an excuse for poor manners, I hope it's some kind of explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Do you know if you have candida? My roommate had a similar expereince on day 12 of her round and it was a candida die off. the toxin in her body were messing her up big time. Two bottles of Mag Cit one day after the other was what ti took to clean her out and return her to normal.
    I don't know for certain at the moment, but I was tested a few years ago, and I was negative. I've been gluten-free for more than 2 years, and from everything I've read, it's very unlikely to find candida in a gluten-free person, but I guess it's always possible. It seems most of the problems I'm having are related to my blood sugar being so low.

Quote Originally Posted by rchicks2004 View Post
    what brand is your HCG? I used corion and only did about 135iu subQ injections....some people don't need a super high dose

hope you feel better
    Thanks so much Laura. It's Fertigyn. I'm very confused then, with the dosages. Other people say you have to do 200 iu, or you feel worse, and I did feel a lot of hunger on a lower dose the first week, hence the move to the higher dose. Then, the hunger went away, until yesterday, when I believe my blood sugar just tanked.

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    Samsara - I too had wondered about dose. As Colleen said, 200 is very high. If you'd taken today's dose you should skip tomorrows. Spread out your food like you have been. Perhaps add an extra portion (100 grams raw) of protein for a day or so.

Your high dose can be the cause of your hunger issues. You should find on the day you skip and the morning after that you are not as hungry.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl1990 View Post
    samsara-- if you do not have a meter to check your blood sugar..go to your nearest fire station, they will check it for you, no charge and no problems....
    Thanks, I only wish I could get to my nearest fire station, but I have no transportation, unfortunately. I don't drive (due to a seizure disorder) and there is NO public transportation around here, and cabs take up to 4 hours to get here, if they even do. I did get a meter though, my soon to be ex-husband (who is unwilling to drive me anywhere) got me one, and my blood sugar is very very low. Thanks for the suggestion, though. It's good to know they'll do that, and I might need that when I eventually move.

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    don't worry about that at all! Your blood sugar is LOW. it's probably a good idea for you to have a meter anyway. what does it normally run, not on hcg? i think i'd discuss all of this with your doc. you might be able to do a modified program and just lose at a slower rate- eating more like 800 calories a day. it also sounds like you need a doc who specializes in nutrition to do some further testing- you might benefit from some supplements. i can't imagine it's good for your system for your b.s. to ever be that low.

Dr. S. actually tells people to eat some sugar if they think their blood sugar is low, so the OJ is a good idea. if you need sugar i'd have some natural fruit juice with no added sugar- but never something like chips or candy. if bread helps, then eat something like ezekial bread or a whole grain bread without any additives. i think the main thing while you're on the hcg is that you don't want to eat anything with fat- and fat wouldn't help your b.s., anyway.

re: my comment about protein- i mean adding an additional serving of 3.5 oz, so you are eating 3 proteins per day instead of 2.

does your doc know you're doing this? i'd discuss it with him- you definitely don't want to have the diet cause your sugar to fall too low. if he's not familiar with the protocol, i'd make a copy for him and take it in with you. hope you feel better!!
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    That's way too high of a dose for Fertgyn! Skip your shot tomorrow then drop it to 150. And cut back on your water. It sounds like you're drinking too much. When you drink too much, you are thirsty ALL the time because it's stripping out too much fluid from your tissues. Cut it back to no more than 70-100 oz.
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful for your help, but I'm really confused in my thinking right now due to my low low blood sugar, so I'm sorry if I come across wrong, I don't mean it. I'm just really confused about the dose thing. I started at 150 and was ravenously hungry, so I was told to raise to 200 and the hunger would go away. It did, completely, go away, until yesterday, when I think my blood sugar tanked. Then, I became very very hungry, as I usually do when my blood sugar is seriously low.

Hunger is really confusing for me because I don't usually eat very much at all, and never feel hungry, even if I don't eat for a day or two. Before this diet, I would have to force myself to eat, actually.

I'm also confused about the water. Everyone told me I had to drink 2 liters of water a day. That's about what 67 oz, I think, so I've actually been drinking about as much, or even a little less, than you're suggesting. How can that be too much, then? But yes, I'm thirsty all the time, and again, I'm always thirsty when my blood sugar is really low.

I'm really sorry if I'm not correctly processing something you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth_M View Post
    Samsara - I too had wondered about dose. As Colleen said, 200 is very high. If you'd taken today's dose you should skip tomorrows. Spread out your food like you have been. Perhaps add an extra portion (100 grams raw) of protein for a day or so.

Your high dose can be the cause of your hunger issues. You should find on the day you skip and the morning after that you are not as hungry.
    Again, I'm confused because I was hungry on a lower dose, and that's why I went to the higher dose, and the hunger went away until my blood sugar tanked yesterday. So, the higher dose didn't cause hunger, but low blood sugar always makes me hungry. I will try the extra portion of protein as you and the moderator have suggested though, thanks for trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast