Popular Pages

Thread: Squid - calamari - other seafood

R/P/M
    R1, P2 - HCG tablets from a doctor, not sure what they are!!

Squid - calamari - other seafood

Hi

I'm on my first round of HCG, Phase 2, day 12 (lost 9lb, want to lose another 10lb). Really happy with the diet so far.

I am a vegetarian who does now eats fish and seafood, so a pescetarian! I have been having shrimp/prawns for lunch and then white fish for dinner, its absolutely fine, but I am getting a bit bored of the combination!!

I've just bought some fresh cleaned squid, 100g, and cooked it in my lemon juice quota.

Is this ok to eat on P2?

I don't like eggs and as I live in Spain don't even have a cottage cheese option (the lowest I can find is 2.2% fat) or other vege foods, so would welcome comments re if calamari/squid is ok and what other seafood options are ok to eat.

THANKS in advance

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    No it's not on the protocol. One thing to remember is that this a hormonal diet. Certain foods are chosen for their hormonal response not for the caloric intake. For example in Pounds and Inches the doctor tells us a pear has the same calories as an apple but a pear is not allowed. Robin Woodall believes the hormone that's being triggered is leptin.

R/P/M
    So, I really can only have prawns or white fish, does it not make a difference what white fish type you have - cod, monkfish, etc - is all white fish just the same?

I've been true to the protocol apart from the squid today so it will be interesting for the scales tomorrow!

Would love to hear from any other Pescatarians on what they eat?

Thanks

S x

R/P/M
    All white fish is fine. And once you get off the diet, ANY fish, shellfish or seafood is fine. Do you like crab and lobster? That's on protocol too.

R/P/M
    No, not liking Lobster (mainly due to the price LOL!!) or crab, so its white fish only for me. Its ok though.

Loving the HCG diet, really impressive.

I absolutely love veg and fruit and this is the only things I'm missing - I big plate of mixed veg and a big bag of apples, its nearly killing me with the two apples a day, but other than that its amazing, small price to pay for a few weeks though, so its all good!

Thanks for your replies.

S x

R/P/M
    There is a vegetarian subforum where you might find others who eat the way you do. you're doing great!

R/P/M
    Well I'm glad to report an excellent weigh in this morning so it didn't have an adverse effect. I'm going to try it again during the week as its a really nice alternative to the prawn lunch!! 0.8 kg this morning, which is only the second time I've had that loss. I was worried at bed time but happy this morning. Total now 5.1 kg which I'm very happy with. 100% protocol today to make sure!! Will keep updated if/when I try it again and the following day result.

I have visited the vege forum but the only problem for me is that we don't have access to any processed vegetarian foods, quorn etc and most of the products are recommended by US dieters and the products and the stores don't exist here!! Will have another read today.

I am actually really liking the very natural fish and veg diet to be honest, its pure and its simple and its effective. I'm going to continue it when Phase 2 is over by just increasing the choices of my veg (I'm very much missing carrots!) and fish options, its a very good healthy diet to go forward with!

S x

Newbie fo sho!
    R/P/M
    R1 hhcg pellets from intermountian hcg
    You can have scallops... So squid might be ok. Also white tuna, I read some people have SUCESS with (sashimi style, as well as canned tuna in water)
    Lobster and crab might not be too bad price wise of its only a small portion a day. I'm guessing a small lobster would be 2 meals. Many times I can find it for about $5 a lb so at 1.25lb a day would be under 6-7 (us) dollars. Scallops too, although pricy by pound (around $13), a few ounces is not that bad. It could be just the thing you need to break up your diet every few days. Lobster 2x a week, and scallops 2x a week, that's not bad at all

If you live near the shore go directly to the docks and bring cash for the fisherman. They are more than happy to sell to you most times bring your own containers just incase !

R/P/M
    P4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaclyn007 View Post
    You can have scallops... So squid might be ok. Also white tuna, I read some people have SUCESS with (sashimi style, as well as canned tuna in water)
    You cannot have scallops or tuna. If you choose to eat them, that is off protocol and you are taking the risk that you might not stabilize in P3.

R/P/M
    jmmr is right. Those items are not allowed and may mess up your stabilization even if the weight comes off okay.