Popular Pages

Thread: Can I start HCG on my period? Sorry to be blunt!!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/SubL RX
    Blog Entries

Can I start HCG on my period? Sorry to be blunt!!

So from the information I've gathered - there are no longer issues using HCG while on your period. Just wondering if there is anything wrong with starting the whole process - loading, then phase 2 while on it?

Thanks in advance!!

I am about 10 days into P2 of my 2nd round, and I actually started (loading) on the exact day I got my period. I couldn't really find much info that it was a bad idea, and I really just didn't want to wait to start the round. I didn't really have any issues, and I got to eat a ton of food in my first two days that I usually crave during TOM. I felt like the first 2 days of TOM were also more intense, but then the last 2-3 days were very light. I don't think it did any harm with me, but if you do it listen to your body!

R/P/M
    P4
    I say no, don't start during or just before your period. So far, Dr. Simeons hasn't steered me wrong and deviating from his advice has not been successful for me. Here's what he writes:

In menstruating women, the best time to start treatment is immediately after a period. Treatment may also be started later, but it is advisable to have at least ten days in hand before the onset of the next period. Similarly, the end of a course of HCG should never be made to coincide with menstruation.

R/P/M
    RX Drops 2013 & Injections 2014
    Blog Entries
    It may make you bleed more, or less, or have a longer or shorter one. I always wait a few days after mine.

R/P/M
    R1 P1 / Drops
    Hi SkinnyT,
    I got my HCG drops today and want to start right away but got my period today as well. Did you start your load during your period or did you wait until after your cycle ended? I'm seeing so many different suggestions I'd like to know what you did & your results. I'd appreciate if you'd share your progress as well.

Thanks!!

What if you're on BCP? What you get isn't a true period. Yes, I am buying the books to learn everything before I start.

R/P/M
    Starting a round 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeDiva View Post
    What if you're on BCP? What you get isn't a true period. Yes, I am buying the books to learn everything before I start.
    CoffeeDiva, what did you decide/determine?
    =========================
    One day at a time equals a lifetime.
    =========================
    R2/P2/VLCD9/23
    Start Weight: 176.8
    End Weight: ?

R/P/M
    FrequencyApps patches
    You should read Pounds and Inches if you haven't. Dr. Simeon's talks about when to start hcg in relation to your period. I think whatever form of hcg anyone does you can never go wrong following his protocol and suggestions. I believe the most optimal time to start is right after your period.
    R1 = 32 lbs. Injections
    R2 = 17 lbs. hhcg drops
    R3 = 21 lbs frequency patches
    R4 = 11 lbs frequency patches

R4 - Day 14

Read Pound and Inches Here