Popular Pages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trying to do this without hubby knowing...

R/P/M
    P4
    The protocol lists "saccharine and other sweeteners" as being allowed. I don't think aspartame existed in Dr. Simeons' day so it falls under the category of other sweeteners. It also meets these requirements: "In many countries specially prepared unsweetened and low Calorie foods are freely available, and some of these can be tentatively used." And unless you're growing your own stevia, most of the stuff you buy is processed artificial stuff. If it is white, it isn't real stevia.

When he serves the food, is it possible to tell him you just don't want any potatoes or carbs, or better still, you can serve the food yourself. Also nothing wrong with making better choices, drink the water. Or to solve the issue, you can just be HONESt and tell him regardless of the criticism he may give. whats the worst that could happen? He may discourage you, but if you are already sure that this is what you want then you might just have to ignore. When he sees your dedication perhaps he will support you.
    R1 Start wgt/ load: 205.0/208.8
    R1 LIW: 169.0/168.8 Stabilized 167.4
    R2 Load 1: 168.4/172.6
    R2 LIW 157.4 Stabilized (156.8-159.0)
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6
    R3 wk 3: almost done: Normal BMI!!!
    R3 LIW: 152.2 weight Today: 152.8 P3 day 3
    ******** 1.6 pounds left to GOAL*************

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    When he serves the food, is it possible to tell him you just don't want any potatoes or carbs, or better still, you can serve the food yourself. Also nothing wrong with making better choices, drink the water. Or to solve the issue, you can just be HONESt and tell him regardless of the criticism he may give. whats the worst that could happen? He may discourage you, but if you are already sure that this is what you want then you might just have to ignore. When he sees your dedication perhaps he will support you.
    Which is, IMO, the ONLY answer. But if you want to sow the seeds of dishonesty in your own marriage, that's also your CHOICE.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

R/P/M
    R2,P2, RX
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Which is, IMO, the ONLY answer. But if you want to sow the seeds of dishonesty in your own marriage, that's also your CHOICE.
    100% agreed. That made me sad to read that you were going to so something secretive in your own home. I need the support of my hubby throughout his.

This diet is mentally challenging and your partner in life should stand beside you.

R/P/M
    r3/p3
    IMHO, you should do what is best for YOU in your situation. If you don't want to tell hubby, then don't. Just go with saying it is a low carb, low calorie diet.
    Monica

R1 - 27 lbs lost (LDW 150)
    R2 - 14.6 lbs lost (LDW 135.4)
    R3- 15.9 lbs lost (LIW 134)

R/P/M
    3/2/sub rx Zykog
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I think you are being quite harsh. She didn't ask for you to JUDGE her as I am sure none of our homes is perfection. Every marriage has its own unique dynamics that work for one and perhaps not the other.

My husband (of 13 years) isn't aware that I am using HCG for the reasons I described above. I am not sowing the seeds of dishonesty. To each his or her own.
    ~Mary
    5'6/ 38 yrs old
    R1: 154.6- 125 Maintained for 6 months easily.
    R2: 134.6-118.6 Took it too far.
    Gained back 25# from getting too low.
    R3: 143.6-123.6
    R3P3D8: 127.2 (3.6 over LDW)

My Before and After Pics: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...-before-after/
    Follow my HCG journey on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/twinma0454?feature=mhum

R/P/M
    r4 p4
    I agree, it is your choice. Each marriage is unique, and this forum is all about support. We may all have our own opinions and such, but we will help each other on this hcg road!

The reason I haven't told him about the HCG is that I am almost certain that he would throw away the drops if he knew I was using them. I have tried diet pills and other things in the past... most didn't work, and if they did, it was short lived. He worries that I am "obsessed" with my weight, and therefore will try anything without researching... which, given my past history, is a valid observation.

The reason I decided to try HCG is that ONLY time that I have lost significant weight AND kept it off was after my 2nd pregnancy. I started that pregnancy at 148lbs (at least 20lbs above my "ideal"), gained almost 60lbs (WAY more than I should have), and was down to 135 by the time my son was 1yr old. For the next 22 months, my weight stayed between 129 and 136, WITHOUT much effort on my part. I truly believe that my pregnancy "reset" my metabolism. When I read that HCG is supposed to do that, everything "clicked" and suddenly made sense!

Thanks to those who support my decision to go this alone!

To those who think I'm being dishonest... well, I don't see it that way. Hubby and I have been together for over 15yrs and share ALMOST everything... But, even in a perfect marriage, there are some things that remain private. For me, one of those things is my diet. I will most likely tell him how I did it AFTER I've lost the weight. Until then, he thinks I am eating a low-carb, reduced calorie diet.

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sassysteph View Post
    The reason I haven't told him about the HCG is that I am almost certain that he would throw away the drops if he knew I was using them.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

Newbie here. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on. My husband's cousin did this and lost 35 lbs. I so want to do this. My husband is very supportive and is of the same mind as yours as "calories in, calories out" and exercise will take care of everything. I will be starting my drops soon , but will not tell my husband about them. He does not understand about taking anything "medication". He will be supportive of the diet, and he will wonder why I am eating so much less. The evening meal and the weekend meals will be the hardest, he will be around then. I to do not feel I am being dishonest with him. If he asks me then I will tell him. Good luck to you and lets keep in touch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast