Popular Pages

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vitamin D?

Vitamin D?

Hello!
    I'm P2VLCD11. I've lost almost 7 lbs ! Yesterday my left hand started to tingly. I've been searching to what this means and saw it could be a Vitamin D deficiency. Can anyone tell me if this is okay to take on P2? If not, I have about 15 more days left, is it okay to wait and then start Vitamin D, will I do harm to my body?

I also saw it could be a Vitamin B deficiency. I just stared taking a B complex with 12 in it, but was wondering if biotin was okay to take as well.

Thanks for all your help...this forum is great. I love all the support and respect people give each other.

Ratibor/Seaton/Zabcikville, (Temple), Texas
    Yes, you definitely can take all of these while on hCG, just check label for added sugars. I get the same thing in my left arm/hand when I do not have enough Vit D...
    Good luck!
    Diane

Started February 4, 2010 - Hit 100lbs lost November 6, 2010
    R1-40 hhcg w/load -41lbs; R2-40 hhcg switched to rx sublingual 333iu w/load -32.4lbs
    R3-32 rx subl 500iu w/load -21.4lbs; R4-48 rx subl 500iu w/load -33.2lbs
    Tested hhcg pellets-1 week-lost 8lbs; R5-33 rx subl 500iu w/load -20lbs

That's good to hear. I was starting to get a little freaked out. My rational side is saying it's not related to the hcg and that being on this diet will not cause some unknown disease. I'm not one to take vitamins because I believe we get everything in the food we eat, but now I'm feeling my body was on the edge of deficiency. Do you take Vitamin D while in P2? I'm paranoid that I won't get the most weight lose so that's why I check about everything. It's a fine balance because I don't want to do any harm to my body to wanting to lose the most weight possible.

I looked at your blog and congrats!!! You look absolutely amazing and a huge inspiration! Can I ask you if you lost any hair? I read about some people losing hair and am paranoid about that so that is why I started on B12 and will take the biotin. It's interesting that since starting this program, I feel so many fears related to my body. Did you go through that as well?

Thanks Diane!

Jane

I did experience hair loss at the end of R3 and started taking Biotin too. So far this round no issues as I pretty much eat a bit higher protein so I don't have the problem again but I still take Biotin. I do take Vitamin D daily, or when I remember, as I have osteoarthritis in my neck and this helps my shoulder, arm and fingers and I take B12 daily. I don't always take a multi-vitamin unless I am feeling the need and so far this round I haven't needed to.

Thank you it has been an amazing year and transformation and I too can hardly believe it!

You will do great and you will be fine to take any supplements you feel the need to do.
    Diane

R1-40 hhcg w/load -41lbs; R2-40 hhcg switched to rx sublingual 333iu w/load -32.4lbs

I assume the hair loss was temporary?

This is an amazing journey. In some ways this program is really easy, but in other ways it's hard. It's so nice to have the support of this forum!!

thank you

R/P/M
    R2/P2/WAS subL "Celeste", then HHCG, now Celeste (no diff in results)
    The best form of vit. D is sitting in the sun...with some bare skin contact for 10-15 min a day...even if it's face and arms, even if you just get 5 min a day...it will help.

I wondered the same thing and stopped taking my vit. D during R1 wondering if it might have slowed down my results. I don't have an answer, there are so many variables and nothing was conclusive. but now that's it's quite gray here, I think I'll take it this round...maybe on days when there isn't any sun at all.

I went to the store yesterday and all the Vit D had glycerin in it. I remember reading somewhere that glycerin is a sugar? Does anyone have any recommendations? I'll definitely get into the sun today, but would like to take some extra. I upped my Vit B yesterday and electrolytes and that seemed to help. Now it's more in my right hand

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastGirl View Post
    I went to the store yesterday and all the Vit D had glycerin in it. I remember reading somewhere that glycerin is a sugar? Does anyone have any recommendations? I'll definitely get into the sun today, but would like to take some extra. I upped my Vit B yesterday and electrolytes and that seemed to help. Now it's more in my right hand
    Although it has about the same food energy as table sugar, it does not raise blood sugar levels and the amount they use to help bind the pills should not really have any affect on you. I take them without issues that I know of...
    Diane

R/P/M
    R4, P3, Paleo/Primal eating with Leptin reset timing for life
    Blog Entries
    Diane, does your vitamin D have any oil? Mine is in a capsule of soybean oil and vegetable glycerine, so I haven't intended to use any while on this protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleein View Post
    Diane, does your vitamin D have any oil? Mine is in a capsule of soybean oil and vegetable glycerine, so I haven't intended to use any while on this protocol.
    No, mine are the big horse pills that you can buy at Sam's club, actual compressed pills. They are not really that big but bigger than any other things I have to take! LOL
    Diane

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast