Popular Pages

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something is really wrong with me

Quote Originally Posted by mgsondance View Post
    Your blood sugar is LOW. it's probably a good idea for you to have a meter anyway. what does it normally run, not on hcg?
    I'm usually lucky if it's in the 80s, whenever I've been tested. Years ago, I used to check it with a meter constantly, and it was often lower than that.

i think i'd discuss all of this with your doc. you might be able to do a modified program and just lose at a slower rate- eating more like 800 calories a day. it also sounds like you need a doc who specializes in nutrition to do some further testing- you might benefit from some supplements. i can't imagine it's good for your system for your b.s. to ever be that low.
    Yeah, I wish I could get to a doctor, that would sure be nice. But I have NO transportation here, so unless I can get out of here, which I hope to do in a few months, I'm stuck.

Dr. S. actually tells people to eat some sugar if they think their blood sugar is low, so the OJ is a good idea. if you need sugar i'd have some natural fruit juice with no added sugar- but never something like chips or candy. if bread helps, then eat something like ezekial bread or a whole grain bread without any additives.
    I can't have bread like that, as I'm gluten-free. I have celiac disease, so wheat makes me very very ill. I will try the juice though, thanks. I have some plain apple cider in the fridge with nothing added to it.

re: my comment about protein- i mean adding an additional serving of 3.5 oz, so you are eating 3 proteins per day instead of 2.
    Thanks so much.

does your doc know you're doing this? i'd discuss it with him- you definitely don't want to have the diet cause your sugar to fall too low. if he's not familiar with the protocol, i'd make a copy for him and take it in with you. hope you feel better!!
    No, I don't have one and no way to get to one.

Thanks so much for your help and concern. I really appreciate it.

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    Again, I'm confused because I was hungry on a lower dose, and that's why I went to the higher dose, and the hunger went away until my blood sugar tanked yesterday. So, the higher dose didn't cause hunger, but low blood sugar always makes me hungry. I will try the extra portion of protein as you and the moderator have suggested though, thanks for trying to help me. I really appreciate it.
    Doses often have to be adjusted throughout your Phase2. If you adjusted it upwards in the first few days the hunger was likely the normal hungery in starting this diet.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

Hi Samsara!

I am taking Fertigyn SQ as well. I had my dose at 166 the first few days and had no hunger. Then I suddenly became very hungry so I skipped a day and didn't have any hunger until dinnertime. I lowered my dose to 135 and have increased it to 145. That seems to be the best dosage for me. I think the best way to check your hunger is to skip a day and see how you feel. If you don't feel hungry except at meal time then your dose is too high. I would drop back down to 150 and keep it there for a couple of days then lower or raise depending on your hunger...make small adjustments so you know what works best for you. I think it is natural to have some hunger the first week as it is new and we are getting used to it. Good luck!!
    Wendy
    DO EVERYTHING WITH LOVE, SHOW LOVE IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.
    Round 1--24.4 lbs. lost and 26 inches
    Round 2--20.2 lbs. lost and 15 inches
    Round 3--13 lbs. lost and 4 inches

It's not the hunger that bothers me, it's the extremely low blood sugar. It's tanking again to 18, and that's after having apple cider. It's just not holding at any decent level. I am going to have to eat carbs, and blow this diet if this doesn't stabilize. I'm seeing stars and passed out again today. This just isn't worth it.

R/P/M
    80lbs lost, hhcg, rx, patches
    Blog Entries
    How do you know it's 18 if you don't have a way to take it?

You really do need to skip a day tomorrow.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG, RX, and patches.
    My HCG journey blog.
    My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy or friend me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/beth.mansfield.9
    I am sometimes easier to catch on Facebook

I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, please feel free to private message me!

In lifelong maintenance? Check out SkinnyFiber

R/P/M
    R4 - Clean up....
    Blog Entries
    It's not the hunger that bothers me, it's the extremely low blood sugar. It's tanking again to 18, and that's after having apple cider. It's just not holding at any decent level. I am going to have to eat carbs, and blow this diet if this doesn't stabilize. I'm seeing stars and passed out again today. This just isn't worth it.
    I'm sorry, but call your doctor. This is not a medical community, we're just people and passing out is not normal.
    ~Meridith~

1/1/10 - 197 pounds
    Lowest 146.2
    R4 - Start 9/10/11

OK, OK, I made an update thread--http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...-thread-29977/

I'm under constant stress every day, as my husband is very emotionally abusive. One of the reasons I was doing this diet is to try to lose some weight, so I could get a job and move away.

No, I have no way to check my blood glucose levels, and I don't drive and can't get out of the house as there's no public transportation here, and my husband won't take me anywhere.
    Where are you that there is no public transportation? Can you call (or email) a cab? It bothers me that you say you are in an abusive situation and cannot get away.
    Think thin thoughts and it will become your experience.

R/P/M
    R4/P2/hcg injections
    If your blood sugar is at 18 call an ambulance you could go into shock. Please eat something with lots of sugar and get help immediately. Losing weight is not worth getting very sick or dying over.
    R1: 14 lb loss 180.2 to 166.2 (30 days) 2010
    R2: 9 lb loss 167-158 (23 days) March 2011
    R3: a bust! Sept. 2012
    R4: 13.8 lbs 171.4-157.6 (29 days) Sept 2014

R/P/M
    R4/P2/hcg injections
    After I replied I was so worried about you I went and goggled low blood sugar. This is what I found. Please get help immediately:

Hypoglycemia Symptoms

Epinephrine is among the major hormones released during hypoglycemia. Epinephrine causes the majority of the early symptoms of hypoglycemia.

Common symptoms of hypoglycemia include the following:

* trembling,

* clammy skin,

* palpitations (pounding or fast heart beats),

* anxiety,

* sweating,

* hunger, and

* irritability.

When the brain remains deprived of glucose, a later set of symptoms follows:

* difficulty in thinking,

* confusion,

* headache,

* seizures, and

* coma.

Ultimately, after significant coma or loss of consciousness, death can occur.

It is important to realize that with chronic or repeated hypoglycemia, the body does not respond as vigorously, so any hypoglycemic individual may display mild symptoms, or even experience no appreciable symptoms. Again, documentation of the blood glucose level is essential to confirm the diagnosis, with further testing to establish the specific cause if not known.
    R1: 14 lb loss 180.2 to 166.2 (30 days) 2010
    R2: 9 lb loss 167-158 (23 days) March 2011
    R3: a bust! Sept. 2012
    R4: 13.8 lbs 171.4-157.6 (29 days) Sept 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Beth_M View Post
    How do you know it's 18 if you don't have a way to take it?

You really do need to skip a day tomorrow.
    If you read anything I've said repeatedly throughout the day yesterday in this very thread, you'd know that I had my husband go out and get me a monitor yesterday, that's how I know. As for skipping a day, since I got my period yesterday, I skipped a day, and skipped today also. I don't know if you mean to sound as harsh as you do, when you post to me, or if you just ask questions but don't ever read the responses, but it seems as if you don't read any of my responses to you, and just try to be as harsh and critical-sounding as possible. Perhaps it's just because it's the written word, but I'm honestly trying to figure out what's going on here and really don't think I deserve your harshness.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast