Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antidepressants while on HCG ? Anyone out there ?

Antidepressants while on HCG ? Anyone out there ?

HI. I am just at the end of my second day of loading in R1P1. I have been taking 10 mg Lexapro for a while now. I'm lucky that this low done has provided the effects I need.
    Is there anyone reading thisd who has knowledge or experience with takign an antidepressant while on HCG protocol ? Thanks !

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    many people do- they're fine.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    Life maintenance R5/hhcg
    I have taken Xanax for quite a while. Interestingly, since this is a short acting med and I only take it when I actually feel anxiety or depression.....I don't need it on the hcg. Something about the hcg and the way it works in my body...makes my body work more efficiently therefore the attacks are fewer. In no way am I advocating getting off lexapro...but my point is...you'll do just fine and perhaps...emotionally....feel better than you had in quite a while.
    Jeremiah 29:11 Blessings, Lisa

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Daily injections
    I take prozac 20 mg/day. I am on VLCD day 3 and have lost 4.2 lbs so far. My doctor said the antidepressant will not have a negative affect on the hcg. Good luck everyone!!
    -Danielle

I was wondering how it went for you while taking Lexapro. I am also on 10 mg and want to start this diet. Did you have any side effects?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pat lewis View Post
    HI. I am just at the end of my second day of loading in R1P1. I have been taking 10 mg Lexapro for a while now. I'm lucky that this low done has provided the effects I need.
    Is there anyone reading thisd who has knowledge or experience with takign an antidepressant while on HCG protocol ? Thanks !

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    we've had several people on this who have done fine.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    I am on lexapro, and have maintained well in p4 while on it. I am starting p2 again right now, and don't anticipate any problems. As stated above, antidepressants really have no effect on the results on this protocol. Good luck, and hang in there

R/P/M
    R2/P3
    Hi. I'm "chemically depressed" and suffer from panic attacks. Its in my genetic make-up...my grandmother was manic. Skipped all three of her children, then 3 out of 6 of her grandchildren are now medicated for depression/anxiety of some sort. I'm on 40mg daily of prozac, ambien to sleep (I'm a rotating shift worker) and klonopin when needed for anxiety and/or panic (or to help me sleep...works well with ambien). I did not have a lot to lose...but have had great success thus far with what I have lost and keeping it off (minus the Christmas cheats). I feel great on the Hcg...no problems whatsoever taking it with my meds. Best of luck to you!!
    Leslie
    5'7" Age 38 Full-time Working Mom (and wife of 10 years!) with 8 and 4 yr old boys
    ------------------------------------------------------------

R1/short round injections ~ LIW = 154.2lb - stabilized at 153.8 lb
    R2/short round injections ~ LIW = 147.6lb - R2/P3/D11 145.6 lb

I am medicated for clinical depression and panic disorder. I take medication for those and have been taking HCG for over two weeks with no issue.
    Starting Weight: 165

P2: -19 Pounds in 3 weeks!!

P3W1: 146 lbs
    P3W2: 145 lbs
    P3W3: 145 lbs

I work in a urgent psychiatric center...antidepressents shouldnt effect the HCG diet at all.