Popular Pages

Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Binge Eating and the hCG diet

R/P/M
    R1/P3
    Blog Entries

Binge Eating and the hCG diet

Hello everyone I have decided to share my story with you all in hopes of finding some support as well as finding people who can relate to what I am going through. Throughout my journey so far on this diet, I have gone through obstacles that I thought would go away forever before starting. I suffer from binge eating disorder and have had this for about 2 years now. It has completely ruled my life. I have lost many friends and my relationship with my loved ones has suffered along the way. What started as eating a whole bag of chips has turned into uncontrollable eating. I stuff my face with whatever I can get my hands on when I am feeling emotions such as sadness, worry, or anger. Now, when I think about it, even when I do not feel these emotions, I tend to binge just because my body is so used to all the sugar and carbs.

This problem for me is primarily due to being thousands of miles away from my fiance due to school and it won't be awhile til we can be together in one place for good. I know eating is not the answer. In fact, it makes the situation worse. I refuse to show my face after a binge episode for days and tend to skip school a lot. I do not feel as healthy as I used to and surely not as happy.

So, I wanted to change which is why I took up this challenge to complete the hCG diet. I thought it would be my answer to "fixing" this problem I have. Ha, was I wrong. Stupid me. The urges to binge were still as strong as ever. Don't get me wrong, the first 10 days I did GREAT and lost 11 pounds. I was so happy. Then all hell broke lose. Last weekend I got upset over a minor issue and binged like no tomorrow for two days straight. I gained ALL 11 pounds back. Can you believe it!? Talk about a disappointment. But, I decided to keep going. So here I am. I am acting ask if this is day 3 instead of day whatever its supposed to be (Day 17?) and I am shooting for day 30 at least. Its more of a mental thing for me to think of this as day 3. I do not want to remember that I lost the battle in the end after 14 days. I really want to succeed. I know the urges will be there because I am still experiencing them but I have to learn again how to eat properly and take my emotions somewhere else rather than to food. I have received such great help from others and was told that a Leptin Reset may actually help me solve those urges during P3. Obviously, my body's chemistry is completely out of wack and it will take time to recover from 2 years worth of bashing it. I really cannot believe what I have allowed myself to become and I know it is time for a change. I am doing this for ME first of all and also for my loved ones, especially my fiance who has been so supportive of me.

I am also looking for some support from you to keep me going. Thank you so much in advance!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/RX
    Wow, thank you for sharing something so personal. I know many of us probably have dealt with binge eating, maybe different degrees of it but dealing with it. I personally have and found it very important to get control over what is going into my mouth as well. Through this journey I have learned that I am the BOSS of my body and my health. No one else is going to care for it, so I better start. I have had a real relationship with food and now I decided I need to have a "REAL" relationship with my body and health. I think you have so much courage to admit what happened and get back up and keep going. You're inspirational!! You can do this, or you are going to feel a slave to food forever. There is no better time to start!! I am here for your support. You got this!
    Free Weight Loss Tickers at Weight Loss Center

Thanks for this thread. I most definitely suffer from binge eating disorder. I've had serious issues with it in the past but thankfully the last year or so has been a year of serious change for me. I began to realize what I was doing to myself and why, and that was when I started to change things around. I still have to work on this every day, and I am by no means perfect. I had to realize that I ultimately use my weight to keep people away from myself, to keep a barrier up around myself. So no matter how much I thought I wanted to lose the weight, my subconscious was keeping me from taking the correct actions to fix the problem. I was in a serious cycle of deprivation and bingeing for years. It wasn't until I got my head right about things that I was even able to attempt this diet. And even then, I ended up bingeing 9 or the 56 days that I was on my first round. I'd start each day the same, with the aim to be perfectly on protocol, but each of those nights I would just go a little bit nuts and before I knew it I was stuffing everything in sight into my mouth. The last 3 or so times I did it, I caught myself, mid-binge, realizing what I was doing. It was like I started being able to catch the binge I ultimately lost 42lbs on the round, but what I learned about my binges was even more valuable to me. Now I know how to approach the rest of my rounds, and better yet, the rest of my life. I'm never going to be perfect and I don't think it will ever totally stop; but I think that I can learn enough about it and myself to manage it effectively. :-)

Best to you, darlin! Just hop back on that horse and finish the round. Don't let one (or a few) bad days derail you.

R/P/M
    R1/P2/RX
    Quote Originally Posted by swtbttrfly23 View Post
    Thanks for this thread. I most definitely suffer from binge eating disorder. I've had serious issues with it in the past but thankfully the last year or so has been a year of serious change for me. I began to realize what I was doing to myself and why, and that was when I started to change things around. I still have to work on this every day, and I am by no means perfect. I had to realize that I ultimately use my weight to keep people away from myself, to keep a barrier up around myself. So no matter how much I thought I wanted to lose the weight, my subconscious was keeping me from taking the correct actions to fix the problem. I was in a serious cycle of deprivation and bingeing for years. It wasn't until I got my head right about things that I was even able to attempt this diet. And even then, I ended up bingeing 9 or the 56 days that I was on my first round. I'd start each day the same, with the aim to be perfectly on protocol, but each of those nights I would just go a little bit nuts and before I knew it I was stuffing everything in sight into my mouth. The last 3 or so times I did it, I caught myself, mid-binge, realizing what I was doing. It was like I started being able to catch the binge I ultimately lost 42lbs on the round, but what I learned about my binges was even more valuable to me. Now I know how to approach the rest of my rounds, and better yet, the rest of my life. I'm never going to be perfect and I don't think it will ever totally stop; but I think that I can learn enough about it and myself to manage it effectively. :-)

Best to you, darlin! Just hop back on that horse and finish the round. Don't let one (or a few) bad days derail you.
    42.2 lbs wow Fantastic job!!!!
    Free Weight Loss Tickers at Weight Loss Center

Thank you so much!! To be fair, it's 42lbs that I've lost before, lol. I'm the one that always loses and then gains it back because I let other issues get the best of me. This time I'm determined not to do that again, because I finally realized my self-sabotaging ways. I still have about 70-80 to go though. Looks like you're well on your way too, 9.2 is awesome!

R/P/M
    R1/P3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melaniea View Post
    Wow, thank you for sharing something so personal. I know many of us probably have dealt with binge eating, maybe different degrees of it but dealing with it. I personally have and found it very important to get control over what is going into my mouth as well. Through this journey I have learned that I am the BOSS of my body and my health. No one else is going to care for it, so I better start. I have had a real relationship with food and now I decided I need to have a "REAL" relationship with my body and health. I think you have so much courage to admit what happened and get back up and keep going. You're inspirational!! You can do this, or you are going to feel a slave to food forever. There is no better time to start!! I am here for your support. You got this!
    I know I have to get my eating under control while I am still young. I do not want to live like this for the rest of my life and I know if I do not do anything about this NOW, the problem will get worse and worse. That is what has happened over the last two years and this time I have said enough is enough! I am so happy you have had success and decided to take the huge step of entirely changing your life. I see you have lost 9.2 pounds! Way to go! I know that must feel amazing and in no time you will be at your goal! Thank you so much for your support!

R/P/M
    R1/P3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swtbttrfly23 View Post

Thank you for sharing your story with me. I feel so comforted to know that I am not alone trying to deal with this vicious cycle. I really want to change and it has come to the point in my life where I NEED to, not only for me, but for my loved ones. My gosh, your losses are really amazing and I feel so relieved that you were able to achieve this even with the 9 or so binges. I binged 3 times (but pretty terribly as I mentioned before and gained all the weight back) but it is reassuring that not all hope is lost. Can you give me some tips or advice that you may find helpful to continue on this journey of not only losing weight but becoming healthier and having a better relationship with food? What has worked for both of you guys? To me, you both are a real inspiration to me and now I know for a fact that to overcome this is not impossible. I am trying to go for 55 days or so and really need some advice on how to make it! Thanks to both of you for everything.

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Hi! I know it sounds simplistic, but one day at a time, my friend. You need to figure out your triggers, and then work on avoiding them if possible. For me, it's stress and at the opposite end of the emotional scale....boredom. I do best in the in between section of life . I've learned that it's actually healthier from a whole body standpoint to live my life mostly in the middle of the emotional spectrum most of the time. The paleo lifestyle taught me that.

Additionally, maybe talk to your doctor about a short course of antidepressants. I know they aren't the answer to the issue, but they can help jump start your recovery. Just a thought....and it's a decision for you and your doctor to make together. Hang in there everyone. I'm glad you started this thread. . (((hugs))) to each of you.
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

R/P/M
    R1/P3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvKats View Post
    Hi! I know it sounds simplistic, but one day at a time, my friend. You need to figure out your triggers, and then work on avoiding them if possible. For me, it's stress and at the opposite end of the emotional scale....boredom. I do best in the in between section of life . I've learned that it's actually healthier from a whole body standpoint to live my life mostly in the middle of the emotional spectrum most of the time. The paleo lifestyle taught me that.

Additionally, maybe talk to your doctor about a short course of antidepressants. I know they aren't the answer to the issue, but they can help jump start your recovery. Just a thought....and it's a decision for you and your doctor to make together. Hang in there everyone. I'm glad you started this thread. . (((hugs))) to each of you.
    Hello! Thank you so much for all your support throughout this, what has been, a difficult process for me. You are right, I have to take it one step at a time. If I think about the days I have left, I go crazy and you can guess what that leads to. My triggers are definitely stress and boredom as well. I mean its so crazy what little things set me off. You know, on the weekdays I do GREAT but when it comes to the weekend, they have always been epic failures which is why it has been so hard to stay on track during these times on P2. Hence, which is why I tend to eat more on the weekends such as an extra fruit or whatever. It always beats an all out binge though. I think my mentality has gotten so messed up over the years to the point where its like "okay it's the weekend so that means BINGE" even when I have nothing that triggered it! So its more of a psychological thing for me to overcome on the weekends. Yesterday (Saturday) I ate like 3 extra oranges (bad, bad, bad) but it stopped me from binging (good ) PLUS I had extra protein so God know how many calories I consumed yesterday! Woke up this morning with the same weight as yesterday so I am totally happy ! I am even happier that I didn't binge for once!

I actually went to see a doctor who gave me a low dosage of an antidepressant and even went to a psychologist. I don't know but for me it doesn't work. I already know what issues I have to face and the whole works, its just dealing with them in a better way is what I have to work on. I am not a big supporter of taking drugs that I feel I don't HAVE to take. I know that eating better at a healthier weight will get me to where I need to be in regards to my happiness. Step by step. I can do this! Thanks for all your help! You are great!
    May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

R/P/M
    R3/P2/drops
    Blog Entries
    Hi! Thank you so much for sharing your story and struggle with this issue..I also suffer from binge eating, and it is comforting to know that I am not alone..I did what ILuvKats recommended, and am now on a short course of antidepressants, as well as going to talk therapy to learn how to identify my triggers before I turn to food, and new coping skills so that I can deal with my moods in a healthy way...I just started on both, but I feel much better knowing that there is an answer, and that I dont have to continue the old patterns of self abuse to find relief for whatever emotion I am feeling..I know I will probably always struggle with it, but I am hopeful that with some new coping "tools", I will be able to resist the urge more often..
    I had a "bad" day a couple of days ago, and paid for it on the scale, but even more with the horrible things I said to myself as a result..so not worth it..Im learning to forgive myself and start again..One tip that my therapist gave me was to start being more aware of how my body and emotions are speaking to me before I get to the point of binging..to try to identify the underlying issue, and deal with that instead of compounding the problem by turning to food...its definitely a work in progress, but now that I am paying closer attention, I do notice that my body gives off signals..
    Another thing that I am working on, is if I do slip, stopping the binge instead of making it an all day, or two , or three day event..I used to have the attitude that if I "blew" it, I might as well finish out the day eating ick, then start again the next day...that just becomes a vicious cycle, so now, I try my best to stop with the initial slip, eat my very next meal on protocol, and move on..
    No matter what, be good to you, forgive any mistakes and start again because you are sooooooo worth it!! If you slip, stop, take a breath, and get back on protocol with your very next meal
    Thanks again for being brave enough to share!
    Brin