Popular Pages

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulimia

R/P/M
    R3P2; HHCG Drops
    Hi Izzy,

How's the book? Have been logging in but haven't seen much activity on this thread.

Now on p3. Miss p2 in a sense because I am so good. Having cravings on p3 which is not good. Anyways, I hope you are doing well.

Beep

Hey all. I just thought I would chime in here as I have been reading a book called "Full-Filled" by Renee Stephens and for the first time in my life feel like I have a decent relationship with food, which is also why I have decided to start the hcg diet this week. I'm hoping it will continue to help me grow the healthy relationship that I've started with the book and the therapeutic activities within it. I never would have dreamed of tackling a diet like this prior to reading the book. I would have been sure of failure before I'd even started, but I'm hopeful this time that I've done the emotional work to be able to commit to a healthier life for myself. Just thought someone else out there might find it as useful as I did. She also has podcasts, but I've only listened to a few of those so far. The pod casts are free though!

R1/P2/W4-sub Rx

R/P/M
    R3P2; HHCG Drops
    Hi Powder,
    Welcome to the group. It's been kind of quiet here but I still visit the forum quite a bit often times, just reading it for motivation. I am in p3 now. It's been a constant love-hate relationship with me with the food but I think it does get better. Thanks for sharing the info on the book. I am going to check the podcast once I get some more free time. Been stressing lately at work but I have been pretty good with not using food to cope.

R/P/M
    P2: 4/2/14 P3: 4/25/14, P4: 5/16/14
    Hi Beep, Powder!
    Coming out of a crazy month dealing with medical/dental issues. Just started reading the book, will let you know how it it....
    LDW: 143
    P3W3: 143.4
    P4W1: 142.0
    P4W2: 142.0
    P4W3: 142.8
    P4W4: 141.6
    P4W5: 142
    P4W6: 144
    P4W7: 142
    P4W8: vacation
    P4W9: 143.2
    P4W10: 144.8
    P4W11: 143.4

P4W20: 143.2

R/P/M
    R3P2; HHCG Drops
    Hi Izzy,

I hope you feel better soon. I am still glancing over my paleo books. One of them I have on kindle. I never really started that. I am mainly eating high proteins and really low carbs (no carbs if I can help it). Enjoying the full fat fage with capella drops. It makes doing the correction day easier but I think I have only done two correction day so far while on p3. I meant to do one today since I am a little over a pound over my LDW.

Keep us posted. I am still here...there's just not much activity on this thread. I still go to the forum when I can. It keeps me motivated and focus.

R/P/M
    R2P2Rx
    Hello? Where have all the bulimics gone? Is this thread dead? Would really love to hear people's experiences doing hcg - did it help you overcome this eating disorder? Stay on track?

I've been struggling with it for 32 years, I can't believe I'm still alive! I'm totally worried that I won't be able to stick with the diet (I start loading tomorrow). Every now and then feel determined to overcome this bad and unhealthy habit but then something stressful happens, I totally cave in. For example, I changed to low-carb eating in summer 2010 (which really helped my sugar cravings and energy levels) and managed to stay 'symptom-free' for over 6 months. But I fell off the wagon again due to all the drama, stress and chaos disrupting my life for most of 2011, it's so frustrating

R/P/M
    RD2, P1, injections
    Sadly it seems like this thread is dead, and I'm speaking into the ether. But it's hard to balance the line of having an eating disorder, and feeling like you need to lose weight. Ooooof. I have such fear.
    RD1:
    1/2/14 LOAD - 274.6
    49.5"/44"/54.5"

1/30/14 LIW - 247.4
    47"/40"/52.5"

RD2:
    3/3/14 LOAD - 252.2
    Forgot to measure!

3/10/14 VLCD 8 - 240.2 [-12]
    Forgot to measure!

3/15/14 VLCD 15 - 233.7 [-6.5]
    47"/38"/50"

3/15/14 VLCD 15 - 230.0 [-3.7]
    Forgot to measure!

Total lbs lost - [-44.6] Total inches lost - [-13"]

R/P/M
    R7/P2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillilizster View Post
    Sadly it seems like this thread is dead, and I'm speaking into the ether. But it's hard to balance the line of having an eating disorder, and feeling like you need to lose weight. Ooooof. I have such fear.
    Yes, our culture suffering from an eating disorder/disordered eating epidemic. There is a fine line between being a food zealot and having an eating disorder....( or is there!?)

Just remember, this is a hormone therapy and lifestyle change.

It is my opinion that you and all others (such as myself) who are eating disordered will benefit from reading Weight Loss Apocalypse. She addresses the emotional, disordered, yet culturally accepted eating behaviors and mentality that made us overweight in the first place!

I hear ya....
    DISCLAIMER: I mostly follow Dr. Simeons protocol however, I may talk about things that are not advised in his book Pounds and Inches. Those things or items have neutral affect on me personally and do not effect my weight loss in an unfavorable way, however. I will attempt to note when something I mention is "off protocol".
    RESOURCES:
    Weight Loss Apocalypse by: Robin Phipps Woodall
    Mindset Magic by Happy Conscious Gal
    Geneen Roth

www.amysepiphanies.org

R/P/M
    RD2, P1, injections
    Quote Originally Posted by alouise26 View Post
    Yes, our culture suffering from an eating disorder/disordered eating epidemic. There is a fine line between being a food zealot and having an eating disorder....( or is there!?)

Just remember, this is a hormone therapy and lifestyle change.

It is my opinion that you and all others (such as myself) who are eating disordered will benefit from reading Weight Loss Apocalypse. She addresses the emotional, disordered, yet culturally accepted eating behaviors and mentality that made us overweight in the first place!

I hear ya....
    Thank you for the book recommendation! I'm desperately wanting to change my lifestyle meaning, no more cycles of binging and no more cycles of exercise bullimia. I'm learning you have to have grace for yourself...

I'm just not sure if HCG will help me change my life, or if it will feed my monster called "Disorder." At least I'm in therapy! We'll see.
    RD1:
    1/2/14 LOAD - 274.6
    49.5"/44"/54.5"

1/30/14 LIW - 247.4
    47"/40"/52.5"

RD2:
    3/3/14 LOAD - 252.2
    Forgot to measure!

3/10/14 VLCD 8 - 240.2 [-12]
    Forgot to measure!

3/15/14 VLCD 15 - 233.7 [-6.5]
    47"/38"/50"

3/15/14 VLCD 15 - 230.0 [-3.7]
    Forgot to measure!

Total lbs lost - [-44.6] Total inches lost - [-13"]

R/P/M
    R4, P4!
    Blog Entries
    Kudos to you for getting into therapy! It does help if you want it to. As far as HCG helping/hurting an eating disorder...I'm not sure that it would do either. An eating disorder isn't about food at all so I'm not sure that restricting your food on HCG would affect anything. If anything, it would just be an excuse to not eat much. Eating disorders are all psychological so if you're wanting something to help with it, you're already doing the right thing. You have to "feed" your mental. You have to determine that it's time for a change and no one and nothing is going to prevent it. Just keep moving on and remember - everyone makes mistakes and relapses at times but the key is getting back up

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast