Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression caused by HCG

Depression caused by HCG

Hey there. I thought I'd put this question out there to see if anyone else is having the same problem as me and can relate to what I'm going through. I have always been a very emotional person, however I have never considered myself as being depressed or having a mental disorder of any sorts. However every time I go into P3, I always feel like I have an extreme case of bipolar disorder or depression. My mood swings so violently from extreme optimism to extreme depression, and it is all completely based around my weight and the way my tummy looks that day. I am 100% obsessed with my weight, and food, and I am worried that I will never be able to go back to the way I used to be when I did not obsess over the scale or eating one more piece of broccoli with dinner. I feel like I am unable to control my eating, and it gets me so depressed! If anyone can offer any words of encouragement, or relate at all to what I'm going through, please share!
    start weight: 157.0

LDW: 142.0
    P3 D6: 146.0 (+6.0 lbs) <--- added foods WAY to quickly. the woes of being on your first round!
    P3 D7: 144.6 (-1.4 lbs) <--- high protein day
    P3 D12: 150.0 (+5.4 lbs) <--- This is what happens when you go a week without weighing yourself!!
    P3 D13: 147.8 (-2.2 lbs) <---Salmon day did well for me! (same as steak day, substituted salmon)
    P3 D14: 146.8 (-1.0 lbs) <---Modified salmon day- ate a bit more than the day before and still lost!

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Hey Jenna, I understand where you are coming from. In p2, everything is spelled out and controlled, and you get regular good feedback on the scale. P3 is sort of uncharted territory, especially if you have a tendancy towards contol issues over your eating habits. I'm not saying that describes you, but you do have some of the insecurities that folks with eating disorders have. There is a bulimia thread for folks with issues concerning food. It might not be right for you, but it wouldn't hurt visiting there to see if folks could help. You will get thru this and do just fine....hang in there, ok?

R/P/M
    3/2/sub rx Zykog
    I was concerned about anxiety and depression in P3 because I have friends that felt almost a postpartum depression after discontinuing HCG. Although it is not near the amount in your system when pregnant, it still may effect similarly you if you are somewhat susceptible. Of course I am basing this on anecdotal evidence and can not be sure that is what is truly happening but it might be something to consider.

I was obsessed and fixated on the scale and did allow (still do) it to affect my mood. I did stabilize after my R1 and maintained for 7 months. I can tell you that it did fade a bit although having to choose meals every day is obviously impossible to avoid but it is nowhere near as bad as it was early in P3. I'm sure you will see the days will seem better once you get to a pattern of stable weigh-ins. Now that I am dealing with falling off the wagon and regaining 25# I can say that I felt horrible about my weight increasing and would eat horribly to make myself feel better. It was a vicious cycle. I would much rather be fixated on eating the right thing and know that with time, things will feel less of an effort. It's the "choose your hard" scenario.
    ~Mary
    5'6/ 38 yrs old
    R1: 154.6- 125 Maintained for 6 months easily.
    R2: 134.6-118.6 Took it too far.
    Gained back 25# from getting too low.
    R3: 143.6-123.6
    R3P3D8: 127.2 (3.6 over LDW)

My Before and After Pics: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...-before-after/
    Follow my HCG journey on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/twinma0454?feature=mhum

R/P/M
    Round 1 Phase 3 Injection
    Blog Entries
    I am really feeling a lot of the same issues. I can't feel normal. I just want to be a normal person who can enjoylife with friends, have the occasional cookie or ice cream with friends. Why does it have to be such a disaster of weight gain when I try this?

I'm in round 2 phase 2 day 9 And I've lost close to 20lbs. I look great. But I'm not happy because I'm so deprived and restricted. I really hate this feeling of feeling like I'll never just enjoy life without being obsessed if I'm going to gain.

Please help.

The HCG hormone greatly affected my mood. Then, I saw a thread that mentioned a Chinese Herbal medicine for mood. I purchased it, started taking it, and it made a HUGE difference. I am not an expert or recommending you do anything here because there can be many factors and I don't know you but, I want you to know about it so you can check into it as it helped me greatly.

http://www.heavenearthchineseherbs.c...ills-p-32.html

Round 1...,,,,,,,,,....Round 2
    Pre-Load 133.0.......Pre-Load 127.4
    VLCD 1 137.4..........VLCD 1 130.0
    VLCD 2 134.6
    VLCD 3 132.2
    VLCD 4 130.4
    VLCD 5 130.0
    VLCD 6 128.4
    VLCD 7 127.2
    VLCD 8 127.8
    VLCD 9 126.6
    VLCD 10 124.0
    VLCD 11 125.4
    VLCD 12 125.2
    VLCD 13 125.8
    VLCD 14 124.4
    VLCD 15 123.6
    VLCD 16 123.6
    VLCD 17 123.8
    VLCD 18 121.4
    VLCD 19 121.6
    VLCD 20 120.8
    VLCD 21 121.4 (LIW)

R/P/M
    HHCG (Wellgenix) R2/P2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthia View Post
    The HCG hormone greatly affected my mood. Then, I saw a thread that mentioned a Chinese Herbal medicine for mood. I purchased it, started taking it, and it made a HUGE difference. I am not an expert or recommending you do anything here because there can be many factors and I don't know you but, I want you to know about it so you can check into it as it helped me greatly.

http://www.heavenearthchineseherbs.c...ills-p-32.html
    What's weird is that I feel like I have been MUCH less irritable and just more easy going in general since taking HCG!!
    July - August 2011
    R1 Load Weight 141.2
    R1 Last Drop Weight 132.0
    May - June 2012
    R2 Load Weight 151.2
    R2 Last Drop Weight 137.6
    June - July 2013
    R3 Skipped Loading

R3VLCD1 141.6
    R3VLCD2 138.4 (-3.2)
    R3VLCD3 137.2 (-1.2)
    R3VLCD4 135.0 (-2.2)
    R3VLCD5 135.2 (+0.2)
    R3VLCD6 134.4 (-0.8)
    R3VLCD7 135.8 (+1.4)
    R3VLCD8 135.8 ---
    R3VLCD9 135.0
    (-0.8)
    R3VLCD10 135.6 (+0.6)

Quote Originally Posted by yayhowfun View Post
    What's weird is that I feel like I have been MUCH less irritable and just more easy going in general since taking HCG!!
    That's good! Everybody, of course, is different and I had a heck of a time adjusting to it. I wanted to bite my husband's head off a couple of times and he's the sweetest guy in the world.

Round 1...,,,,,,,,,....Round 2
    Pre-Load 133.0.......Pre-Load 127.4
    VLCD 1 137.4..........VLCD 1 130.0
    VLCD 2 134.6
    VLCD 3 132.2
    VLCD 4 130.4
    VLCD 5 130.0
    VLCD 6 128.4
    VLCD 7 127.2
    VLCD 8 127.8
    VLCD 9 126.6
    VLCD 10 124.0
    VLCD 11 125.4
    VLCD 12 125.2
    VLCD 13 125.8
    VLCD 14 124.4
    VLCD 15 123.6
    VLCD 16 123.6
    VLCD 17 123.8
    VLCD 18 121.4
    VLCD 19 121.6
    VLCD 20 120.8
    VLCD 21 121.4 (LIW)

Wow, thank the Lord I found this thread. Today I was feeling absolutely awful. I know and have read studies that show that ketogenic / VLCDs greatly affect hormones and mood. And after today... I believe it.

A few days ago I was feeling dizzy, aggravated, and became a big mood swing bee yotch. No joke! Its like Aunt Flo came. But she didn't. I tried eating some carb (apple) and immediately felt better. Its like the apple was a drug literally. So I've kept 1 serving of fruit in there. But couple days later, today, I had a massive break down in the morn. I am by no means an emotional person. Hell, I'm doing a math major in school. But today did me in. I couldn't get out of bed. I literally went behind a sofa, crouched in the corner, head in knees and cried.

I have no idea what came over me. I hadn't acted like that since I lived away from home for a year and was excruciatingly homesick.

I wanted to eat sooo badly. I wanted to scarf down foods... carbs, bread, ice cream, cookies, anything. Instead, I came to the computer to read about refeed days. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark60.htm I suggest you guys take a read. Very informative.

So I did more research on the roguers of hCG who've done refeeds. They said it helped them to get things going again, restore their hormones to normal and give them the mental and physical strength to continue on. I know in my past it helped me break stalls and get tings going too. Btw. Am on VLCD day 11. Hello stall week!

So I decided to call today a refeed. I kept it pretty moderately carb, protein, little to no fat. Instantly, I felt so much better. All my cravings, crazy emotional outbursts disappeared.

Now... as for the damage, I don't know, we will see. But for what it was worth, it was needed, physically and mentally. I'm ready to hop back on the wagon, go in full force tomorrow. I don't plan to weight myself tomorrow morning. Obviously the weight will go up, I don't need a scale to tell me what I already know. But I'm happy to say I scheduled a weight training session with my trainer tomorrow, so I figured all the carbs I ate today can go towards that.

I'm starting to think of doing a refeed like this (maybe not as many calories, and more healthy food choice from carbs) every 10-15 days to restore my hormones and to keep me from being an emotional baby. I don't know, it all depends on how fast I lose the weight afterwards.

Ok. Maybe will update later in the week if I feel up to it. Stay happy folks. Think of hawt sexayyyyy bodies in a few weeks time!

Oh dear... Grammy. That is my nightmare. I am losing, but just stalled for today.

Is it possible I am adapting to them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast