Popular Pages

Thread: Estrogen Dominance is Better ON HCG, and then Worse After...Help!

R/P/M
    Maintenance, HHCG pellets
    Blog Entries

Estrogen Dominance is Better ON HCG, and then Worse After...Help!

I posted this bit on the thread I've been hanging out with in my Round 3, but I thought I would post here to hopefully get some feedback. I'll try to make it as brief as I can.

I'm almost 35 and since I had baby #4 in 2009, I've had crazy painful periods (never had that issue before) and really long periods, sometimes 10, 12 or even 14 days with another week of spotting before it starts. The pain is usually the worst and heaviest on Day 2 and 3 of the period, and the pain is sometimes so bad it stops me in my tracks or takes me to the floor. With a lot of research, I think I've determined I am experiencing estrogen dominance following 4 pregnancies in 6 years, lack of sleep, etc.

When I started using homeopathic HCG in February 2011, I noticed my period was relatively pain-free and much more normal--only 5-7 days. I still had some spotting before it began, but not as much. But as soon as I finished P2 and the drops, the regular painful, heavy, long periods started again. Back on HHCG, better. Back off, worse. So I'm in the P3 of Round 3 and it is a week before my period should start and I'm already experiencing some cramping and spotting. I'm so frustrated and exhausted thinking about having to go back to 14 day periods and debilitating pain again.

I'm not going to a doctor, because I know they will just suggest birth control pills, which I will not go on. (I did in the past and they royally messed me up.) Are there any supplements I can take to help this situation? Should I start using progesterone cream? I would love to hear any and all suggestions.

I already take the following supplements:

Super B
    Raw Mult-Vitamin
    Vitamin D3
    Vitamin C
    Probiotic
    L'Carnatine
    MSM
    Elderberry
    Digestive Enzymes

Thank you for any help you can offer. I'm really desperate to try something new to alleviate these issues. They feel like they are really cramping my style and my life!

R/P/M
    R1, P1, Injection
    Blog Entries
    Hi:

I spent 20+ years of my life in estrogen dominance. I week of my life was a living hell! I am now on compounded natural hormones. If your insurance will not pay for them, and you can not foot the bill, go to the vitamin shoppe an buy evening primrose. May women do well on this. I tried it, and it gave me horrible depression. Should this occur, all you have to do is stop taking the evening primrose and the depression will go away. Do not take birth control. It is estrogen! Hence the problems you incurred when taking it. Good Luck

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Thank you SO much for your response. I will look into the Evening Primrose. I remember taking it once during a pregnancy. I started a natural progesterone cream yesterday. Have you ever tried that? I've read mixed results and reviews about it, but I read enough good to decide to give it a try. I'm honestly do not think my insurance will cover the compounded natural hormones from a doc (and I don't have extra funds to take care of it), so I'm looking for affordable ways to help the situation over-the-counter or with supplements. Thank you again for taking the time to respond. I'm sorry you had to deal with that for 20 years. I sure hope this gets better for me soon. Take care!

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    You just need progesterone, honey. Some bioidentical hormones would fix you right up!
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Colleen--thank you for your response! I started Now Foods Natural Progesterone Liposomal Skin Cream yesterday. It has 20 mg of USP Progesterone. Do you think that is okay? I tried to research quite a bit before purchasing it, and I had read several good reviews and experiences. I'm using one pump twice per day. I just can't afford the whole doctor--bioidentical hormone treatment right now, unfortunately.

R/P/M
    FrequencyApps patches
    I use a patch for hormone issues. It's homeopathic and I love it! I used to have periods like you describe and now am through menopause. I am completely symptom free! I have never had a hot flash ever! I swear by these patches. I know some friends who used bio identical hormones and then switched to these female hormone patches and stayed. I never tried bio identical hormones I just went right to the patch. It's nice you place one on and 3 days change it. I don't have to figure out what the right amount is, my body knows. If you want the company it is www.frequencyapps.com

Hope this helps.
    R1 = 32 lbs. Injections
    R2 = 17 lbs. hhcg drops
    R3 = 21 lbs frequency patches
    R4 = 11 lbs frequency patches

R4 - Day 14

Read Pound and Inches Here

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    That's not nearly enough progesterone, Tate. It might work if you take enough of it but it's not nearly as powerful as the real stuff. Real progesterone isn't that expensive either. Is that 20 per pump? My progesterone cream is 50 mg per ml, I think. When you have high estrogen, it's really important to balance it with progesterone. Otherwise your breast cancer risk is higher. Unfortunately I knew very little about hormones when I was younger. I had a hysterectomy at 23 and was on Premarin for 30 years. So I make sure I get a mammogram. I just recently discovered thermography too and it's fabulous.

your regular doctor might prescribe the progesterone for you. My daughter just started some and hers was only about $40.
    Colleen
    http://www.colleencoble.com I'm a moderator. If you need to report an issue on the forum, feel free to email me at colleen@colleencoble.com. I can't help with technical issues though. Contact Jarret for forum posting problems or go here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f20/

R/P/M
    R1, P1, Injection
    Blog Entries
    No, I have not tried a none Rx progesterone. Please check with your insurance, as you may be surprised to find they will pay for compounded, natural, bio-identical hormone treatment. The best way to do this, short of calling your insurance, is to find a compounding pharmacy in you area. They will know, not only if your insurance does cover this, but also a list of doctors in your area who will help you. My one suggestion here is, for cost reasons, do not do the saliva test. It is $200.00+/- and insurance will not cover it. Now you will hear that the saliva test is the only accurate testing. I totally disagree. I have done blood and saliva and find that for getting your general numbers, do the blood test and let insurance pay for it. After you get in to the general ballpark(which is all either test can offer you) the rest is trial and error. You will need to work it until you find what works for you. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Only you can find that sweet spot that works for you, and read, read, read so that you understand what symptoms are a result of the progesterone/evening primrose being to high or to low.
    You do not have to live like this any longer.

R/P/M
    R3 / P2 / subq injections
    I just went on bio identical hormones after many years of struggling with fatigue and under-treated hypothyroidism. I was happy to find a doc in Denver, Colorado who takes insurance and works exclusively on hormone imbalance. I hear that he treats people from all over the world- this may be because he also has an office in Aspen, Colorado (playground of the rich and famous- LOL).

I just relocated from Denver to Portland and he is still going to treat me. He gave me a "prescription" for lab work to get done here, and then he will do a phone consultation. The compounding pharmacy he uses will mail the hormone cream. If you can't find someone in your area, you could see if he will take you as a patient. His name is Dr. Kenton Bruice.

Good luck- you don't have to live that way. I have "normal" energy for the first time in years; I feel alive again.

Rachael
    R1 - Start date 1/28/11 - 24 lbs (HHCG)
    R2 - Start date 5/1/11 - (HHCG) net loss of zero, let's pretend R2 didn't happen
    R3 - Start date 9/18/11 - ( SubQ injections)

First goal: BMI under 35 (227 lbs)
    Second goal: Get to Onederland
    Third goal: BMI under 30 (196 lbs)
    Fourth goal: Wedding day weight (175 lbs)
    Ultimate goal: Weight 2 lbs lower than top range of healthy BMI (162 lbs)

R/P/M
    R1/P2/subQ
    I am taking armour thyroid, progesterone - days 15-28, 7 keto dhea, probiotic, vitamin d, tyrosine, 5htp, iodine, and a few other vitamins. Do I need to be concerned with adding HCG to any of these? I've not seen a clear answer anywhere. You seem to be very versed in these hormons/supplements. Thank you Grammy!

Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    You just need progesterone, honey. Some bioidentical hormones would fix you right up!