Popular Pages

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HCG and Hashimoto's Thyroiditus/Hypothyroid

R/P/M
    R1/P2/RX,Injections

Smile HCG and Hashimoto's Thyroiditus/Hypothyroid

Ok all, here I go. Today was day 1 of P2. I'm terrified of needles, but was so frustrated an in a time crunch this morning, that I couldn't over think the injection, and just did it. NO big deal, whew. At about 3pm I got SO nauseated, I had to lay down. I ate an apple and it passed. Mainly I've been starving and frustrated today and really need a support group to get through this journey. I'm happy to have found you all. Being a, now, single mom of triplets is really hard but I have to get control back again with my weight. I just don't feel confident, and as a single young 20-something I need confidence.

I actually don't know my weight (I'm 5'5"), I'll find out at my two week follow up. I told the nurse I'd die on the floor is she told me the number, she thought I was serious, ooops... So, I don't know (yet) but I'd guess around 158-160ish, and I want to get back down to 130-135, which I did about two years ago on another VLCD, but not HCG, and on that my lowest number was 128. I know I can do it, sticking with it is the problem. I also have Hashimoto's Thyroiditus, an additional challenge.

Also I drank 3.5 Liters of water, and also did a detox soak with bentonite clay and epson salt.

I'd love to compare notes with those who have accomplished their HCG goals, those on the journey and those just starting.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

R/P/M
    Round 3
    Hi there triplemom08

Just thought I'd let you know that I too suffer from Hashimoto's and have sucessfully lost. It can be done. I did a round of HCG through my doctors (under medical supervision). I think the only issue I had were my energy levels (despite the doctor's giving me B12 injections)..... but to be expected really when on 500cal a day!

I'm currently contemplating another round, doing it myself and ordering everything online.

Best of luck, it's so worth it

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Hi triplet mom! Did you load for 3 days with hcg in your system? If not, that can explain your nausea. Also, carb withdrawal causes nausea and headaches in alot of folks. How old are your triplets? You must be one busy lady! .
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

R/P/M
    R1/P2/ODT
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvKats View Post
    Hi triplet mom! Did you load for 3 days with hcg in your system? If not, that can explain your nausea. Also, carb withdrawal causes nausea and headaches in alot of folks. How old are your triplets? You must be one busy lady! .

Is it two or three days load time?
    R1= 28lbs Loss

R2 P2 started 09/24/2012

R/P/M
    R2P2Rx
    It's up to you, 2 or 3 days. In P&I it says 3 days.

Anyhoo, Tripletmom08, I'm thoroughly amazed about my losses since starting hcg. Before I started I was GAINING weight at a rate of 4-6 lb per month (right into July 2012 when I started) since some crazy doctor instructed me to reduce my thyroid meds last November. In Jan/Feb this year, I tried to lose weight with my usually successful method of low-carbing but didn't lose an ounce in 3 weeks! With a lot of reading and some fantastic thyroid support groups, I'm now taking care of my thyroid health myself and have been self-medicating since late April. And seeing how hcg is reversing this nightmare of contiuous weight gain is amazing!

Can I just say how much I'd love to get another hypothyroid/Hashimoto's thread up and running!? There was an active one but it seemed to have *died* last March, what a shame
    F | 48 | 5'5'' | 166.6 lb
    R5P2L1-L2 3/31-4/1/2014
    WK1 160.6 (-6.0) | WK2 156.4 (-4.2)
    WK3 154.2 (-2.2) | WK4 151.0 (-3.2)
    WK5 147.8 (-3.2) | LIW 145.4 (-2.4)

R/P/M
    P4
    Welcome Tripletmom! I have Hashi's, too. This plan works really well for those of us who can't lose weight any other way because of our thyroids. A lot of people even find they can lower their thyroid meds. I can't, but some people have.

Teutonica, gotta love those crazy thyroid docs. It's almost like they're deliberately trying to kill us...it has to be deliberate; nobody could be as incompetent as they are.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    It sounds like you aren't doing it right and started the diet the first day you did the shot. You need to load for 2 days, per Pounds and Inches. Make sure you read Pounds and Inches. Good luck!

R/P/M
    R2P2Rx
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmrr View Post
    Teutonica, gotta love those crazy thyroid docs. It's almost like they're deliberately trying to kill us...it has to be deliberate; nobody could be as incompetent as they are.
    jmmrr - You got that right! OTOH, I can't believe how gullible and stupid I was all these years! Reading some key books on thyroid disorders, like 'Stop the Thyroid Madness', 'The Great Thyroid Scandal', books about adrenal fatigue and hormonal imbalances, plus tons of useful websites, were complete eye openers. I'm thoroughly gutted how you can justify working in the medical profession and at the same time act with complete indifference to helping people get well.
    R5P2L1-L2 3/31-4/1/2014

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Playing devils advocate here.... You'd be surprised how little most folks WaNT to know about taking care of their bodies. You guys are the exception, not the rule from what I see. We often laugh that most people know more about the workings of their cars, and often take better care of them for that matter, than they do their own bodies. Sometimes when I'm trying to explain a problem to a patient, I will use a analogy relating the issue to a car issue. They glaze over when I discuss their body pathology, but once I relate it to an issue with a car, and the ah ha look comes over them immediately.
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

R/P/M
    R2P2Rx
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvKats View Post
    Playing devils advocate here.... You'd be surprised how little most folks WaNT to know about taking care of their bodies. You guys are the exception, not the rule from what I see. We often laugh that most people know more about the workings of their cars, and often take better care of them for that matter, than they do their own bodies. Sometimes when I'm trying to explain a problem to a patient, I will use a analogy relating the issue to a car issue. They glaze over when I discuss their body pathology, but once I relate it to an issue with a car, and the ah ha look comes over them immediately.
    I don't have a car (poor Euro resident who has to rely on public transport) so I can focus entirely on my body issues, LOL. I know what you mean. I think a lot of people know deep down that one way of improving their health would be to make some serious lifestyle changes (quit smoking, drink less alcohol, exercise, etc) but in a way, it's a bit like testing the system, how far can you go before it comes crashing down. Like the non-believers who suddenly start praying and promise to God they'll be good for the rest of their lives, if they only get through this rough patch. These people usually need a serious health scare to turn their life around. Actually, I'm no different, I've had bulimia for 32 years - everywhere you read how people suffer from gastro-intestinal problems or inflammation of the esophagus, die from cardiac arrest and whatnot, and still, there's something so addictive about my behavior that despite all the horror stories, I just can't stop it. Yes, there's always a glimmer of hope (like now during hcg) but I'm also a realist. I often ask myself, if these stories are true - why am I still alive? Obviously, I have purge-free phases during which - like a drug addict - I tell myself that I'm never going to do it again but then something happens that stresses me out and bang! - all good intentions gone with the wind. In that way, I think I have this yin/yang personality where the good part (the health nut) wants to make up for the sins of the other.

And then, of course there are people who are just plain stupid. A few years back, this British celebrity cook, Jamie Olivier campaigned to have British schools serve healthier food. Apparently, up to then, the lunch staple were french fries, sweat peas and breaded fish/turkey fingers, so that made way for *proper* food. Vending machines containing candy bars and sodas were banned etc. Well, shortly after, there were news reports and film footage of defiant parents reaching all that junk food to their kids through the gates during lunch breaks in protest of the healthier school menus. Seriously, how sick is that?
    R5P2L1-L2 3/31-4/1/2014