Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HCG and Rheumatoid Arthritis

R/P/M
    R2/P2/rx subq

HCG and Rheumatoid Arthritis

My mother has advanced RA and would like to try this diet not only because of my losses so far but also because she feels it would help her joints to get some of her weight off. She'd recently consulted one of her doctors about it but he wasn't familiar with it and told her she'd need to discuss it with her PCP. I work for her PCP so I already know he isn't familiar with it.

Does anyone know someone with her condition that's tried it and/or a healthcare professional able to advise? (I'm clerical not clinical...lol) Thank you in advance.

R/P/M
    R2/P2/rx subq
    Nobody??

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Those with RA often feel better on hcg. One reason is that they get off food allergens like gluten and dairy and there is often a component of a food issue that affects RA. I'd tell her to go for it! And make sure she doesn't eat the grissini.

R/P/M
    R2/P2/rx subq
    Thank you so much, Colleen!! I'm sure that she'll be very happy with that reply! I make her meals for her so I know she'll not eat the grissini or melba.

To be quite honest my arthritis in my hands has continue to get worse as well as my knees. I was hoping the weight loss would make a difference but it hasn't. I do believe it would be worse without the weightloss so in that aspect I think it would be good for her. But she shouldn't be surprised if she discovers more discomfort after doing the diet. That really surprised me.

Jenni

R/P/M
    R2/P2/rx subq
    It has worsened even with the 82.2 lb loss?? That's surprising! I appreciate your being honest with me about it, though, Jenni. As badly as she hurts now, I really don't see how she'd feel more discomfort. It breaks my heart to see her like that. I'll tell her that it could go either way and let her decide. Surely, getting some of that extra weight off will make her feel better if only mentally.

Thank you for the reply!

I totally agree! I know from the growths on the bones in my hand that I will always have discomfort, I thought it would go way down. I just wanted you to know that I am one of the oddballs who still suffers. I cannot hold a pen for very long. Typing on my iPad is easier, but still hurts. I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 my pain is an 8 in my hands and about a 5 in my knees except when going upstairs, then it's still a 10. I still hold out hope with time it will get better.

I will also say that I have bad days and good days and I believe I have more good days then bad since I lost the weight...so that is a plus.

I will be praying that your mom will have great success and freedom from here pain!

R/P/M
    R2/P2/rx subq
    Thank you so much!! You have no idea how much the prayers mean to me.

Hi! I just joined and saw your question, then continued on through the thread to read the other two ladies response. I would like to tell you that I suffer from moderate to severe RA, currently take Enbrel by injection and methotrexate orally, both weekly. My first round with HCG brought about dramatic results in not only weight loss, but the RA was gone for the whole time of my 31 days of the drops, and during the next two phases of maintenance. I only started to have a flare up a few months back, but believe that was brought on by severe emotional trauma in the family. Good luck to your mom, I'd be interested to know how she does Anne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast