Popular Pages

Thread: Help! Estrogen dominance and Liver Damage? Can I do another round?

Help! Estrogen dominance and Liver Damage? Can I do another round?

Sorry for reposting but I didn't get any responses in the 'general' forum..

Over the last two years I've done two rounds of HCG (corion and hucog injections), a long round and a shorter round, loosing 15 the first time and about 25 the second.

I want to start another round and have all my supplies ready, but I recently got a lot of blood work done and the results indicated that my hormones are way off (estrogen dominance), I have a sluggish thyroid and something is causing liver damage. I am really healthy for the most part, I have eaten organic food my whole life, Ive been gluten free for like 10 years, I dont eat processed junk or sugar, nor do I drink or smoke..

I'm overweight cause I have an eating disorder and go through periods of anorexia and then over-eat, so I understand why my thyroid is off, but considering the results of my blood work, do you think its ok to do another round?

I tried to start my third round before christmas but was too busy with school and stressed and gave up after about a week. After that, my weight has sky-rocketed, Im 5'7 and have never weighed more than 150 my whole life, but now I'm 160 at least. After my last round of hcg (which ended in april of 2012) I was about 120 for like 6 months, and then started to gain rapidly. Its crazy, I've seriously put on about 40 pounds in like 4 months, and i feel like im just continuing to gain. My eating is pretty stable these days, I don't eat much carbs and mostly eat veggies, fats and protein. But I can't live with myself weighing 160 for much longer! I really want to do another round and am wondering if you think its safe, or if the HCG is contributing to liver damage or hormonal imbalance... or if doing another round will exacerbate the circumstances?

Also, I am now taking herbs and vitamins to balance my body (all through Life Extension) and if I do another round, I'm planning to continue to use the supplements. Do you think thats a good idea?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

R/P/M
    seventh/Rx injections
    elusha, I hate to comment on your situation cuz I am not a doctor....obviously. However, I was working with my doc to get all of my hormones balanced prior to doing hCG. I did a couple of years of blood tests and bioidentical hormones and thyroid and then she had me do hCG for weight loss. I have read about lots of folks here who have adrenal problems, thyroid problems, etc. but their docs still put them on hCG. I can't see that it is a problem but you should probably also check with your doc....luckily I have one that is an out of the box thinker and doesn't give me knee jerk medical association types of solutions like putting me on prescription drugs for symptoms. She, like I, believes in treating the heart of the issue and not just medicating away the symptoms. If you are lucky enough to have a doc like that you can probably get good advice.

I did just recently read in P&I that Simeons said that there were almost no conditions he found that would preclude a round....he mentioned fractures, etc not needing one to stop rounds for. Now, I know that grammy and some of the other moderators on here say not to do hCG when healing so you might want to ask them but I was really surprised when I read in P&I that Simeons did not think that there were many healing events that precluded doing a round. I will try and find the quote from him and post it.

Good luck in your decision.
    Candice
    "nothing tastes as good as thin feels!"

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the feedback and personal anecdotes! That sounds encouraging, but hopefully a moderator weighs in on it...

THANKS, THOUGH!

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Hi! I apologize for not seeing this sooner.

Im sorry you are having a bad spell. It sounds like you might be close to menopause maybe? We see this kind of hormonal Armageddon a lot around that time. Also during peri menopause. I think I saw some of this posted on another thread....I remember something about the liver enzymes being off. You need to ask your doctor if it could be your gall bladder or what they now call non alcoholic fatty liver disease, which is seen in folks who either are overweight, or have gained rapidly as you have. Both are correctable conditions. Given your lifestyle choices and eating habits (all sound good), I'm thinking there is a good chance the enzymes are elevated as a result of the weight gain and the hormonal issues.

Ask your doc about bioidentical hormone replacement. It will help with the estrogen dominance, sluggish thyroid, and the rest of the cascade that is going on. Has your doctor given you any direction on how to fix these issues?

About doing hcg with your lab issues. Since we don't know what for sure is wrong with your liver....I'm hesitant to say for sure that its fine to do a round. I think you need more info from your doctor. If its your gall bladder, doing a round could push you into a full blown attack because of the liberated fat that the gall bladder will have to process.

talk to your doc, then let us know what he/she says about your liver tests. Ask about bioidentical hormones, progesterone replacement. And get him to quantify the "sluggish" thyroid thing. Is this based on just a TSH or did he run free T3 and other specific numbers. Hope this helps some. Hang in there....you are fixable. .
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.

Hi! I'm sorry I didn't respond to this before now! Its been months! Well, I did talk to my doctor and she put me on a really good program to support my hormonal imbalances and gave me some things to detox my liver. Everything I'm taking is either from Life Extension, or natural thyroid/hormones.. I felt better from day one! Its been an amazing shift, I'm so thankful I took those blood tests and was able to come into balance.

I don't think the HCG negatively imbalanced these things, I think they were off for a long time. Anyways, I didn't come back to the blog for a long time because Doc said it was better to balance the hormones first, then give this another try to work off the weight.

SO! I just mixed another batch of hucog 5000 and am starting tomorrow! WOW... kind of scared, kind of excited. I think I'll have a much better time with it now that my hormones have come more into balance, last time I tried to do P2 my hunger was unbearable the whole time and I gave up after 10 days. Ever since I started bio-hormones, my hunger has come way down and I don't feel starving all the time-- FOR ONCE! Its been an amazing transformation and I'm looking forward to taking it further with HCG.

Thanks though, ILuvKats, for the info and the help! Thanks all you great HCGForum ladies and gentlemen!

Ok, whew.. here I go... two 40 day rounds, I'll be done July 1st..!

Also-- I'm taking a natural thyroid supplement, a pregnenolone supplement and am on a bio-identical progesterone (only for the last 2 weeks before TOM; and not the cream, its a natural compound)...

Should I continue taking these while I do Hcg or give it a break? I feel like I should keep taking them because they support normal levels of these things in my body, even while on HCG. I'm thinking that most people will have the levels of this stuff in their bodies naturally that I have with supplementation, so I should just keep taking them, right?

Interested to know your thoughts!

My Doc. is a great naturopath who works at a clinic operated by someone on the Life Extension board of directors, and a total fan of HCG. So she supports it but wanted me to wait before I do another round.. I felt like I've waited long enough and want to get started on the path to my goal weight before the summer.

Anyways, I'll check with her but was curious to know if you had any thoughts on this issue!

Thanks!

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    I stay on all my biotidenticals during hcg. You don't want to go back to square one on your hormone balance. Glad you're doing so well!

R/P/M
    R4 P4 subq injections
    Quote Originally Posted by elusha View Post
    Also-- I'm taking a natural thyroid supplement, a pregnenolone supplement and am on a bio-identical progesterone (only for the last 2 weeks before TOM; and not the cream, its a natural compound)...

Should I continue taking these while I do Hcg or give it a break? I feel like I should keep taking them because they support normal levels of these things in my body, even while on HCG. I'm thinking that most people will have the levels of this stuff in their bodies naturally that I have with supplementation, so I should just keep taking them, right?

Interested to know your thoughts!

My Doc. is a great naturopath who works at a clinic operated by someone on the Life Extension board of directors, and a total fan of HCG. So she supports it but wanted me to wait before I do another round.. I felt like I've waited long enough and want to get started on the path to my goal weight before the summer.

Anyways, I'll check with her but was curious to know if you had any thoughts on this issue!

Thanks!
    You need to continue these supplements while on hcg. Taking them shouldn't negatively impact your weight loss, and there is no real research that says losing weight corrects any of the issues you have. Like Colleen, I take all my BHRT meds as well while on hcg....and I also take pregneleone. I love it. .
    I'm a moderator. Feel free to private message me if you have issues with the forum.