Popular Pages

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some buddies :)

R/P/M
    P3 Forever
    Blog Entries
    Smooch, I haven't ventured into coconut oil yet, and the only xylitol I've seen is in sugar free gum! However, I read a review on coconut oil on the Lighter Side blog, which is where the original Oopsie Rolls come from.In the comments section, several people said the oil reviewed had sales and coupons which helped the price. The review is at http://yourlighterside.com/2013/01/r...n-coconut-oil/
    PearlyMae (AKA Polly Pocket)
    Jan 2013, Start: 173, LIW 126.8. Do half of it all again: January 2014: Start: 149.4, LIW 127.6
    Ticker: 0 equals 126.8 Original LIW.

I do really well with CO as an alternative to correction days....I eat clean and incorporate a good serving of CO in cooking, crack or my yogurt. I usually see a good drop the next day. NOT in P2 though...tried that once and failed miserably :-)
    Cindy

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -- Scott Hamilton

2014: Another round with a scheduled PI. I WILL break through my setpoint this time!!

R/P/M
    P3 Forever
    Blog Entries
    So what did you decide to use? I was going to hit Whole Paycheck tomorrow for co and almond butter.
    P.
    Jan 2013, Start: 173, LIW 126.8. Do half of it all again: January 2014: Start: 149.4, LIW 127.6

R/P/M
    P3 Forever
    Blog Entries
    Smoochy---hope you have a great weekend. I'm going to buy the smallest possible jar of CO so I can give it a try, and if it works out for me, I'll see about ordering larger quantities online. I have been battling getting enough protein in, and finally have resolved to lay off my beloved greek yogurt: not because it is bad for me, but I get lazy and eat it instead of something with more protein and I have been inching up there. I hit .2 over LIW on Wed, but was down .8 yesterday and again today, so I am back in the zone, but I am taking my protein count more seriously. Oopsie rolls have been a lifesaver and I'll be making more this weekend. I hit Amazon for a second bowl for my Kitchenaid mixer so I can make them more easily without pouring the egg yolks and cream cheese back and forth between bowls and losing some in the process. I over stirred one batch last week, so I had one batch of fluffy bun "tops" and one batch of flatter bun "bottoms". I even used the "bottoms" for toast a couple of times. I am going to work on that idea.... !

I'm thinking of Kbj in the islands... sigh. I used to take tour groups on cruises six or eight times a winter, but that was almost 20 years ago now. I get homesick for that beautiful clear water and beaches! It's a loooooong way to the water from Colorado!

P.

R/P/M
    P3 Forever
    Blog Entries
    I am officially an almond butter addict! I got it fresh from Whole Foods and will now have to try to make it last the weekend. We are in a semi-blizzard...again...so I'm on my second apples & almond butter attack for the day. Kbj, how I envy you the Islands! It is 21 degrees here with blowing snow. Through Monday. P.

Blog Entries
    Hi everybody! This is going to be another drive-by quickie because, naturally, there is a ton of stuff to do to get back into the swing of things. Some highlights: the trip was great in terms of weather, condo, restaurants etc. etc. On the negative side - NO SCALE, and I didn't bring one. Also, I got strep throat the second day and was on penicillin the rest of the trip, which made me nauseous and only felt better when I ate. Which I did. A LOT! It feels like I loaded for the past ten days, so I called home and got my prescription refilled and will start vlcdays tomorrow - with the exception that I have a mani/pedi scheduled with my daughter in the afternoon. Gotta get this gel polish cleaned off and renewed. I hope that doesn't screw up my first weeks losses, but I'm doing it anyway.

Anyway, sorry to hear you've been sick Smoochy, but glad you are better! Pearly - isn't almond butter just to die for in P3!!! Vicktoria, glad to see a new name/face, and hope they have been treating you well!

Gotta go, keep up the great work!
    - KBJ - taking it one day, one hour, one breath at at time...

R/P/M
    P3 Forever
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back! I'm set to start in 2 weeks, so will be interested in how it goes for you!

Blog Entries
    Well, vlcd 3 and I am BELOW liw - yay! It would have been nice to START with losing from liw, instead of using the best losses to get back there, but I will take it. We went out to a fabulous restaurant each night, and I had appetizer, wine, entree, and frangelica in coffee with dessert. Talk about a recipe for disaster, with no scale, either. I actually started loading a couple of days short of finishing a 3 wk p4. I never shook the infection, but I am on a different antibiotic that doesn't make me sick. I am so relieved to be losing again!!!

R/P/M
    P3 Forever
    Blog Entries
    Congrats, K! You are handling your weight like a pro! How long a round are you planning? P.

Blog Entries
    Hey Pearly, 28 days is the initial plan, but when I picked up the filled syringes, one of them must have gotten smushed with the groceries on the way home, because it had only about half a dose in it. I was getting ready to inject it, and looked closer because it sure didn't seem like it was filled as full as it used to be. Sure enough, it wasn't! So the plan now is for 27 shots. My youngest graduates college May 6, and then we are moving her to the fabulous apartment we found in DC. While we are there and she still has us to pay for the celebration, she wants to go to this very fancy restaurant that only serves tasting menus of a dozen courses, and has a great vegetarian one for her. You actually have to make a reservation for dinner exactly 30 days before you want to eat there in order to get in. I won't quite be ready for it, as I will still be in the last week of P3, but I am just going to treat it as a cheat day, and have a correction day planned for the next day. I've talked to people who did planned interruptions, and gathered that some of them gained more weight that way than if they had just cheated and done corrections. So, that is the plan, assuming my body doesn't rebel and insist that it is SO OVER a few days shy of the 27. So long as I get at least 25 shots in, with 23 vlcdays, I'm still on protocol, right? I know for sure I can't do any more long ones, like I did my first round. It seemed too much like mental and physical torture.

So Pearly & Smoochy, how is the stabilizing going?