Popular Pages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing weight after HCG

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Injections

Losing weight after HCG

I'm just curious if anyone has been successful at losing weight after they've successfully completed all phases of the HCG diet. Let's say for example, that you have gone through P2, P3 & P4, stablized, gotten a great kick-start to your weight loss, but you still have more weight you need to lose. Is it possible to just eat fewer calories and exercise (the way you lost weight pre-hcg) and lose the weight if you don't feel like doing another round? (understanding of course that the weight loss will be slower)

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    For me the whole calories in and calories out doesn't work. Well it didn't prior to hcg...which is why I turned to hcg. Personally I wouldn't attempt any other diet and risk screwing up my metabolism again.
    ~Robbi

Before and almost after photos.... http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums.../diet-journey/

R/P/M
    R3P4 Injection
    I have the same question. I am in R3P2. I took a break after R2 of about two months did a vacation and gained about ten back. Even trying to pack a scale is not a small undertaking.
    Anyway, my fear that is after I complete this cycle and hit my goal weight, it will be hard to maintain. I experimented a little during the break and found that if I didn't do a steak day when up two pounds, that was my new weight. You can quickly gain the weight back just as quick, if not quicker than you lost it. I should hope that if I screw up and miss a steak day which I did. I hope I can loose two pounds without doing a cycle of HCG.

HCG works great but it changes your chemistry and limits alternatives to future weight-loss.

Tom

I personally don't think HCG does anything permanent. If it did you wouldn't need correction days. You can lose weight after HCG if you could lose it before HCG. Being PG with tons of HCG in your system doesn't make you reliant on it or reset your body so there is no way the dose we take would. Just keep in mind at a much lower weight you will have to approach dieting different. What worked when you were say 200lbs won't work when you are 130lbs. I think that is why many people think dieting quits working after hcg. They aren't taking into account their smaller size.

My SIL lost her last 20lbs without hcg, the other SIL has gained most of her weight back. SIL#1 changed her eating style and just eats normally in smaller portions, she avoids most high carbs and junk except on special occassions. She never did steak days or anything beyond P3. SIL#2 was eating a box of donuts when DH was talking to her so I don't think I need to search too hard to discover why she gained her weight back instead of maintaining or losing.

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    HCG doesn't change your chemistry. it just shows us the REASON we were heavy in the first place.

R/P/M
    R2/P2/HHCG
    Well, I didn't even do P3. I maintained my weight for 4 1/2 months plus. I seemed to be able to eat what i wanted within my allotted calories per day. I just recently went on a cruise and gained 3 pounds. I'm back to lose those 3 and an additional 5lbs. off to reach my final goal. Well only 5lbs. to go now.

In the past before HCG, when I reached new low weight I never did the routine in P3 Dr. Simeon has you do. I took my past previous experiences and used those to hold that new set point. For me, my body needs to see that number on the scale at least 3-4 times a week. The more it shows up in the following week or two the more my body stabilizes. It's what sticks it for me. I also did not jump right into eating more calories right away. I increased about 100-200 every other day or so with a higher calorie day in the middle.
    Basically, I the Dr. is doing the same thing by using steak days to keep your weight back at your new low. If my weight jumped up a few ounces or pounds then I would allow my body to drop the water weight naturally back to the new set point. I know those kind of jumps are not fat weight, but water weight. Fat weight sticks and I know when I'm eating beyond what I need. It takes more than 1 day. This works for me.

When people gain their weight back, it has more to do with how much you are eating over what your body needs to maintain. Small daily fluctuations are normal. When your body adjusts to the lower number the less fluctuation you'll experience.
    [URL="http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMAYixq/]

I recommend the book Eat Fat Lose Fat by Sally Fallon if you are looking to lose weight without being on the HCG diet. Weight needs to be lost by improving the metabolism and providing your body with enough healthy fats and by being active (exercising). I think losing weight by cutting calories is not a good idea. Also, a good eye opening documentary is Fat Head, which is available on instant play on Netflix or if you don't have netflix the entire thing can be viewed for free online.
    Jessica

HHCG
    Round 1 - 45 days
    Start Weight: 184.4
    Load Weight: 186.6 (+2.2 lbs)
    Round 1 Loss: 25lbs
    LW: 161.6
    Round 1 stabilized at 161.2
    ---------
    Round 2 - 45 days
    Start Weight: 161.2
    Load Weight: 163
    Round 2 Loss: 17.4 lbs
    LW: 145.6

----------

Round 3 - 16 days
    Start Weight: 147.6
    Load Weight: 150.4
    Round 3 Loss: 11.2 lbs
    LW: 139.2

TOTAL LOSS: 53.6 lbs!
    From 186.6 to 139.2 lbs
    START BMI: 28.4 ENDING BMI: 21.2

R/P/M
    R3P4 Injection
    Thx for the suggestion, I'll look the movie up.

Tom

R/P/M
    R3P4 Injection
    I'm not so sure about that. I've dropped 72 pounds on HCG. Like most people here I have the dieter's history of everything from Camden to Nutrasystem to Adkins.

I have encountered just plain "odd" reactions with this diet. How can a metabolism increase or decrease two pounds within 24 hours? That is 3500 to 7000calories. My wife was extremely allergic to gold jewelry. Post HCG, she has no problem wearing it. I can't help but think there is more to the "transformation" than weight-loss and resetting metabolism.

I do understand that my body is allergic to carbohydrates. The best loss I ever had prior to HCG was on Adkins. I am of the mind that after HCG we need to make carbs a garnish rather than a meal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast