Popular Pages

Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Would love some buddies!!!. Starting to Load Today..

R/P/M
    R3/P2/SubQ
    No chance to post yesterday as I felt like I needed a few more hours in the day in order to get it all done.

My scale story for the last 2 days: down .2 yesterday, no change today. Obviously this is slowing down my progress towards goal! Not including my load day gain, I'm only down 14lbs in 39 days.
    Sucky, but what can i do? I know I have stuck to protocol, so not sure what's going on. Maybe I'll find out more when I go see the thyroid doctor in 2 weeks. Until then, onward and upward, right? (oops, I guess I mean downward!) BTW, my thyroid doctor has mentioned to me that she may want to consider bio-identical hormone replacement therapy for me. Has anyone done this? I've never done any kind of HRT before, as both my mother, maternal grandmother and maternal aunt have all had breast cancer so everyone always wanted me to avoid any added estrogen. Anyone know about this? Guess I'll have to do some research before the doctor's appt.

3Time Kind of glad for you that you didn't have to make that 24hr round trip to NY after all. (although I would have loved meeting) Hope DD got home safe and sound. I've got my fingers crossed for you that you get below the 150 mark before the end of P2 - how wonderful would that be??!

Sherrys I was in Target the other day and they had these little soft silicone squeeze bottles for toting salad dressing around. It looks like this:
    Attachment 11443
    I used it for vinegar yesterday, rather than carrying around the whole bottle,and it worked great. They are made by Evriholder, so maybe you can find them online somewhere.
    OK, so you cheated. Big deal. The worst thing about cheating is that many times people throw in the towel after doing it, rather than just getting back on track right away. That's where the downfall comes in. If people just had one cheat and then went on as if it didn't happen, the loss would continue after the cheat was out of your system. My problem with cheating is that it leads to more cheating! Sounds like your really have things pretty much under control though, so good for you!

Hekare Hey, driver's license weight and stall breaking - great! (nah, don't think talking about it will jinx it!) Even better is how you feel about yourself. I figure even we're not down to goal yet, if I can get up in the morning and get dressed and feel decent about myself, that's a huge step i the right direction. I find that when I've put on weight I don't even try to look nice. I forget about makeup for the most part, don't spend much time on my hair and generally let myself go a bit. Not anymore! Now I want to get up and get dressed and see what fits me. It's a good feeling, right? Keep us posted on what you decide about how long to keep going.

releasing My scale is infuriating also. I have tried that trick where you get on the scale, then get on it again while holding something heavy, then getting on it again, where the last weight is supposed to be the correct, stable one. But lots of times when I get o it again after the supposedly stable weight, I get a different weight again! Ugh. And this was not a cheap scale! I tend to go with the highest weight it shows, so I'm not too disappointed the following day (screwy logic, huh?) What you brought up about the therapist in the Frankel book sounds so true. I, like mod people who are overweight, also tend towards the bigger, loose clothes when I hate the way I look. I know it doesn't cover up any of the fat rolls, but they are more comfortable. And I hate wearing tight clothes at that point, not only because of the way they look, but because I hate the way they feel. I always feel like I'm bursting to get out of them!
    Have a great time on your trip!

Travelmom Welcome Back! I hope things are starting to settle down with DH now that you're back home. You're not "wasting" the hog! Think about what prob would have happened had you not been on it and gone thru the emotional turmoil you just went through. Think the scale would have been unchanged? NOT! So give yourself a pat on the back and realize what you just did. The fact that the scale stayed the same is a major achievement in my book.

angie Way to go with .4 loss! It has to be a stressful time for you now, with no car and trying to figure out how to get your son to school. Can you arrange some kind of car pool where someone else transports now and then switch off with you when you do get a car?

lysma You are just chugging along! Seems like just yesterday you were dying to get to one-der-land, now your's talking about the 180's. Great! How you managed the resist those chips and salsa is beyond me. A real trigger food for me, something I'll always prob have to avoid - that and almonds - of which I could eat however much is around!
    So DD and the ex are still talking to one another? Ugh, I always think that just prolongs the agony, altho there's no point in telling her that. When you're in the throes of emotional pain and want them back to badly, you'll do anything for contact.

Hope I didn't forget anyone…….

Starting R3 May 22

Height 5'2"
    R3 Start Weight: 130

R1 April 2011 - a Bust. Long story.
    R2 June 2012/P2 for 57 days.
    LIW Round 2 was 115.4
    Stabilized just fine in P3 this time. Kept it off for almost a year then fell off the wagon.

R/P/M
    R2/ drops
    Blog Entries
    Our local Fry's/Kroger carries some Walden Farms products but I haven't tried them.

R2 Goal: 20 lbs./ Wk 1: 5.6/ Wk. 2: 4.4/ Wk. 3: 1 (PI)/ Wk 4: 3.4/ Wk 5: 3

R/P/M
    R2/ drops
    Blog Entries
    Hondo, I do the same thing with taking the highest weight . I checked to see what my expensive scale had to say yesterday and it put me at 200-280.... when I wasn't standing on it! At least cheap scale is pretty consistent.

R/P/M
    R2/ drops
    Blog Entries

goal weights

How did you all decide your goal weights? I'm just thinking how much thinner I look now than I did at this same weight years ago. And Hondo your BMI is already in a good range... maybe we're fighting against where we should be to meet some arbitrary number?

My Dukan weight is 2 pounds away, but I chose 3 because I wanted to be solidly in a new "decade"

R/P/M
    R3/P2/SubQ
    Quote Originally Posted by hekare View Post
    How did you all decide your goal weights? I'm just thinking how much thinner I look now than I did at this same weight years ago. And Hondo your BMI is already in a good range... maybe we're fighting against where we should be to meet some arbitrary number?

My Dukan weight is 2 pounds away, but I chose 3 because I wanted to be solidly in a new "decade"
    What's a Dukan weight?

I decided on my goal weight based upon the last time I lost weight about 3 yrs ago and felt really good starting at about 115. (I'm only 5'2" and very small boned) When I got to 110-112, I felt like I could set the world on fire, but couldn't eat anything to maintain it, so decided that wasn't a good goal. But it also wasn't when I was doing hcg either, so not sure if the supposed reset of hypothalamus will change any of that. I do know that at 115 I can get into all my clothes, and while I still had a tummy and some 'muffin tops' I felt really comfortable. And let's be honest, I'm 62 and can't expect to look like I did at 30. My body has been thru too may childbirths, breastfeeding and weight fluctuations to have it look good without clothes on no matter how much I weigh! I'll settle for feeling great in clothes.

hekare, I have considered moving my goal weight up to 120, but at this point I'm still resisting. Funny you should mention how much thinner you look at this weight than you did years ago. I'm sensing the exact same thing! When I was younger, I used to think I looked chubby at 120, now I'm thinking I look great! Is that for real, or my mind playing games with me? I do think that my body right now is struggling to get below this 120-122 level, as that was always my set point in my weight fluctuation history. But I'm going to try and press on for the near future.

Starting R3 May 22

Height 5'2"

LIW Round 2 was 115.4
    Stabilized just fine in P3 this time. Kept it off for almost a year then fell off the wagon.

R/P/M
    Injections
    Good morning all!

Busy day here on the thread yesterday. LOVE all the reading and activity. Well, dd made it home last night, she looks wonderful and it is so good to have her under my roof for a few weeks. Of course, I am still the "clueless mother" on all things that are "important" in her life, but hey at 65 I think I am keeping up better with understanding her needs than my 60 y.o.dh.

Of course, I had to dance around the "gifts" she brought home from New York. She went to 4 of her favorite and different cupcake shops in NY, and bought home her favorites flavors from each for her brother and his finance and us. Faked my way out of eating any, they ranged in size from a quarter to a small mountain. Went an ate a half a melba instead with 32ozs of water== not the same satisfaction rate. However so much safer. And more importantly she wasn't the wiser. Thankfully they are all out of house now, as most of them went to her brother and into my dh stomach.

Scales issue. I follow this rountine with the scale daily. Get up use the bathroom, get weighed, get off, get on, get off, get on. Take that last number, go feed the dog, give myself my injection, return to the bathroom, get re-weighed 2 more times and take the final number as my days weight. All I can say for myself, I should have cared so much about my weight when I was busy gaining it all back!! Lesson to be learned FOREVER!! GET WEIGHED EACH AND EVERY DAY-- REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU ARE AFRAID IT WILL SAY.

As far as the issue with clothes, I think we all cope when we are over-weight, and yes whether it is hinding underneath things that are too big, not spending money on big size clothes, taking less of an interest in our appearance, it all boils down to our feelings of self-worth. So hcg paves the way to looking better, feeling better and once again, we all become women who value our appearance, and how we present ourselves to the world. When we know we look good, we all carry ourselves in our posture with more confidence, so here is to each and eveyone of us getting to that point or for those who are there (hekare) staying there and never going back! My new mantra is never going back.

So today is my 40th injection and 46 day on P2, the way I figure it I have about 7 or 8 more days on P2 and that will put me at 6-7 more injections with skipping one more day . I am down another -.3 today, with my ritual of on and off the scale routine. Whever I end up, I end up, sure I would be thrilled to make it out of the 150's but I know I will be doing at least 2 more rounds to get to where I should weigh, and even that weight of 120 is still 5 - 10 lbs higher than my all time low weight of 109 back in 1986 at 39 y.o. I am not sure I can ever get there again, and frankly at 65 I would be more than happy to reach 120 and be toned and not have any jigglly parts.

angie glad you are exteding the diet out to the weekend, you will so much happier with where you end up. Have you looked into renting a car to get your son to school, or sharing a ride like hodo suggested. How far away is his school? With AAA or other type of discounts and scheduling it as far out as possible you may be able to get some low rates.

sherrys It is called be human, savor the tasate and you are back on POP, so not only will you get to the 11 lbs you will go way beyond it.

travelmom Everyone has given tons of suggestions on where to buy Waldon farms,so one more, I also think safeway carries it. I hate being school teacherish, but breen beans are not on plan!

releasing, Read the Vibrate page it reminds me of the 70's program called EST. It sounds like a good way to spend the day. Do me a favor shoot your scale!! lol Has the tracking info changed for when your books arrive? Will they get there in time?

lysma And the number for the day is...... how much closer to 180 ??

hekare Nice to show off the new and better you. Great for all the hard work into losing is paying off with compliments,, WAY TO LOSE !! I decided on my goal weight this time to be as close to 120 as I can get, my average lifetime low not lowest weight has always been 115-125. But that was years ago at a much younger age, so I am shooting for the half way point of 120.

hondo Glad I didn't have to run up to NY and also sorry that we missed the oppurtunity to met-up. We will get to meet, I have faith in that. Glad you are feeling good about your how you look in clothes again, yourself and appearance. Have you tried any of the break the stall tactics? I honestly think you are at a plateau/stall point . How about moving the scale? But if you are as phobia obsessed as I am you haven't moved it from it original place.

Frustrating as it is, hang tough, you have to be dropping inches if not pounds, and in the end I'll take the inches, because that's what people see- not your weight on the scale!!
    Age 65 Hgt: 5'2.5" Rx- injections
    Goal 120 to 125

Apr 2008 or 2009 40 day inj 186 ~ 149 1 rd
    Apr 2011 120 days drops 184 ~ 133.5 2 rds
    June 2012 40 days inj 179 ~ 150 1 rd by 12/31/12~146.3
    Feb 2013 40 days inj 158

P1: 2/2 154.8 Start WGT: P2 2/4 Load WGT 157.8
    VLCD P2 Wk1: 157.8 ~148.9 inc Load wgt <8.9>
    VLCD P2 Wk2: 148.9 ~146.4 wk loss <2.5>
    VLCD P2 Wk3: 146.4 ~145.3 wk loss <1.1>
    TODAY (3/1) 18-23 lbs to goal

R/P/M
    R3/P2/SubQ
    Quote Originally Posted by 3TimeGirl View Post

Scales issue. I follow this rountine with the scale daily. Get up use the bathroom, get weighed, get off, get on, get off, get on. Take that last number, go feed the dog, give myself my injection, return to the bathroom, get re-weighed 2 more times and take the final number as my days weight. All I can say for myself, I should have cared so much about my weight when I was busy gaining it all back!! Lesson to be learned FOREVER!! GET WEIGHED EACH AND EVERY DAY-- REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU ARE AFRAID IT WILL SAY.
    3T

Oh, this made my morning! I got such a good laugh at this, as it sounds so much like my morning scale routine! And yes, I have moved the scale around but it still doesn't do anything. This morning I actually carried it into the hallway (stark naked, mind you) to put it on a wooden floor rather than my tiled bathroom floor. Still no change. But sure glad neither of my kids happened to see that! (what teen woud have had their eyes open at 6:30AM during the summer?)

I'm having the "GET WEIGHED EACH AND EVERY DAY" imprinted on my forehead once I reach P3!!

Thanks for making my morning so enjoyable 3T!!

Starting R3 May 22

Height 5'2"

LIW Round 2 was 115.4

R/P/M
    First round will load this weekend
    Blog Entries
    I will be loading this weekend. Actually I have been eating three full meals a day all week as a preload. I am notorious for skipping meals so I did not want my body to totally freak out when I really begin loading. You will be a few days ahead of me but like you, I know it helps to have a support group. Good luck. Jim

R/P/M
    First round will load this weekend
    Blog Entries
    How do I get one of those trackers on my profile?

Good Morning Everyone,

This is the 2nd time I'm replying. It froze and I have to start all over. Oh well.
    How is everyone doing? I'm down .2 from my cheat and I'm NOT going to do that again. Not worth it.

3T and Hondo I also laughed because that sounds like me. I finally gave up and 2x's is my max weighing in the a.m unless I have a bm and then I hope that will take off a few ounces. Always think I'm not full of it now. LOL
    3T great job of side stepping the mountain sized cupcakes. Way to Go!!!!!!!

Hondo thank you for the Target bottle heads up. I'll go look this afternoon if I'm not too worn out from the heat. I have a Dr's appt w/nose/ear and throat dr to get established so might be able to run over to Target after that. WOW only 7 lbs to go. Sounds like they are the hardest but your so close to goal. Wahhhoooo!

Angie congrag on .4 down. Every little bit counts and someday you'll be at goal.

hekare 3 lbs to go to your goal. WOW both you and Hondo are soooo close and you'll do it.

Releasing......... Looking forward to Sat. Dr Oz show was an eyeopener. I never knew there were guys who would pay them online to watch them gorge on food. 2 of them said they liked the way they looked. I'm sorry I can't believe deep down they are happy with their size if for nothing else their health. The psychiatrist asked them and all overweight women one question that was very hard for some to answer. WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE WORTHLESS? Can any of you relate to the question even if you weren't verbally told that as a child, but you perceived it? That hit home with me and I knew right away. He said it's how it starts w/overeating of that feeling of low self worth. Interesting. Dr Oz sure has some good shows.

If the scale didn't move have patience because tomorrow is another day AND we didn't put this fat on overnight so it won't all go away fast either. Good advice 3T about loosing it in inches not always in pounds. HANG IN TERE! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
    HCG sublingual tablets. Start date VLCD July 27. Starting weight 187
    Freedom is just another word for nothing else to loose. Janis Joplin

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyhxfSY/]