Popular Pages

Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Would love some buddies!!!. Starting to Load Today..

R/P/M
    R1/P2/drops (Releana)
    Aimyee - Ditto Beth's comment: Hope I didn't sound too harsh either. Don't want to see you suffer needless hunger etc - or use up the bottle too quickly!! I don't know about the skipping a day as I've never done it.

Releasinglbs - I've kind of forgotten Oriental as a food choice LOL. Even the Liquid Aminos make me retain water! Also GOOD NEWS on my MIC-B shots! since I am still on the first bottle of Releana for six weeks, I wondered if that meant I would need to pay extra to continue the shots....but they said I don't! As long as I am on Releana, I continue to come weekly for the shot! And I was all ready to pay extra! Have fun this weekend!

Hondo1 - In the interests of total disclosure: My first husband walked out on me when I was 8 months pregnant with my second child.... I barely ate! I got way too thin - but rebounded when my life got a little happier.... Heartache has a way of taking off the weight! Just a BAD way to lose. I love Penzey's too! They have a gift box called "KIND" that has 4 spices in it. I use all of them and have already bought more of Mural of Flavors. I need to go back again and get a larger bottle of Forward. I love it on chicken. I've been butterflying chicken breasts, dipping them in chicken broth, sprinkling them with Forward and having DH cook up a batch on the charcoal grill. We have a Big Green Egg smoker/grill LOVE IT... anyway, I freeze some of the chicken so I've got some protein when I need it....

Angie - Congrats and enjoy the P3 meals! I LOVE avocado... I find that I DON'T miss the sugary sweets, but I DO miss oily things like avocados, salmon, nuts, bacon etc.....

jbcsa - include lots of FATS in the loading.... have a piece of cheese cake from the Cheese Cake Factory for us!!

AFM - down .6 today - so I guess my taco seasoning splurge is back under control... Went to the doctor today for my weigh-in and they show I've lost 25 lbs.... from my morning weigh-ins, I'm at 24.4... I am hoping to hit the 25 lbs mark by Saturday.... I told DH that I plan to lose 4 more lbs than whatever my goal weigh ends up being because I know as soon as I am not monitoring my sodium, I will gain 1-2 lbs from the salt and don't want to be dieting that off every other day. I want to diet off any real weigh gain - but not water weight gain if that makes any sense....

Going with DD to scope out a new apartment this afternoon!
    Height: 5'4" ~ Age: 62 ~ 06/30/12: 218.2
    {-10.4 Wk 1 = 207.8} {-2.8 Wk 2 = 205} {-4.0 Wk 3 = 201} {-1.2 Wk 4 = 199.8} {-4.2 Wk 5 = 195.6} {-2.4 Wk 6 = 193.2} {-2.2 Wk 7 = 191} {-2.8 Wk 8 = 188.2} {-.8 Wk 9 =187.4} {-3.4 Wk 10 = 184} {-2.4 Wk 11 = 181.6}
    9/16/12 -1.0 = 180.6
    LDW 180.6
    Total Loss on Drops = 37.6 lbs.
    9/17/12 -.2 = 180.4
    9/18/12 -.6 = 179.8
    Total Loss = 38.4 lbs.

R/P/M
    Injections
    Hey there everyone,

Sorry for the late entry. Glad everyone has posted all the days news.

FINALLY --Hondo Told you it would drop!! Life is good and the scale has avoided death! Well what did you buy, and how much did you try on! ?? Feeling good huh?

lysma Oh happy day - you'll be back to .-4 days again and bye bye 190's.. Hope you are feeling better today.

releasing Have a great time and be safe.

angie. You have done so very well on this round, hoping that you don't disappear since you are leader in the P3 world. Any luck finding a resonable rental to get your son off to school? More importantly how do you feel today. Think it was stress??

aimyee You will do just great, and like evryone, we will be here to help you celebrate the losses and the not so fun days. But trust me you will make it out of the 2's-- there is nothing to fear..

sherrys looks like you made it offical a 10+ lb loss to date Enjoy your weekend too.

hekare No word today, just busy??. Getting down to the wire on ending P2-- happy or nervous? Planned your first meal yet?? I am sure you are even skinner today. Seems to be good loss day for almost all.

lisabythesea and jbcsa We all suffered thru loading, Get the things you crave normally out of your system, but high sugar foods aren't the best choice. Go for high fats- bacon-pizza-cheesecake- milkshakes. You will end up feeling like a beached whale when it is all said and done, but it really helps you the first week of P2, And your body will detox most of those days. Not wanting to put you off, but you may have headaches those first days on P2 as well.

Just get thru these two days, and we will all be here for the next part.

AFM- down a modest -.2 today, to 152.3. Have a good one! By the way, has anyone heard from cayako( she might have left to go to see her mom) or

cynanne since she went to the Dr. on Monday for her heart monitor??
    I keep hoping she has been in touch with one of us.
    Last edited by 3TimeGirl; August 9th, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
    Age 65 Hgt: 5'2.5" Rx- injections
    Goal 120 to 125

Apr 2008 or 2009 40 day inj 186 ~ 149 1 rd
    Apr 2011 120 days drops 184 ~ 133.5 2 rds
    June 2012 40 days inj 179 ~ 150 1 rd by 12/31/12~146.3
    Feb 2013 40 days inj 158

P1: 2/2 154.8 Start WGT: P2 2/4 Load WGT 157.8
    VLCD P2 Wk1: 157.8 ~148.9 inc Load wgt <8.9>
    VLCD P2 Wk2: 148.9 ~146.4 wk loss <2.5>
    VLCD P2 Wk3: 146.4 ~145.3 wk loss <1.1>
    TODAY (3/1) 18-23 lbs to goal

Thanks releasinglbs and Lysma!

I just checked and I am taking the same dosage on RELEANA is 0.25 ml twice a day. I was just thinking one thing and didn't verify on the bottle. but yep, I'm taking the .25 ml twice daily.. Thanks for the support!! I'm glad I found this group as some of my friends are very skeptical of this plan. thanks again!

R/P/M
    R1/P2/drops (Releana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimyee View Post
    Thanks releasinglbs and Lysma!

I just checked and I am taking the same dosage on RELEANA is 0.25 ml twice a day. I was just thinking one thing and didn't verify on the bottle. but yep, I'm taking the .25 ml twice daily.. Thanks for the support!! I'm glad I found this group as some of my friends are very skeptical of this plan. thanks again!
    We're glad you're here too. I also had friends trying to discourage me.... Here I am six weeks later and 25 pounds light and still losing. It works! Just hang in there. We all wish it could be faster....but it took a long tome to gain the weight and will take time to lose it. This is the best I've ever done at losing weight. The success makes it easier to resist temptation. You will show the skeptics!!
    {-10.4 Wk 1 = 207.8} {-2.8 Wk 2 = 205} {-4.0 Wk 3 = 201} {-1.2 Wk 4 = 199.8} {-4.2 Wk 5 = 195.6} {-2.4 Wk 6 = 193.2} {-2.2 Wk 7 = 191} {-2.8 Wk 8 = 188.2} {-.8 Wk 9 =187.4} {-3.4 Wk 10 = 184} {-2.4 Wk 11 = 181.6}
    9/16/12 -1.0 = 180.6
    LDW 180.6
    9/17/12 -.2 = 180.4
    9/18/12 -.6 = 179.8
    Total Loss = 38.4 lbs.

Hondo1 Congrag your scale is moving down again. Way to go.
    Couldn't find the bottle at Target (I never find anything at Target) so went to Bed Bath and Beyond and found it. $3.99. I used it today and I like it. I don't need to fill it up. I really like it and thank you for recommending it.

i think the HCG is what takes away the enjoyment of of load days. I know I had to force myself. Had I not been on the HCG I think I would of enjoyed it.

Hope everyone is having a good evening. One day and one pound at a time.
    HCG sublingual tablets. Start date VLCD July 27. Starting weight 187
    Freedom is just another word for nothing else to loose. Janis Joplin

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyhxfSY/]

3T I'm 25% toward my goal. That's a big chunk looking at it that way. 10 down in 2 wks. I'd love to loose 5 lbs a wk but I'll take what ever loss I can large or small. At least I'm going in the right direction.

I'm looking forward to meeting Beth Sat and having a lot of laughs at the workshop.
    Hope you have a great weekend. Tomorrow I"m taking the U of Phoenix stadium tour where the Cardinals play. It's about 1 mile of walking and everyone I've talked to says it's awesome.
    HCG sublingual tablets. Start date VLCD July 27. Starting weight 187
    Freedom is just another word for nothing else to loose. Janis Joplin

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyhxfSY/]

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Rx Inj
    I am such a tard. So this past week I was really sick Tuesday night and I just couldn't figure it out! All this week I have just been feeling off and sick to my stomach and just having a literal bad taste in my mouth! I kinda felt like I did after I did that fat fast. The thought of P2 food just made me want to vomit! I couldn't even get excited about P3 at all. That with the stress of my car situation is what made me prolong my round until tomorrow. Well I have made some headway! Last night the family ordered pizza and being the genius I am decided to eat it. *smacks forehead* I ate the 3 smallest slices out of a medium box of pepperoni!! I thought maybe if I eat something different this taste in my mouth would go away. I literally couldn't even get my water down because everything tasted so bad. I thought I was just P2'd out! So, I ate the pizza and it was fantastic. LOL The taste was still in my mouht though!! I was so pissed b/c I couldn't get it to go away. The only thing I was doing differently was wearing my birth control patch! I thought maybe that is it, but I've had it previously so that idea went out the window. Then I remembered that my doctor gave me a new medicine b/c I had a bacterial infection! Tada!! I googled the side effects and plain as day it said upset stomach, dizziness, and metallic taste in mouth I didn't take my does that day and this morning I feel fantastic!!

So the good thing is I can now eat and drink without this feeling of doom! The bad thing is I still ate the damn pizza! So I am up .4 today. Tomorrow is LIW and I am downing water as we speak. Okay I am now ready for all the kicks to my a**!!! LOL
    R1: Started 06/23/12
    SW: 156.6
    LIW: 131.8 (-26.8)

Attempted a round 2 in September 2012, but it was a disaster to say the least. I am now in the right mind to get back on it!

Round 2: SW: 157
    VLCD1: 156.6

Goal- 125
    SSG- 115!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

R/P/M
    R3/P2/SubQ
    Oh Angie No ass kicks for you! Tough lesson you learned though. I can just smell the pizza and it smells awfully good!. No harm done really when you look at the long view. Is .4 going to make that much of a difference really? Look at how far you've come. And I'm so glad you figured out what the cause of your tummy problem was and that you're feeling better.

sherrys: 1/4 of the way there - awesome. Doesn't that feel good? Such a positive way of looking at it rather than saying oh I still have so much more to go. And 10lbs in 2 weeks is prob about as good as it gets! Hope you and Beth had a great time together. Glad you found the little salad bottles at BB&B - didn't even realize they sold them there.

Aimyee: Glad you're on the right dose. And I know what you mean about people being skeptical about this diet. I don't really want to hear about it, so I don't bother even telling them what i'm doing. I just thank them if they say something nice about how I look. If they ask specifics about the diet, I pretty much say that I've given up all processed foods, all grains and fat and carbos. That shuts em pretty quick! Or they ask "what's left?" Duh, protein, fruit and veggies. I think I've gotten too old to worry about what they think. It only needs to work for me. I'm not telling them to do the same diet I am, and I don't appreciate when they tell me it doesn't work, it'snot good for you, etc. It's not like they really KNOW anything about the diet, they're mostly just spouting what they've heard, what they think, etc. And if they have any kind of weight problem, they've probably jealous!
    OK, I'll get off my soapbox now

3Time: Thanks for the congrats on my loss yesterday. It felt so good! Had a great time yesterday afternoon. My DD and I went to get pedicures so our toesies would look nice at the beach. Then I ditched her to go shopping by myself (otherwise she would have become the focus of the shopping and this was for me!) Got a really cute tee shirt at J Crew and a sleeveless silky black and while print shirt to wear with either black or white pants that I love and can't wait to wear. (I live in black and white clothes, I swear. My DH says I could open my own store with the amount of black pants I own, but of course some are skinny ones, some are fat ones, some I wear with heels, some with flats, summer, winter, and on and on....you get the picture. No matter how thin or chunky I am, I'll never, ever, ever give up black pants) Then to top it off, I saw these orange suede flats with yellow piping around the instep that I just had to have. I figured with all the black and white i wear, I could wear them with a lot. Great shopping afternoon.
    And I see you'r getting closer and closer to to the 140's! Yeah!

Lysma: What a heartbreaking story regarding your first husband. What an asshole. (excuse me) Doesn't get much worse than walking out at the point when he did. No wonder you weighed 106. Funny that heartbreak made you lose weight - it makes me gain! (well, everything makes me gain - I'll eat in sadness or happiness. I'm not very selective I guess!)
    Hey, someone who knew I liked Penzey's gave me the gift box you mentioned called KIND. I've only tried 2 of them and liked both so am looking forward to the other 2. I hadn't thought of dipping the chicken into broth before adding the spices, but it makes perfect sense because the spices probably stick a lot better. Thanks for the idea. How the apartment with DD?
    I told my DH this year that I wanted one of the Big Green Egg smokers for our anniversary this year. He blew me off, said it wasn't a good anniversary gift. I'll just have to go out and buy one for myself next summer! We have a friend who has one and the food off it is great and he loves his. I think it's so great looking too !

releasing: Hope your trip is a blast. So cool that you get to meet sherrys too. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

hekare: where are you? You OK? Check in when you get a chance.

So AFM, I'm on a roll....down .6 this morning. Still doing the scale dance, but again it didn't budge. Wonder why some days it does and some others it's rock solid. I did buy one of the portable ones from Amazon to take on vacation with me, but not sure how good it's going to be. It's so damn small that my feet don't fit on it, and I only wear a size 6! (Would hate to see a guy with big feet try to balance on it) Plus it weighed me almost a half pound heavier than my regular scale (I put them right next to each other to test) so I'm sure i'm not going to like it!
    But all in all, life is good today. Busy getting ready to go on vacation tomorrow....ugh, the laundry, packing up all our stuff to take. Glad DH is home to help. I was thinking about bringing a lot of work with me, but decided to blow it off - I need a real vacation! I just hope I still have some clients when I get back!

Hope everyone had a good day today. Happy TGIF!
    Last edited by Hondo1; August 10th, 2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Starting R3 May 22

Height 5'2"
    R3 Start Weight: 130

R1 April 2011 - a Bust. Long story.
    R2 June 2012/P2 for 57 days.
    LIW Round 2 was 115.4
    Stabilized just fine in P3 this time. Kept it off for almost a year then fell off the wagon.

R/P/M
    R2/ drops
    Blog Entries
    Hi all, sorry I've been MIA. Crazy busy end to this week. I had those couple days of good losses, and then .2 today, which I'm taking as a sign that ToM is incoming, so I'm calling yesterday's LDW. Wading through these last couple days of VLCD and then on to P3! I'll check in when I have a computer instead of my phone.
    Stay well and skinny!

R2 Goal: 20 lbs./ Wk 1: 5.6/ Wk. 2: 4.4/ Wk. 3: 1 (PI)/ Wk 4: 3.4/ Wk 5: 3

R/P/M
    R1/P2/drops (Releana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo1 View Post
    Lysma: What a heartbreaking story regarding your first husband. What an asshole. (excuse me) Doesn't get much worse than walking out at the point when he did. No wonder you weighed 106. Funny that heartbreak made you lose weight - it makes me gain! (well, everything makes me gain - I'll eat in sadness or happiness. I'm not very selective I guess!)
    Like so many things in life - it turned out to be for the best. he died YOUNG about 10 yrs ago of cirrhosis - guess all the drinking finally did him in. He tried to re-connect with my kids - but he was a stranger to them and they didn't want anything to do with him. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND....

Hey, someone who knew I liked Penzey's gave me the gift box you mentioned called KIND. I've only tried 2 of them and liked both so am looking forward to the other 2. I hadn't thought of dipping the chicken into broth before adding the spices, but it makes perfect sense because the spices probably stick a lot better. Thanks for the idea.
    The spices do stick better with the chicken broth.... I also use it to sauté veggies etc... Just a bit. It adds a lot of flavor to them. I like Forward on the chicken and I've used small bottle of Mural of Flavors up. I add it to salads and I've even put a sprinkle in scrambled eggs. (On Releana, we can have 1 egg + 1 egg white on occasion...) One of my favorite "snacks" these days is to slice up an apple, and sprinkle it with "Apple Pie Spice". DH and the kids think I'm obsessed with Penzey's.

How the apartment with DD?
    Found a PERFECT one! Current renter's lease is up in October and DD put a deposit down on it. The building is brand new and located in a up-scale suburban area. It's located along a "trail" constructed along an old railroad line. Wide enough for bikes and joggers and is really popular. The building is a 4-story, square shape with a courtyard in the middle that has a pool and grilling area for the residents. There's an underground parking garage and bike storage area. The 1st floor of the building is retail. There are several trendy restaurants, a 24 hr fitness center, beauty salons, a fro-yo.... Anyone can move about the first floor, but residents have a key fob that activates elevator access to the upper floors....so a safe environment. The residents can use private library, billiards parlor, movie theater, party are with kitchen, executive business center.... Each unit has a full size washer and dryer, walk in closet, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances... Very luxe! The model of her floor plan is also on the third floor about 6 doors down from her actual apt....so we could check out the view: There are retail shops, bars, restaurants etc across the street. There's a lot of patio seating....and so many people out and about. If you take the trail south for a couple of blocks, there's another huge retail/entertainment area that has the largest farmer's market in the surrounding area. The whole one-mile area is the "in place" to live and socialize... Lots of young professional people. DD is going shopping with a GF today to scope out some new furniture. It's a really small one bedroom - and she wants different furniture...wants to go more luxe-contemporary to fit the environment.... No room for her dining room furniture. The new apt has a peninsula bar.. But it was the only 1 bedroom that's coming available in the near future.

I told my DH this year that I wanted one of the Big Green Egg smokers for our anniversary this year. He blew me off, said it wasn't a good anniversary gift. I'll just have to go out and buy one for myself next summer! We have a friend who has one and the food off it is great and he loves his. I think it's so great looking too !
    We out our BGE a couple of years ago. Try googling Big Green Egg events or Eggfest in your area. They have events where BGE enthusiasts cook their fav recipes and DH can sample some of the results. They usually have SALE prices on the BGE's at those events too! We have a local chef that has a BGE restaurant that incorporates cooking lessons. So much fun! A small group of about 16 people.... He cooks the menu items up while you sip wine or beer and you eat the meal. You get all his recipes via e-mail after the event. The meals are usually themed: New England Sea Food, West Coast Sea Food, Barbecue, Desserts, Foot-ball Party, Thanksgiving on the BGE etc.... Needless to say - I am restricted to the basic grilling at the moment! Our best turkey EVER has come off the BGE. If you decide to buy one, let me know and I will e-mail BGE recipes and links to you. On Thanksgiving, we always do a 16-hour smoker pulled pork the day before while we brine the turkey - and then put the turkey on the smoker first thing in the morning....
    Hondo1 - Enjoy your vacation! NEVER take work on vacation. It defeats the purpose. You need the break!

SherryS - I liked your comment at looking at the percentage of weight you've lost. Makes me feel much better to know I am 1/3 of the way there!

Angie- DH baked a frozen pizza last night and it nearly drove me CRAZY. I had to eat an extra fruit! Yum!

I've spent the last few days busy with kids and grandkids... Ended up with a modest 2.4 lb loss for the week. But that seems to follow my pattern of one really good week of losses followed by one so-so week with some days that I don't lose anything. I just stick to the plan and try not to get frustrated by it all. It seems like I struggle at the 10 lbs incremental marks... I hate having to focus so much thought/time on dieting.

BUT HEY - I AM STILL DOING A HAPPY DANCE. According to my doctor's scale I had lost 25 lbs total on Thursday - and according to MY scale (and morning weigh-in) I've hit the 25 lbs total loss this morning on my 6 week anniversary of RELEANA. My weight loss results don't match the doctor's because he weighed me before loading and I started keeping track after loading on the morning of my first VLCD....

So - Happy weight-loss for the weekend!!
    9/16/12 -1.0 = 180.6
    LDW 180.6
    9/17/12 -.2 = 180.4
    9/18/12 -.6 = 179.8
    Total Loss = 38.4 lbs.