Popular Pages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I know which HCG diet program is the best?

How do I know which HCG diet program is the best?

Iíve been torn between the Simeonís diet plan and the diet plan the clinic I signed up with has prescribed. Because my friend is a doctor who has struggled with his weight all his life, but has lost 80 lbs with the HCG Simeonís protocol, I decided to follow Simeonís protocol or diet. However, by day 10, I started to get pretty weak and run down. The clinic I purchased the HCG from told me itís because 500 calories was way too low and Iím losing muscle and so they convinced me to follow their program, which was 900-1200 calories a day and included protein shakes and egg whites in the morning. On Simeonís approach, I lost 8lbs in the 10 days. Since Iíve switched to the clinicís diet program, Iíve plateaued and now Iím up Ĺ a pound. Iím really torn and not sure what to do. I donít really have a lot of faith in the nurse that Iíve been talking to from the clinic. Sheís obviously overworked and doesnít have a lot of patience for my questions. So Iím thinking of going back to the 500 calorie diet, after 4 days of 900-1200 calories. Has anyone else done this? And will this screw up my metabolism by doing this? I feel really lost and still have 25lbs to lose. I was really excited to see my weight going down each day. Now Iím bummed with this new dilemma.

It's been really quite frustrating to have such vague diets to follow. I don't do well with instructions like a cup of vegetables or mixed vegetables, but no criteria for off limits vegetables is given. Also, fruit, is it only an apple, orange, or possibly a handful of strawberries? What about raspberries instead of strawberries, or maybe blackberries? I just need a more descriptive diet plan. With either of these, there's too much room for me to make a mistake because something wasn't clear and that's frustrating.

Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Lastly, since Iíve started the clinics diet, I hate to admit this but I've become constipated. Iíve taken the magnesium tablets and flax seed daily that the nurse recommended but nothing yet after 4 days. What next? I just don't know what to do tomorrow. I'm seriously considering going back to the 500 calorie approach that made me tired, and hopefully I'll start losing again.

R/P/M
    lost 75 lbs, regained 15, now on Dr Kruse's leptin plan and have lost 12
    Of course go back to the real diet! Your clinic's diet is a joke. It's not too late to resume the 500 calories.

Have you read Dr. Simeon's protocol, Pounds & Inches? It's long, but essential for you to understand how and why the diet works. Here's a link:
    http://hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Simeon...and-Inches.htm

Constipation is a fact for many on this diet, because of the small amount of food and fiber. Laxative are ok, as long as they have no sugar. You can search for other threads about that, using the search box at top right.

There's nothing vague about the food allowed. Except for tomatoes, the vegetables are so low calorie that you can usually eat all you want. You shouldn't be very hungry, so you won't overeat.
    Eat only what's on the list below if you want to be sure to lose weight fast. Some people can substitute other foods, but many can't. It slows them down.
    Dr. Simeon picked certain foods as those that allow most people to lose well. Some that you'd think would work, like substituting turkey for chicken, can cause your weight loss to stall. We're not exactly sure why. We know the foods below work, so stick with them for the best results.

Here's Dr. Simeon's list of foods - but you don't have to eat them in the order listed, you can have a fruit for breakfast, etc :

Breakfast: Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

Lunch: 1. 100 grams (3.5 oz) of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.

2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

3. One breadstick (grissino) or one Melba toast.

4. An apple, orange, or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Dinner : The same four choices as lunch (above.)

The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for all purposes.

Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, majoram, etc., may be used for seasoning, but no oil, butter or dressing.

Tea, coffee, plain water, or mineral water (2 liters of water per day is recommended) are the only drinks allowed, but they may be taken in any quantity and at all times.

The fruit or the breadstick may be eaten between meals instead of with lunch or dinner, but not more than than four items listed for lunch and dinner may be eaten at one meal.

The 500 calorie limit must always be maintained.

2 small apples are not an acceptable exchange for “1 apple.”

Very occasionally we allow egg - boiled, poached or raw - to patients who develop an aversion to meat, but in this case they must add the white of three eggs to the one they eat whole.

Cottage cheese made from skimmed milk is available 100 grams may occasionally be used instead of the meat

Thank you, Desertgirl, for taking the time to respond. Your words encouraged me to go straight back to the Simeons diet. After 3 days of not losing anything, but staying exactly the same, today I weighed myself and have lost almost 2.5 pounds. So I'm finally heading in the right direction and feel motivated again.

Thank you again for your help and for taking the time to post.

R/P/M
    R2, P2, SubQ
    Blog Entries
    I get my hcg from a clinic too - they suggest 700 cal day but I decided to follow Dr. S. - 500 calories daily. Glad I did too. I did feel really tired/dizzy on day 7 & 8 but increased my protein slightly and felt much better by day 9 (adjusted dose down too due to hunger) The best advice I have is to listen to your body and make protein adjustments and dosage adjustments if hungry- you will find the weight gone in no time.

R3
    6/27/11 R3P2D1 vlcd 180.2 (after 6 day load: yikes!)
    D2 177.2 -3
    D3 176 -1.2
    D4 174.8 -1.2
    D5 175 +.2

R2
    4/23/11 R2P2D1 vlcd 184.4
    (short hcg round- 1 week then no hcg and high fat/mod protein)
    5/30 start of wk 4 maintenance 172.5
    end of maintenance 172 -12.4

R1
    1/5/11 D1 221.8 -38lbs (66 days)

Blog Entries
    Your words encouraged me to go straight back to the Simeons diet. After 3 days of not losing anything, but staying exactly the same, today I weighed myself and have lost almost 2.5 pounds. So I'm finally heading in the right direction and feel motivated again.

Tell that clinic you want a refund.

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sabina View Post
    your words encouraged me to go straight back to the simeons diet. After 3 days of not losing anything, but staying exactly the same, today i weighed myself and have lost almost 2.5 pounds. So i'm finally heading in the right direction and feel motivated again.

tell that clinic you want a refund.
    this
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

I'd hate to ask for a refund, simply because the clinic I signed up with has a site with a forum of their own and they're on facebook with people claiming they've lost weight on their diet. From the beginning, they seemed to be following a safe process by having a doctor interview me briefly, and then a nurse called me to cover any further questions I might have. They did also send me a cookbook and the shakes and oil which was part of their protocol. While I wouldn't be surprised if thier diet did work for other people, it just didn't for me [or maybe just slower than I cared for]and I really do think those shakes were what constipated me. However, I do still get my HCG supply for them and am pretty confident that, at least that is safe since they did go through the trouble of establishing policies and procedures that involved a doctor and a nurse, and the injections are working for me. To go on line and try and find another safe place to purchase the Hcg injections sounds scary to me. So I think I'll at least continue to use their HCG and continue using the Simeon's protocol since I'm losing a pound a day right now.

R/P/M
    P4 of R8, subq injections
    They did also send me a cookbook and the shakes and oil which was part of their protocol.
    BIG red flag, because they are making lots of money on those items. if they thought they were really necessary, they would just tell you to buy shakes and oil. btw, stalls are normal- but 900-1200 is a huge difference. some clinics will add a protein shake or two, but that only gets you up to around 700 (with 2). if you're on 1200 i'm not sure the hcg would be doing anything at all, at that point. but people are still going to lose weight- especially if they ate high-carb before.
    Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f19/buying-hcg-where-do-i-start-39144/

Shopping my closet again! susanbaz's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2/P4-SubQ Hucog, then Corion (liked hucog better)
    Blog Entries
    gagegrrl I went to a clinic for my first round and found this forum when I was almost through with the VLCD/P2 and THANK goodness I did. They were recommending a P3 completely different than Dr. S's that would have been a disaster..and sent me back to them for another round, no doubt.

If you were feeling awful, it may possibly have been detoxing if you ate lots of junk food, restaurant food or other things with sugar and chemicals...OR, it could have been you dose.

Clinics do not know about adjusting doses, and that is the #1 reason for not feeling right on the diet.

Did they include B-12 shots with their protocol?

I know I was feeling run down on both of my P2's and B-12 shots helped, as did making sure I was taking vitamins AND minerals, plus extra magnesium, potassium, calcium and some taurine...in fact, if I miss a day of supplements, I feel it the next day....
    R1 PreLoad 117
    LIW 106.4
    P3 D21 104.4
    P4 104.2-106.6

R2
    @ LOSS OF 8 POUNDS
    LIW R1 = 106
    LIW R2 = 100.2
    Start P3 - 99.2
    Start P4 - 101.0

R/P/M
    Round 1: first phase
    Hi,

I'm a newby and just bought my first bottle of drops today. The label says that there is a stimulent in the formula. I drink coffee every morning. Usually, I use choline and inositol to burn fat. I have never used a stimulant. I already have too much muscle, that's my problem. I was married to a really big bodybuilder and he was always pushing his diets on me. Now I want to get rid of some of this muscle. Any one have any suggestions as to how to adjust the diet so that I can burn the muscle and keep some of the fat.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast