Popular Pages

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Loaders starting Feb. 18/19??

Quote Originally Posted by browniepts View Post
    I did eat quite a bit of salsa, it didn't have sugar added to it. I also ate dill pickles. I think back when they came up with the original protocol, Dr Simmeons had probably never even heard of salsa. My favourite right now is dipping my chicken breast into mustard.
    Brownie, Im sure your right lol. One thing that I find funny about this diet is how it changes your taste buds. I H-A-T-E mustard, but at the end of my last round decided to do a burger on lettuce with mustard and it was the best burger I ever had! Now I always have mustard on my burger... Ill have to try it with chicken. Did you use any sugar substitute in any of your rounds?

R/P/M
    maintenance
    Blog Entries
    I'm so excited and feel so silly for being so excited by this - but I just made a batch of ketchup and it is SO good!

I found it here:

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/homema...eo-condiments/

And I used ACV and excluded the cayenne. I was a little concerned about the flavor the cinnamon would give it, but it makes it more complex. I really like it. I had only found one ketchup that worked for P3 b/c it was sweetened w/xylitol, but it was SO runny and not all that fabulous. The thickness of this ketchup is perfect!

Ingredients

1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste;
    2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice;
    1/4 tsp dry mustard;
    1/3 cup water;
    1/4 tsp cinnamon;
    1/4 tsp salt;
    1 pinch ground cloves;
    1 pinch ground allspice;
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, optional;

Preparation

Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors develop and enjoy!

Anyway, lunch was 100g ground beef & minced garlic mixed with 2T of the ketchup - so yummy!

It's funny how very stuffed I feel after such a small amount of food. I can't even drink my entire 16 oz water bottle right now.
    Jo

Round 1 Oct-Nov 2011, lost 17.5#
    Round 2 14.5# lost
    Round 3 14# lost LDW 131.8

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Bodyshaper Drops
    Way to go everyone! I was down only .8 today but a loss is a loss. I'm sure I'm just full IF you know what I mean. Today I went to a bbq dinner with my husband. The caterer makes the best food! I stayed with a little pulled pork, little brisket and green beans. I figured I spent my protein at lunch so had a melba toast and 1/2 an apple for supper. I am counting my calories on Everyday Health. It helps keep me on track. I hope the extra protein doesn't hinder my loss tomorrow.
    starting weight 225.4 loading weight 228.4
    vlcd1 -3, vlcd2 -1.8, vlcd3 -2.4, vlcd4 -.8, vlcd5 -1.2, vlcd6, vlcd7, WEEK 1 -9.2
    vlcd8, vlcd9 +.4, vlcd10 -.4, vlcd11 -1.2, vlcd12 -1.4, vlcd13 +1.4, vlcd14 -.6, week 2 -2.8
    Vlcd15 -1.4, vlcd16-.2, vlcd17-.8, vlcd18 -1.0, vlcd19+.4, vlcd20

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HCG Activator
    A bit of a shock on the scale this morning - up .6 pounds. Not sure what happened. I have been consistently following the protocol to a T and had been doing well. Actually, I feel "lighter" so I'm not getting discouraged and chalking this up to the expected ups and downs. I'll be good again today (although the weekend is here.....) and expect the best tomorrow morning. Have a good day everyone.

Frank

after R1P2VLCD4: 8.6 #

R/P/M
    maintenance
    Blog Entries
    Frank, did you take measurements at the beginning? I didn't my first round and I so wish I had. If you haven't done that, it's a good idea - sometimes you're still losing inches even though the scale doesn't move.

As for me, I'm down another 1.4# but again, hard to be overly excited about it since if I had done a steak day after my vacation I would be lower than where I am right now. I mean, I'm glad the weight is coming off (and I'm .2# lower than my first loading-day weight), but it still causes me to be disappointed when I step on the scale and see that high number when I maintained at 137 for so long! Oh well! Hopefully by Monday I'll be back in the 130s.
    Jo

Round 2 14.5# lost

R/P/M
    R1/P2/HCG Activator
    I did take measurements a few months ago. They should be probably about the same as when I started early this week. I do feel like I have lost a bit of inches today, it just didn't show up in the scale.

Keep plugging away Mom2RooNBoo. Let's check in on Monday. You will be in the 130's and I will be 191-ish.

Hello all! Just checking in...so I'm on R1 VLCD day 5 and I am down a total of 9 pounds...5 from my pre load weight yay!!! I am doing all I can to hang in there and I did not take my measurments but I will today. I HAVE A QUESTIONS ABOUT VEGGIE PORTIONS???[/B] Do any of you have a link or chart with how much a serving of each approved veggie is? I am having trouble finding that info and I want to stick as close as possible to the protocal. Also, are any of you adding supplements?

R/P/M
    maintenance
    Blog Entries
    I don't have any info on veggie portion sizes, I just go with what seems reasonable. As for supplements - I add magnesium, potassium, B-12, and a probiotic. My first round left me with horrible, HORRIBLE leg cramps unlike anything I've ever experienced before (and I used to be a runner, with several 5Ks and a half-marathon under my belt!) - the magnesium and potassium helped a ton. I'm taking it every day already in hopes that I will avoid the leg cramps again, they were bad enough I wanted to quit the protocol and inhale a bunch of bananas.

I'm excited again - I found organic strawberries at the store. It's impossible to find them when they're out of season, so we haven't had any in the house in a long time! I also picked up a Zevia cream soda - it was good and I'm turning a blind eye to its BPA-laden aluminum can for today. It won't be something I have every day, for sure!
    Jo

Round 2 14.5# lost

R/P/M
    Round4 Phase2 Hhcg
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by acoull View Post
    Brownie, Im sure your right lol. One thing that I find funny about this diet is how it changes your taste buds. I H-A-T-E mustard, but at the end of my last round decided to do a burger on lettuce with mustard and it was the best burger I ever had! Now I always have mustard on my burger... Ill have to try it with chicken. Did you use any sugar substitute in any of your rounds?
    I use Stevia, I'm always running around the kitchen looking for my little bag of white powder . In P3 I use xylitol.

02-17-12/ 132
    02-19-12 /Loading day 1 134
    02-20-12/ Loading day 2 134.5
    02-21-12/ Loading day 3 135
    02-24-12/ VLCD3/ 130.5
    02-25-12/ VLCD 4/ 130
    02-29-12/ VLCD 7/ 129
    03-01-12/ VLCD 8/ 128.5
    http://www.alphahealth.ca/coconut.html
    http://hcgsilke.wordpress.com/

R/P/M
    Round4 Phase2 Hhcg
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2RooNBoo View Post
    I'm so excited and feel so silly for being so excited by this - but I just made a batch of ketchup and it is SO good!

I found it here:

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/homema...eo-condiments/

And I used ACV and excluded the cayenne. I was a little concerned about the flavor the cinnamon would give it, but it makes it more complex. I really like it. I had only found one ketchup that worked for P3 b/c it was sweetened w/xylitol, but it was SO runny and not all that fabulous. The thickness of this ketchup is perfect!

Ingredients

1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste;
    2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice;
    1/4 tsp dry mustard;
    1/3 cup water;
    1/4 tsp cinnamon;
    1/4 tsp salt;
    1 pinch ground cloves;
    1 pinch ground allspice;
    1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, optional;

Preparation

Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Refrigerate overnight to let the flavors develop and enjoy!

Anyway, lunch was 100g ground beef & minced garlic mixed with 2T of the ketchup - so yummy!

It's funny how very stuffed I feel after such a small amount of food. I can't even drink my entire 16 oz water bottle right now.
    I'm making that recipe right now!!!!!!!! Sounds wonderjul.

I work in a restaurant so going to work on this diet can be torturous some days. On the other hand, I have a personal chef at my hands ! Yesterday I asked him to get creative with 2 tomatoes, no fat added, he could use fresh herbs etc. He came up with a very tasty concoction. I added my chicken to it and it was delicious. I hope to be in the 120's by the weekend...... oh wait, it is the weekend. Okay, before the weekend is over.

Hope you all have a good weekend, I'm hoping for looser fitting pants soon, I popped the button on my work pants on my last day of loading and refuse to wear my "fat" pants again.

02-17-12/ 132
    02-19-12 /Loading day 1 134
    02-20-12/ Loading day 2 134.5
    02-21-12/ Loading day 3 135
    02-24-12/ VLCD3/ 130.5
    02-25-12/ VLCD 4/ 130
    02-29-12/ VLCD 7/ 129
    03-01-12/ VLCD 8/ 128.5
    http://www.alphahealth.ca/coconut.html
    http://hcgsilke.wordpress.com/

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast