Popular Pages

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Easter Sunday ~ April 8th. Anyone want to join me?

Quote Originally Posted by thinontheinside View Post
    MMMMMmmmmmm.....iced coffee! What a good idea!
    I seriously love a tall iced coffee in the morning!
    Starting size: 18
    Goal size: 8

R/P/M
    R1P2 SubQ
    Wow! Everyone is doing awesome! Congrats!!! I'm really not hungry altho my belly growled for the first about 9:30 this morning...so I ate my Melba. One thing that I really notice today though is fatigue. I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm sure it's just my body's reaction to no sugar.....I have a MAJOR sweet tooth! I thought I might have a problem getting my water in on weekdays because I'm a dental hygienist and can't get up from my patients to drink water and can't have it in the room with me, but I've actually drank more than what is recommended! I am having a little problem with the fruits and veggies. I'm allergic to apples. I go into full blown anaphylactic shock. So no apples for me. So that leaves oranges, strawberries and grapefruit. Not a fan of grapefruit. So pretty much limited to oranges and strawberries. I'm afraid I'll get burned out on them. As for veggies, I know cauliflower isn't on protocol but I ate it for lunch today. Love it steamed! I can't stand leafy greens without dressing and can't make it out of apple cider vinegar. Guess I'll have to find the dressing that's on protocol.
    I love reading everyone's post....such great ideas~!
    Continued sucess!!!

I wanted to share this with you all! i found it on another site. It is just a breakdown of the plan but it has really been helping me out. My eyes always glaze over when I read Pounds and Inches! lol

The HCG Diet most commonly refers to the protocol that British physician Dr. Simeon identified in the mid-1950's. He discovered that when administered daily, HCG patients could maintain their health through a low calorie diet. When on a low calorie diet without HCG, patients became irritable, had hunger cravings, weakness, and/or headaches.

The use of HCG in a diet will dispose of the abnormal fat first, which will allow for a visual transformation of the body. It also helps to correct the patient's metabolism which in turn will help the patient from gaining the weight back once off a restricted diet. However, in order to maintain a healthy weight after a weight loss program, one must continue to have a well balanced diet.

Dr Simeon's protocol requires you to eat fruit, vegetables and meat, fish or poultry. As with any diet your success is dependent on how closely you abide by the diet plan and consume only food and portion sizes allowed.

HCG Diet Phases

Phase 1
    Detoxification (optional)

Phase 2 (aka P2)
    - Days 1 & 2 - Start hCG injections, drops or pellets and begin high fat, high calorie diet. This is often called "loading" and is an essential step in resetting the body's fat regulating system.
    - Days 3-21 ( up to 42 days ) - Continue hCG that is now triggering the body to release stored fat as "food" for the body and supplement with the low calorie diet. The burned fat is providing a constant flow of fuel so you won't feel hungry as pounds & inches melt away.
    - Two days for homeopathic and three days for Rx AFTER ending - Continue low calorie diet with NO hCG.

Phase 3 (aka P3)
    Metabolism Reset Phase 21 days - Figure your BMR by using an online calculator and multiply by your activity level. Eat as many calories as indicated but do NOT eat sugars and starches (except for fruit allowed in P2 plus additional low glycemic fruits such as other types of berries). This will stabilize your new weight. If your weight fluctuates more than 2 pounds above your LDW, correct your weight by doing a correction day.

Phase 4 (aka P4)
    Maintenance Phase 21 days - The body's fat regulation system is now adjusted. Begin to add back sugars and starches slowly, adjusting if your weight fluctuates more than two pounds above your LDW, using a correction day.

Low Calorie Diet Breakdown

One Serving of Fruit ( 2 x's a day ) - Apple, 6-9 strawberries, an orange, OR grapefruit

100 grams of lean meat (2 x’s a day) (3.5 oz if weighed raw, 3.0 oz if cooked) - Veal, beef, chicken breast, white fish (swai, tilapia, halibut, flounder, sole, wild Chilean sea bass), lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking. 3 egg whites & 1 egg with yolk can be substituted for a protein once or twice a week. 3oz low-fat cottage cheese may be substituted once per week for a protein portion.

Vegetables (2 x’s a day) - Spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, lettuce (any type), tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus and cabbage (any type).

Drinks - Water (1/2 to 1 gallon per day), Tea (any kind) or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only 1 Tablespoon of milk allowed in a 24 hour period. Stevia may be used as a sweetener. Green tea is also great to help with energy and even helps to burn more fat. (see fruity cold green tea recipe!)

2 Grissini/breadsticks or 2 melba toasts

Seasonings, etc. The juice of one lemon is allowed for all purposes and recommended to alkalize the body. Sea Salt (include it in your diet everyday), pepper, vinegar, mustard, garlic, sweet basil, parsley, thyme, chives, cilantro, etc. may be used for seasoning. Salsa/ pico de gallo in moderation. NO oil, butter, sugar or dressing.

Approved Food & Drink

Drinks Approved: * Black Coffee * Wu Long Tea * Yerba Mate Tea * Green Tea * Chamomile Tea You may have as much as you desire of plain spring water, mineral water, tea, coffee, or Zevia. You should drink about 2 liters of these liquids per day.

Proteins Approved: 100 grams or 3.5oz (weighed raw) of grilled (no oil or fat) one of the meat choices below: * beef * veal * white fish * venison * chicken breast * shell fish (shrimp, crab etc) * Eggs are occasionally allowed (one whole egg+3 egg whites=100 grams of protein) *3.5oz low-fat cottage cheese is allowed*

Vegetables Approved: One large handful or 100g (3.5oz) of one of the following vegetables: * spinach * fennel * celery * cabbage * chard * white, red & yellow onions * tomatoes * asparagus * beet greens * Red Radishes * lettuce of any kind * cucumbers These can be eaten raw, steamed, grilled or boiled. Do not mix vegetables in the same meal.

Fruits Approved: One of the following fruits - * 1 apple * 1 orange * 1/2 grapefruit * 1 handful of strawberries: approx 6-9

Breads Approved: One grissini breadstick or one melba toast.

Seasonings Approved: Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard powder, garlic, basil, parsley, thyme, marjoram, etc. Watch for sugar in your spices!

Miscellaneous:

* You may eat the breadstick and fruit as a snack in between meals instead of with your meals if you choose.

* No over the counter non-prescription drugs should be taken (with the exception of Aspirin).

* No cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and facial powder should be used. Buy mineral foundation.

* No creams, lotions or moisturizers that contain fat should be used. (Check the ingredient list. It is not safe to use if it contains “oil” or anything ending in “-ose”). Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer or Lubriderm Sensitive Skin are two oil free moisturizers. Conditioners for oily hair should be used.

* You must eat everything as prescribed. Do not skip meals or leave out one of the food groups.

* Only Thai massage is allowed. No massages of any other type

* Food is sweetened with Stevia, an all-natural, sugar-free sweetener.

* No mint is allowed. Buy non-mint toothpaste. Crest Cinnamon is a good one.

* Do not put your drops or pellets next to electronic equipment (computers, printers, fax machines, ipods, phones, etc.)

* If you are taking drops or pellets, do not touch the dropper or the bottle opening to your mouth or hands (can contaminate and deactivate drops or pellets)

Light Exercise

It is recommended that you do only light exercise while doing the hCG Diet. Walking, Yoga ,Pilates, lighter weight lifting (resistance) is great to keep up your strength. Stay away from high calorie burning exercises (ex. Running, aerobics). Over exercising will cause the body to go into starvation mode and hold on to the fat, fighting against the hCG.

Keep Track of Weight

It is important to weigh yourself and keep track of your success. You will want to weigh yourself when you first get up in the morning (the same clothing attire every time) after you have emptied your bladder.

The Maintenance Phase

The maintenance phase in the HCG diet comes after we have completed our goal for HCG whether it follows the 20 day or 40 day program. The purpose of the maintenance phase is to restore the metabolism and balance in the body and prevent any circumstance that the body will gain the weight back.

The maintenance phase lasts 3 weeks long and it is a crucial part of the diet in order to be successful with HCG. Without the maintenance phase the weight gain will be uncontrollable after we are off the diet. When the last day of the diet drops expire then it is said that you can eat whatever you want which is true except you must avoid foods that have sugar and starch. During the three week time frame it is imperative to have a scale with you and make sure to find a time every day to weigh yourself. It takes about 3 weeks for the weight to stabilize and cease fluctuation. During this period patients must realize that the carbohydrates, such as sugar, bread, rice, potatoes, pastries, etc, are to be avoided at all costs. If no carbohydrates whatsoever are eaten, fats can be indulged in somewhat more liberally and even small quantities of alcohol, such as a glass of wine with meals, does no harm, but as soon as fats and starch are combined things are very likely to get out of hand. This has to be observed very carefully during the first 3 weeks after the treatment is ended otherwise disappointments are almost sure to occur.

When you end your last day of taking the drops you must remain on the 500 calorie intake diet for 3 more days (2 days on homeopathic) before increasing your calories to allow time for the HCG to get out of the system. When you start the 4th day you are welcome to increase your calorie intake to an appropriate amount for a healthy BMR for the remainder of the maintenance phase. You can also pick up on an exercise routine since now you have a sufficient amount of calories to support the new food intake for the diet.

Bear in mind, your weight will fluctuate the first week or two, this is normal. Do a steak, fish, or chicken day if you need to. The weight will eventually stabilize and cease to fluctuate. Watch the starch and sugar very carefully during the 3 weeks. Eat as many organic foods as possible. Eat whatever you want, without starch or sugar, during the maintenance phase. Make sure you are eating enough. Use healthy fats and dairy products to up your calorie intake if necessary. Drink enough water.
    Last edited by AmberNikki80; April 11th, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Starting size: 18
    Goal size: 8

R/P/M
    R1/P1/HCG Drops
    Hi all! I'm so LAME! I came on earlier in the tread and then dissapeared after promising I wouldn't abandon. SHAME ON ME! In my defense, I DO have 3 kids and a husband to care for. Sorry Everyone is making such great process. Happy for all of us!! How is everyone feeling? It's weird..this morning I almost feel high. I've seen other talk about a sense of uphoria. Anyone else in this group feeling that? I'm in a good mood and feel a good amount of energy. I've had a few moment of hunger here and there and had a small cheat with frosted mini wheats *tisk* *tisk* Not sure what to do with my dose so I upped it to .55 in hopes that helps. I'm so so so happy that everyone seems to be moving in the right direction. I won't be flaky anymore, promise! I have a question for the ladies.. started TOM 2 days ago. Decided to keep going with the drops through this week and I'm fighting the cravings for salt that usually come with TOM. Anyone have any experience with weight loss during TOM? I'm not sure if my numbers are good or not...thinking maybe TOM has something to do with it.
    Have a great day and I'll check back soon!!

R/P/M
    R1 P2 30(vlcd) Inj
    Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome all who just joined it, it is a wonderful place.

I am a bit ahead of the group as to when I started but here is my ordeal since yesterday I noticed my energy level went spiraling downward might have to do with me using 24 table spoons of coffee the morning before, a little much I know but boy was I feeling great that morning not now andI am not sure what the deal is. Last night I started feeling achY in certain places like top of my feet, shoilders, and well I could feel the pain eminating from my bones. I don't know if any one who has done this before has had those bone aches but I am wondering if I need some calcium pills and that is my body saying send us some nurishment not sure anyyy wayyy no loss this morning but I feel lighter for sure.
    If you go to work on your goals,your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us.

-Jim Rohn

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

R/P/M
    R4P2 HCG SQ
    Quote Originally Posted by 503mommy View Post
    Hi all! I'm so LAME! I came on earlier in the tread and then dissapeared after promising I wouldn't abandon. SHAME ON ME! In my defense, I DO have 3 kids and a husband to care for. Sorry Everyone is making such great process. Happy for all of us!! How is everyone feeling? It's weird..this morning I almost feel high. I've seen other talk about a sense of uphoria. Anyone else in this group feeling that? I'm in a good mood and feel a good amount of energy. I've had a few moment of hunger here and there and had a small cheat with frosted mini wheats *tisk* *tisk* Not sure what to do with my dose so I upped it to .55 in hopes that helps. I'm so so so happy that everyone seems to be moving in the right direction. I won't be flaky anymore, promise! I have a question for the ladies.. started TOM 2 days ago. Decided to keep going with the drops through this week and I'm fighting the cravings for salt that usually come with TOM. Anyone have any experience with weight loss during TOM? I'm not sure if my numbers are good or not...thinking maybe TOM has something to do with it.
    Have a great day and I'll check back soon!!

Glad you came to check in. When Im on TOM I generally have a little slower losses but thats only the first day. One recipe you might like to help salt craving would be spinach chips (baked spinach with salt on it).
    Smiley aka Nicole

R/P/M
    R1/P1/HCG Drops
    Quote Originally Posted by Avic Victor View Post
    Hi and welcome all who just joined it, it is a wonderful place.

I am a bit ahead of the group as to when I started but here is my ordeal since yesterday I noticed my energy level went spiraling downward might have to do with me using 24 table spoons of coffee the morning before, a little much I know but boy was I feeling great that morning not now andI am not sure what the deal is. Last night I started feeling achY in certain places like top of my feet, shoilders, and well I could feel the pain eminating from my bones. I don't know if any one who has done this before has had those bone aches but I am wondering if I need some calcium pills and that is my body saying send us some nurishment not sure anyyy wayyy no loss this morning but I feel lighter for sure.
    I've felt a few similar feelings. My bones will ache, like they are cold almost. Or it'll feel like the blood in my veins is cold which causes my muscles to chill. Weird, and I too have wondered about calcium. When I had my small cheat with frosted mini wheats I drank the remaining milk because I felt like my body needed the calcium. Blankets and hot coffee help!

R/P/M
    R1 P2 30(vlcd) Inj
    Blog Entries
    503 mom ha life gets busy especially with children anyhow it is good to know your pressing forward on this plan. I think the biggest thing between success and failure is learning that we are human and if we goof up and try something we are not suppossed to we just get right back to doing the right things and not let the mess up take us off track. Not everyone can be all or nothing perfect and 100% all of the time but perserverence and learning how to next time overcome the temptation is what it means to succeed.
    If you go to work on your goals,your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us.

-Jim Rohn

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

R/P/M
    R1, P3/4 Drops
    Quote Originally Posted by breanskis View Post
    Okay here I go, jumping in with both feet! I am new here, first time trying the protocol. Today is my first VLCD. I have found very helpful information here and am very hopeful that I will reach my weight loss goal. I would like to join you all here in hopes that I might be of some help because you have all helped me already. I thought I might just stay in the wings and watch but I want to somehow be accountable and part of a team. I am taking homeopathic drops that I purchased at my local healthfood store made by AnuMed-International. I am hoping to do just one round of P2 but not opposed to considering more rounds if needed. Thanks again for all the great info here and best of luck to us all.
    Sabrina
    Hi newcomers!!! one and all! All are welcome here, even if you just want to see what is going on, then jump in, that is great! We will try to help everyone here in one way or another!!! Breanskis, I notice your ticker is having problems, I did the same thing the other day when I updated, use the other link, not the html version and it should work. Not sure why I got that wrong, I thought it was the other one when I started... who knows, but give it a try and it might show up for you!

Over 100lbs lost from heaviest weight!

Pounds lost here ALL due to HCG! ~ although, over 20lbs lost during pregnancy is hcg related too

Heaviest ever 262.3 lbs

(Started HCG diet at 239lbs, April 7th, 2012)

Hit 100lb mark Feb. 26th, 2013!!

R/P/M
    R2/ P2/ Hhcg
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thinontheinside View Post
    Holy Moly that's a great loss! No wonder you have a migraine....I find I can have headaches on days my water flushes out lots of fat. Congrats though!!

Thank you I appreciate it and that's certainly good to know, the migraine has subsided, although I still have a slight headache and I feel like it will linger all day