Popular Pages

Thread: Advice for those of us extending P2 to 60 days

R/P/M
    R1P2D50

Advice for those of us extending P2 to 60 days

This is my first round of hcg and I am currently on P2D55. I have lost about 25 pounds so far but I was really hoping to lose at least 30 lbs before transitioning to P3. I have mainly been eating eggs and egg whites, grapefruit, cucumbers, and apples. I realize that I should cut down on the fruit, but I have been finding it hard to curb the cravings especially as the days go on. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I used to eat chicken at the beginning of P2, but recently found that I gain each morning after eating chicken. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Weight Loss Support Group

R/P/M
    R2/P2/injection
    Are you able to eat fish?

For whatever reason, my body seems to respond really well to eating fish as my second meal.

R/P/M
    R1P2D50
    I have tried fish once or twice and the first time my body responded well, but I gained the second time. The second time I ate halibut and it could be that my portion was bigger than it should have been.

R/P/M
    R4 P2 hHCG
    My guess would be that you are retaining water because you have gone beyond the 40 days and that probably makes you protein deficient. Have you done a BIA body composition analysis to track how your water/fat/lean tissue is changing? You would ideally want 100% of your weight loss to be fat. I think I would get off the hcg, do the 3 day transition to P3, and attempt to stabilize in P3, then three weeks of P3, and then, if you want to lose more, I would do a second round.
    I am using EFT (aka "tapping") to break my emotional food addiction. EFT is generally a "one time" treatment. Here is a link the EFT article on Dr Mercola's website, which gives guidelines for EFT. Scroll past the video, then read.

http://eft.mercola.com/

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

U may find that u have more trouble in p3 if u can't kick the sugar cravings (fruit). Just a thought.

Have you ever thought that you might be sensitive to eggs? I thought that eggs should not be used as your only protein source.
    Do you eat any other veggies?

It may explain why you haven't lost more than 25 lbs in 55 days. I love eggs but when I eat them, I always gain, so I can't eat eggs anymore. You just might want to go into P3 to stabilize so that your body gets a break.

Good luck.

R/P/M
    R4 P2 hHCG
    Good point, Curvy. We are not supposed to have the same protein, veg, or fruit two meals in a row. Also, eggs are really not part of the protocol; I think it was only for occasional, like one day. I did have egg whites for two meals in P2, when I visited my brother and there was nothing else easy to make available. HTH
    I am using EFT (aka "tapping") to break my emotional food addiction. EFT is generally a "one time" treatment. Here is a link the EFT article on Dr Mercola's website, which gives guidelines for EFT. Scroll past the video, then read.

http://eft.mercola.com/

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

R/P/M
    R1P2D50
    Thanks for the insight. I have cut out eggs and dropped another pound. But I think I need to slowly start to transition to P3...I'm not sure how much more my body can handle.