Popular Pages

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else feel isolated and depressed?

R/P/M
    P3 Hhcg
    With all that you're going through right now you've done an amazing job w/ the weight loss! Don't think about what you should had done. Look at what you have achieved...14.2lbs is a lot of weight to lose in 16 days! You're doing an amazing job & in a few wks your body will look so amazing as well & that alone will make you feel 10 times better w/ all this crap you're going through right now.
    Hang in there!
    www.IHERB.com
    Use code #VIK724 for FIRST time customers will receive an instant $10 off orders totaling $40 or more, and $5 off orders totaling less than $40!!
    I love them! They sell hhcg, vitamins, stevia & gluten free products!! FAST & FREE Shipping for US orders over $20!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGoddess View Post
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement, everyone. Unfortunately I didn't really take advantage of my loading days in the beginning. It went against every thought in my mind to gorge myself on food when I was trying to lose weight. I now know how important it was that I should've done that. I should've eaten every single food I was going to miss. I'm dealing with a LOT of stress right now...I just moved halfway across the country, I have no real friends close-by, I just started a new job after failing at opening a business, and I HATE the job and am not getting along with the other co-workers, I'm about to start another semester of college and my 7 year old just started full days in 1st grade. Wow. I'm also incredibly homesick. I think having to go through all of that and then not be able to turn to ANY comforts....food, wine, etc. that I'd used before is making it that much harder for me. I'm SO weepy...i've been crying all day and I couldn't even hold it together at work so I left an hr early. Just having a REALLY rough time. Reading your comments definitely helps keep me on track. I just need to get my **** together! jeez.

Wow, that is a lot of stress. Do what you can to get to bed early and sleep. It's necessary for your health including your weight loss. Do take a look at the nutritional supplements info. Could make a huge difference really quickly.
    Post-HCG & Post-Leptin Reset, working on adrenals and thyroid, and taking charge of my own health at Optimal Health Cave link
    Currently getting back to the ticker weight.

Dr. Simeons' protocol, Pounds & Inches at http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/Dr-ATW-Si...and-Inches.htm
    Why We Get Fat & What to Do About it by Gary Taubes
    Ageless by Suzanne Somers
    The Mood Cure by Julia Ross

R/P/M
    R2 P2, HCG Patch. Loading Sept.7-9 VLCD1 Sept.10
    Thanks for the advice and encouragement, everyone. Unfortunately I didn't really take advantage of my loading days in the beginning. It went against every thought in my mind to gorge myself on food when I was trying to lose weight. I now know how important it was that I should've done that. I should've eaten every single food I was going to miss. I'm dealing with a LOT of stress right now...I just moved halfway across the country, I have no real friends close-by, I just started a new job after failing at opening a business, and I HATE the job and am not getting along with the other co-workers, I'm about to start another semester of college and my 7 year old just started full days in 1st grade. Wow. I'm also incredibly homesick. I think having to go through all of that and then not be able to turn to ANY comforts....food, wine, etc. that I'd used before is making it that much harder for me. I'm SO weepy...i've been crying all day and I couldn't even hold it together at work so I left an hr early. Just having a REALLY rough time. Reading your comments definitely helps keep me on track. I just need to get my **** together! jeez.
    When we moved (45 min) away 2 years ago, I slipped into my first ever, depression. I know, it sounds pathetic compared to your cross country move, but it affected me none the less. All of the things you just described, I felt as well. Unfortunately, those same feelings turned me to alcohol and food, both of the major contributing factors that led me to this diet! Comfort yes, but also led to a much bigger problem. Drinking on a nightly basis was one of them! My weight gain, the other! I am still dealing with small bouts of the depression even now, 2 yrs later. But this diet, restrictive as it may be, got my butt back in line. I have NO cravings to drink! And, lost 8 lb's in one week! It amazes me.
    It seems that this diet may save you from the depression comforts that are serious health issues!
    Hang in there! This too shall pass

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Injections
    I agree with you guys about having the diet to keep me in line right now while going through all of this stress...if I didn't have it, I would absolutely be eating and drinking as coping mechanisms! I was just talking on the phone to my mom about that. This is the first time I haven't been able to turn to those comforts to help with stress. She helped me realize that the one thing I CAN do right now to reduce my stress and comfort myself is my music. She's right. I am grateful to have this opportunity to realize WHY I've gained so much weight. And someone said it earlier...I'm grieving. I'm grieving not only everything I feel I have "lost" by moving here or how many people I have "lost", but, also the only coping mechanisms I have ever known. I should really take this opportunity to explore new ways of coping with my stress that are so much healthier and won't lead to lifelong obesity and weight struggles. You are all so helpful and insightful. thank you all for sharing your experiences with me as well~ Very grateful!!

Back 2013 on hCG after being a surrogate mommy last year!

VLCD starting 4/8/13
    Starting weight (gained 1 lb during loading): 189
    Current:172
    Goal: 125

2011:

R1 P2/injections
    Loading 8/13 and 8/14
    VLCD began: 8/15

August 15th: 171.4
    September 10: 151.2
    Round 1 total weight loss: 20.2 lbs

R2 P2/injections
    Loading Oct 30th & 31st
    VLCD began 11.1.11

Starting weight: 153.2 (after loading)
    Current weight (11/6/11): 143.8
    Goal weight: 125 lbs.

R/P/M
    R3P2 Patches
    I know how you feel. I didn't move across the country but I did move here from Kansas 5 years ago. All my family and friends are back in Ks. I work night shift in Brighton at the jail so never had a chance to meet anyone here. I felt so lonely and homesick the first couple years. I can't go back cause there is nothing there. My husband and I moved here for better opportunities and to give our kids better opportunities. It sucks being away from everything and everyone you've ever known but it gets easier. Thats awesome you live in Denver! There is a Colorado thread, check it out. Lots of girls down that way

Sent from my iPhone using
    Tapatalk
    www.decor8mywalls.com
    Uppercase Living Director

hang in there GuitarGodess,
    Even though this protocol is extremely EFFECTIVE. it works differently for every one and in every round. My first round I saw a stall in my second week. my second round it was in my first week. Stalls are annoying. we have all been through them but I know it sucks when you are living through one at the present. Just rememebr that just because you are stalled doesn't mean you are not losing, just your body retaining water in an attempt to catch up after those losses. It will pass. I too used to grieve the loss of food. I used food for everything. I was obese and depressed and ate food to feel better. Chocolate, bread, chips. But I found that after eating these things I just felt more depressed and fat. HCg helped me learn not to rely on food for comfort or to fill in the blanks. I get a bit down sometimes with the issues in my life, and prior to HCg I would just go out to eat or order in with a good movie. Now I still watch the movie but no food. or I go out and do something. There will come a time when food will begin to have a different meaning for you. And you won't mourn the loss of the problem foods so much plus you will learn how to rely on other things to feel lively and lift your mood. On round 1 it was rough going to functions and not eating but I did it without cheating once. Same with this round. The results are my motivation. I am 50 pounds lighter. That means more to me than the white chocolate bar I sometimes still crave. I leanred to tune in to my emotions. Like today, I am sad because I broke up with my ex a few weeks ago. And my friend's wedding is coming up this weekend. I feel alone and left out. everyone is married and coupled up and here I am single again. But I refuse to wallow in self pity and worse turn back to food. NEVER. So, got a hair cut, i went shopping yesterday, fixed my make up and put a new outfit up and walked with my head high. Plus I feel happy to be on P2 during this time because I know binging is out of the question. don't worry just know that this too shall pass.

Hugs
    R1 Start wgt/ load: 205.0/208.8
    R1 LIW: 169.0/168.8 Stabilized 167.4
    R2 Load 1: 168.4/172.6
    R2 LIW 157.4 Stabilized (156.8-159.0)
    R3 Load 165.2/165.6
    R3 wk 3: almost done: Normal BMI!!!
    R3 LIW: 152.2 weight Today: 152.8 P3 day 3
    ******** 1.6 pounds left to GOAL*************

{{{HUGS}}} We all need a hug now and then! Hope it brightens your day a tiny bit.
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

i totally understand how you feel.

i'm so glad your mother helped you realize that you have your music to turn to! that's what my mother would say to me as well if i told her how hard this diet is for me. if you find my blog you'll see that i've had my fair share of a stall on this diet. i was stalled from vlcd10-vlcd22 if i remember correctly. yes, this was an "advanced plateau" because my body hasn't been below 145lbs in a decade... but KNOWING the truth versus SEEING the scale not moving... well, frustrating isn't the word. devastating is a closer description.

i haven't moved anywhere but i do feel isolated, especially in crowds. i was at a wedding last night and it was strange to everyone including myself that i couldn't eat more than a "little bit" of plain grilled chicken. that i wasn't drinking to have a good time. that i only had an apple at the morning after brunch. (the restaurant didn't have eggs or fish or chicken breast haha - the jokes on me...)

i feel like an outsider sometimes, yes. and after my pilates class a few days ago i went into the dressing room and broke down and cried because i hated my body for that hour - for that hour of pilates i hated everything about how weak and fat i'd let myself become, and i hated that i couldn't eat to hide my pain, and i couldn't hold it in anymore and just cried and cried.

but then i pulled myself back together and remembered my motivation and remembered that i WILL eat again, except it's better than just being able to eat some goodies again -- when i'm done with this journey, i'll have a REAL understanding of what MY body needs and in what portions. i'll know the TRUTH, not what the internet or the magazines tell me. i'll be able to create NEW treats - so that i can indulge in rich tastes and textures in my foods without feeling guilty!

that sounds better to me than having a pizza or a bagel or a bag of cookies, no matter how much i miss them.

good luck!!
    "Obsessed is what the lazy call the determined" -Anonymous
    "We must do the thing we think we cannot do" -Elanor Roosevelt
    "It is never too late to become what you might have become" -George Eliot

R/P/M
    R1/P2/Injections

Feeling better

I cried a lot that day, too. I cried like a baby about everything...about the move, not being able to turn to food, the new job, etc. Everything. And then I truly started to feel the value of this diet. I started realizing that I FINALLY had broken the cycle I had been on of hating my body, despising my body and then shoveling food into my mouth. I used to do the same...order in and watch a movie. It was the most comforting thing in the world to me when I was upset or alone. I realized I was fighting this diet tooth and nail. I was angry about doing it because it meant I couldn't have my comfort pizza and watch Dirty Dancing while shoving chicken wings into my mouth. I felt like it was "taking everything away" from me. Or ruining everything for me. Through some self-reflection I started to remember WHY I started doing Hcg in the first place. I was so sick and tired of what I had become...5ft tall 171-175 lbs, totally swollen, obsessed with my negative body image, afraid of the world because of my weight, afraid to be naked in front of my partner, etc. And that, yes, this Hcg round was temporary. And guess what?! I stopped craving foods immediately after I had my 'big cry'. I WANT to be healthy and fit. I understand that I'm not going to show a loss on the scale every single day...my cycle is mostly lose lbs one day, nothing the next and then have a loss again the next day or the day after. I have a new love of making people delicious food and watching them enjoy it. We had a party at my work yesterday for an employee who is leaving and holy crappp....they had LOADS of horrible foods in the kitchen. Fried EVERYTHING. and cake, pie, chocolate covered fruit, you name it. I didn't want anything to do with it. It just looked like a lot of overweight women stuffing their faces with the worst crap on Earth and I was proud that I didn't join in. I didn't cheat...not even a little. I had no desire to cheat. I was happy sipping my water and munching on my little Melba Toast cracker knowing that I wasn't going to go home and feel like punching myself in the face for eating a bunch of **** I absolutely shouldn't have eaten. I have 7 days left of my injections and I'm feeling amazing. I'm finally playing with recipes for food which is something I should've done in the beginning. I'm planning ahead for P3 in 10 days so I can be totally prepared. I think I just needed to grieve and get the hell over it. And you all helped with that as well Good luck, peeps!

Back 2013 on hCG after being a surrogate mommy last year!

VLCD starting 4/8/13
    Starting weight (gained 1 lb during loading): 189
    Current:172
    Goal: 125

2011:

R1 P2/injections
    Loading 8/13 and 8/14
    VLCD began: 8/15

August 15th: 171.4
    September 10: 151.2
    Round 1 total weight loss: 20.2 lbs

R2 P2/injections
    Loading Oct 30th & 31st
    VLCD began 11.1.11

Starting weight: 153.2 (after loading)
    Current weight (11/6/11): 143.8
    Goal weight: 125 lbs.

R/P/M
    R2 P2 hHCG
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseverance View Post
    I just had a 4 day stall on R2P2 VLCD7. I did an apple day to break it and woke up to a 2.4 loss. I can't say I was depressed yesterday but I was definitely angry. And I was certainly feeling sorry for myself. I couldn't eat, drink wine, shop cause I don't need clothes till I lose more and I didn't go to exercise class cause I was afraid it was making me stall. Poor me. Hopefully I am out of my misery today. All I can say is I had a lot of 4 day stalls in R1 and I still lost 30 pounds so I just have to trust that this is working. Now of course if you cheat that is a whole different thing.
    I would think wine would give you a stall...
    Round 1 phase 2 did 107 days Hhcg

Lost 52 pounds. So glad I fell for this 'scam'!!

Lost additional 3.6 pounds in first week of P3! Then went overboard and gained that back.

Never got higher than 2 pounds above LDW..

Started R2 10/26. Lost 6 pounds first week. Had a hard time with bad drops. Good drops on 11-7-11.

I attend Celebrate Recovery for support and encouragement. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast