Popular Pages

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezing Injections

R/P/M
    R2P2 SUBQ INJECTIONS

Freezing Injections

Does anyone know if you freeze your injections, how long they can stay frozen for?

Effort, Pennsylvania, United States, United States
    Blog Entries
    where did you read that they can be frozen? i've never read anywhere but it would be interesting..
    **following the hcg protocol five years after gastric bypass**
    **watch my progress on youtube**
    started protocol 9.3.2010
    ]

I call it Hippy-chic Lbrace0317's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2P2D14 hhcg
    Blog Entries
    Mine are currently frozen. I am on p3 and and going to be doing another p2 soon. I believe they can be frozen for up to a year. I am not certain. But I am pretty sure.
    Lauren
    R2P2D1

I hesitate to freeze injections only because I fear the dosage requirement may change. I have heard people say that their dosage has changed from round to round. If you prepared and froze all your shots at 150iu's because that is what worked for you in a previous round, and then found that you needed a higher iu amount, what would be the remedy in that case?

R2 Starting Weight - _________
    Height - 5'3"
    P2 LDW - _________
    P3 Start Date - _________
    P4 Start Date - _________
    Female, Age 47

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Meridian pellets
    Blog Entries
    I am new so don't know much lol BUT I read that they cannot be frozen and on my bottles I got today they say do not freeze.

I am curious if anyone has done it and what the outcome was. :O)
    The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins. ~Bob Moawad

Down 35.4 lbs at the end of R1 and now UP 25.1 of those! Lesson learned!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim N View Post
    I am new so don't know much lol BUT I read that they cannot be frozen and on my bottles I got today they say do not freeze.

I am curious if anyone has done it and what the outcome was. :O)
    What kind do you have Kim? If the packaging says "don't freeze", then I would reconsider some of what I'm about to say and would recommend doing what ever the packaging says. I personally don't freeze mine. When I have looked it up I usually come across some of the hardcore bodybuilding sites. Lots of guys use hcg after a round of testosterone and I've seen where many of them freeze it. I don't think it is a problem unless it becomes a dosage issue. That being said, if I were to decide to end my "long round" early I would probably go ahead and freeze mine but use a higher dosage so that I could empty some out if need be....you just can't add to it if you've frozen all of it.

I'm adding this because I just looked it up for the brand I'm using (Organon Pregnyl) and it recommends refrigeration. One less thing I'm worried about is potency. From what I've found it appears that at least the brand I'm using is stable for 60 days as shown below. I know many have worried about the potency after a couple of weeks. I suppose it could be a difference in brands? Not sure.

Storage: Store at 15-30C (59-86F). Reconstituted solution is stable for 60 days when refrigerated.

Manufactured for: Organon USA Inc. Roseland, NJ 07068. Manufactured by: Baxter Pharmaceutical Solutions LLC. Bloomington, IN 47403. Rev 8/06.

Store the vials of powder at room temperature between 59-86 degrees F (15-30 degrees C) away from light and moisture. Store the mixed medication in the refrigerator between 36-46 degrees F (2-8 degrees C). Write the date when the medication was mixed on the vial. The mixed medication must be used within 1 to 2 months, depending on the product.
    Last edited by dutchbaby; September 12th, 2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Added info

R2 Starting Weight - _________
    Height - 5'3"
    P2 LDW - _________
    P3 Start Date - _________
    P4 Start Date - _________
    Female, Age 47

R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    All of the rx grade says do not freeze right on it so I've never done it but I know some have. Not sure how the end results will be when the people reach their goal though.

I have rx grade hcg and I freeze my shots. I was reluctant at first, but after trying it, I do feel the potency is better. When I was keeping it in the refrigerator and drawing a shot each day, I am pretty sure the potency was degrading (I initially was using 5000 vials). Now, with freezing my shots, I feel the same every day.
    Think thin thoughts and it will become your experience.

R/P/M
    R2/P3/SubQ, Dr. S - Rogue :)
    I also freeze, hoping there will be no adjustment necessary. Contrdictory to what I do though, I read on a body builder site that if you do freeze HCG, do not use the bac water as it is not a stable enough base for the HCG when frozen. That being said, I have no issues as do others. I froze 26 injections, used 14, took a week off and then continued to use the remaining after. I had hunger issues that I discussed but turns out it was my lack of dinner one night. I just remixed, froze the entire batch again. I don't even pull one out the day before, I take it out of the freezer when I wake up and by the time I am back in the kitchen, it's thawed. Makes it way faster to deal with in the AM as well.

So far - I don't truly feel it lost any potency.
    Boo - looks like this is where I stabilized.....but since it's stable I'll take it!

R/P/M
    R4 P4 hhcg
    Helllo everyone,

I don't know if anyone will see this as it's been a while since anyone's posted. I've been scouring a lot of sites to see if I can freeze the remainder of a bottle of sublingual Rx hCG i have but have not found anything about this. My situation is that I'm on my own with no guidance as the doctor who prescibed this for me does not have comprehensive knowledge about doing a long round, potency, immunity and related issues. He had originally prescribed ('off label' for 23 days and I'm on the last day of drops for that; but there's a few doses left in my bottle. I got a new bottle (by twisting his arm) and assuring him it would be OK for me to continue as I have significant more weight to lose) 3 days ago. I'm constrained to only getting them at certain times as the compounding pharmacist who mixes them for me only makes them for a very few customers once a fortnight only; and even so he's reluctant to do it because he's only doing it as a favour for my doctor.

I want to start my new bottle tomorrow; but thought I'd try freezing the left over hCG in my old bottle as I may need to fall back on it in future due to the fact that this doctor would not be willing to prescibe more for me in the event I ever needed more. It is very rare where I live for anyone to even know about hCG; let alone find a doctor who is open to it!!!

I am taking 125 IUs every 12 hours and this means drawing up .3ml on a 1ml syringe for each dose. I'm pretty sure mine is Pregnyl. My bottles say nothing about whether freezing is permissable or not. I keep them refrigerated.

So, in short, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with or knowlege of freezing their Rx sublingual formulation without experiencing subsequent problems with it.

Any advice or direction to other resources about such would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Tishy; September 15th, 2010 at 04:21 PM.