Popular Pages

Page 761 of 951 FirstFirst ... 261661711751759760761762763771811861 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 9508

Thread: Gobble Gobble : Round 2 - Come Join the Turkeys!

R/P/M
    R4 P3, SubQ RX
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet3 View Post
    Oh, ok...I did not have eggs, almonds or cheese today. I had so much to eat though I am stuffed! I tried to keep my calories HIGH, and actually got them up higher than I had planned, (I miss added them) I had 2290 calories today. Here is what I had...we will see what happens tomorrow! Thanks for your input!

Breakfast 10:30 FFF 6 ounces... 320 calories

12:30 Lunch tuna salad, tuna, 2 oz almonds, 1TB mayo, dill relish...500 calories OOPS I did have some almonds!

3:30 Snack FFF 6 ounces...320

5:30 pan seared chicken breast 8 ounces, ...325 calories
    1 cup asparagus, 35 calories

after dinner FFF....320

8:30 pm FFF, 3 cups strawberries....470 calories

2290 calories total for the day
    ... mayo... if you gain, maybe the mayo... small amounts can still mess us up.

That's a LOT of fage, lady! Dang how do you do it..?
    R1 start: 246.6 1/10/11-2/13/11
    R1 LDW: 214.7 (-31.9 lbs)
    R2 4/2-4/28 preload start weight: 210.5
    Interruption. Resumed P2 5/8 to 5/23
    R2 LDW: 178.7 -31.8
    R3 7/4 to 7/23 Post Load/ Vegas gluttony: 185.4
    R3 LDW 7/23 166.5 -19.9 (Net -12.2)
    R4 10/23 to 11/14 Post Load: 174.1
    R4 LDW: 157.7 -16.4 (Net: -8.8)
    I'm going to be so hot at the end of this that Chuck Norris will be jealous.

~Karlipooh, AKA KPooh, P3 Hitman

R/P/M
    R4/P1
    LOL I love Greek Yogurt...I think I could live on that alone..if I can't figure out P3 I may just have to. LOL I used Dukes Mayo no sugar and only 1TB.....so we will see what the scales say tomorrow. I was trying to eat at least 2000 calories (FAGE makes that easy) and see if I have just not been getting enough calories and that was why I was gaining..rather then food choices...I don't know..lol I will probably GAIN it all back in the morning...so we will see. CRAZY P3! LOL

Definately a Senior! Pam Peyton Reed's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2, P4, hhcg -41.2# Total (both rds)
    Just want you all to know I have been paying attention and those who need it (silly, everyone does) are in my prayers and I am so happy to see so much stabilizing and learning about our bodies ... P3 is like feeding a newborn .. one new goodie at a time ... but it works quite well!

afmWell this week has sucked big time but I KNOW it is about to get better. I have had company, leaving me with 5 hrs sleep a night; stress over grandson's surgery; have a deeply addicted daughter who is now in jail, so more stress; This is how you add 2lbs to the scale while eating protocol P2, eliminating and drinking PLENTY of water ... so today I found out my grandson's swelling is going down and they will most likely close his surgical sight on Monday and allow him to fly home to HI; his Mom and the Navy talked the airline into extending the tickets for him, her and the dog til then; I have talked to the doctors to help incarcerated daughter (epileptic and has mrsa) and written her an encouraging letter .... tonight I will sleep I am certain and tomorrow hopefully start back to where I was earlier this week. Guess the 150s will have to wait another week, but I am just happy I didn't cheat or let myself get depressed.
    Happy Scales to you ..... Pam

Started 196.4 2/26/11 -- loading
    Started VLCD 2/28/11
    R1P2 - 45 Days - 173.4# Total -23lbs
    R1P3 began 4/16/2011 - Last P3 day 5/6/2011, 172.8# (.6 below LDW)
    R1P4 - 5/7 - 5/27
    R2P2 - Load, 5/28 Start 173.4#
    R2P2 - VLCD1 174.2 + .8 from LDW
    R2P2 - VLCD44, LDW 155.2 Total -19lbs from load wt.
    R2P2 - Load weight plus Tweak weight 164.8 BAD
    R2P2 - VLCD27 - 146.8 Down 18# Average .66 per day

R/P/M
    R4/P1
    Well, HELL, I am UP 2.2 this morning from yesterday, only 1.5 over LDW....SOOOO no idea where to go from here! LMAO

Guess upping the calories was NOT the answer. I don't know what to do for today, I really need to find a menu I can eat and not have a gain. This has been such a rollercoaster ride! Any suggestions will be much appreciated! Maybe the almonds I had 2 ounces, only had 1tb of mayo in the tuna, but who knows! I did eat eggs on P2 at times with no gain...so not sure about the mayo.

Not really too bummed, just wishing I had an answer on the stabilizing thing this time around. The temptation to just eat normal for a few days and keep exercising in the pool is great. Maybe eggs for breakfast with a little cheese, tuna (without the mayo and almonds) for lunch with salad, and chicken or beef for dinner with some mixed veggies. Just no idea how many calories I need! AIIIIIEEEEE!!!

R/P/M
    RX til it runs out, then hHCG pellets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shustar View Post
    Hi Girls! Sorry I have not been around much lately. I went to a 4 day intense tennis camp in Minnesota last week and came home almost 4 pounds heavier! All meals were in the college cafeteria, so a bit tough. I mostly ate scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast, rotisserie chicken, hamburgers, and salad and veggies for lunch and dinner. I did have ample amounts of red wine at night but was on the courts doing drills for 12 hours a day! My muscles were so sore so I am sure I retained some water - and maybe still am. Hoping to get back close to LDW but otherwise doing well! Sue
    SUE BABY! It's good to see you! I'm so glad things are going well - and I'm sure your gain is all due to water retention from those killer tennis days..... It'll come off pretty quickly! Don't be a stranger!

Quote Originally Posted by Lina View Post
    I'm up about 0.6 this morning, scale kept fluctuating but that was the average - serves me right for weighing more than once but I just need to check it so weigh at least 3 times!!! I'm not sure why it's up because there are too many variables. I added olive oil and mushrooms yesterday but by mistake I overate on the protein by about 10g more than my mental limit. I also increased my cals by about 145 to 2065. Added to that, TOM is about 2 days away and I haven't had a BM but really feel like I need to - feel backed up (sorry about the tmi). Feel more hungry today too so I'm sure hormones are coursing through my body.

I have decided that I'm not going to worry, going to eat the same stuff but drop my cals to around 1820-1850 (I lost on this amount 2 days ago and then again on 1920) and drop my protein down to where it usually is and hope I have a BM. Then I will have only TOM or sensitivities to food as variables.
    P3 makes me feel like a detective!

Decided not to add cheese until TOM actually starts.
    Hang in there, Lina! I'm just like you - I get on and off the scale several times to try to get a solid number, though I don't have to do it as much now that I got the cheap-0 Walmart digital scale - it doesn't seem to fluctuate as much as my fancy-schmancy memory body-fat scale thingy-doodle. (Ok, say that really fast 3 times.)

Quote Originally Posted by Losin' It View Post
    Hey everyone It's been a while since I've been on here. With the computer being help together with tape it just seems like a hassle to get on these days. Had to pop on and look for some good p2 recipes and wanted to say hello to you all.

My p3/4 went surprisingly well. I never went the 2 pounds over my LIW and even lost more inches and a few pounds on p4...too bad I gained 3.6 on loading the last 2 days.... but I soooo enjoyed eating all that food. Today is my first day of round 2 VLCD. Hoping it goes smoothly... I heard r2 is not so easy.

Hey... why is it there is never anyone in chat anymore? I pop in once in a while and never see a soul. Where are all you turkey's hiding?
    Yay, you're back in P2 already? I've missed ya! I'm still hanging out in P3/4 right now - will be loading in a few weeks over 4th of July weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by Beth_M View Post
    Theresa - Sometimes an adjusted LIW is the only thing that's gonna keep us sane until the next round.

I got the tiny patch of land next to my home by just starting to pay the taxes on it. Somehow in all the original break down of the lots in this area, a small 30 x 80 strip got left out. It's on the upper end of my property in the back. When we had a boundary line adjustment done the surveyor told me about it. The difference here is that there was no owner listed at all. Sounds like you've got a lot of things on your plate, so to speak.

as for me, down 2.2 this morning. It's very unexpected. I've lost 2.2 lbs the last two days and that never happens to me.

Grandbaby had her appointment with the respiratory doc. Boils down to some simply common allergies.. grasses, weeds, alder and a few others. They gave her a different inhaler, a rescue inhaler, and she's to start taking Claritin, then back in October. Rianne thought they had to have a referral from Lila's peds doctor and they didn't want to refer her. Told Rianne that she had RAD (blanket category when they don't want to really figure it out). Well.. Rianne went anyway and she doesn't have RAD nor did they need a referral. Definitely done with that pediatrician for sure.

My shoulder blade is still bugging me. The more I think about it the more I think it may be a pinched nerve. It most happens when I move a certain way. My massage lady will have some insights I'm sure. I see her at 3pm today.
    Super loss, Beth! And I'm glad Rianne and the allergist figured out what was up with your grandbaby's allergies! I hate our current healthcare system, and I especially HATE dealing with insurance companies for reasons too intricate to detail here right now. I really think the insurance companies have us over a barrel - I do think something needs to be done, but don't know what or if the current changes being proposed will help.... Our system is broken, though - don't know if it will ever be fixed! (not trying to start a political discussion - mostly because I'm not versed enough to discuss such things intelligently..... just a little rant, I guess!)

Quote Originally Posted by karlipooh View Post
    AFM: Gyn visit.... scheduled surgery for July 5th, Laproscopy to see how bad the endo is, and subsequent lasering of the lesions; hysteroscopy; D & C; and some kind of hole-poking thing on my fibroid to dry to decrease the blood flow so it shrinks. He'll probably do some ovarian drilling again to stimulate egg release, too. it's really the only thing I can do that will give me relief while preserving any likelihood for a pregnancy, however miniscule (0 to 4% chance, per the Reproductive Endocrinologist..) All other options, while ranging permanent (hysterectomy) to temporary (progesterone supplements or lupron shot) make pregnancy a non-option. The point is, I'd like some relief so I can make up my mind. I'm not ready to give up my organs yet. Just not ready. I'd like to give God every chance to make me a miracle and no uterus is sort of incondusive to pregnancy :-D

Anyway! That's that.
    Karli - I'm so sorry you're going through this. I wish I could just wave my magic wand...... I'll say a few prayers that God gives you that miracle..... I think I talked about this before, but I know a bit where you are coming from. Hubby and I tried for 7 years to get pregnant, with no success. This year I finally gave up the fight and went back on BC with an IUD. It was very hard for me, but even harder for him since he has no biological children of his own. I just couldn't handle the disappointment every month anymore. I still think about it, especially when I see people at work or in our life who are expecting or have just given birth. It's hard to navoid the bitterness sometimes. I'm thinking of you....

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Peyton Reed View Post
    Just want you all to know I have been paying attention and those who need it (silly, everyone does) are in my prayers and I am so happy to see so much stabilizing and learning about our bodies ... P3 is like feeding a newborn .. one new goodie at a time ... but it works quite well!

afmWell this week has sucked big time but I KNOW it is about to get better. I have had company, leaving me with 5 hrs sleep a night; stress over grandson's surgery; have a deeply addicted daughter who is now in jail, so more stress; This is how you add 2lbs to the scale while eating protocol P2, eliminating and drinking PLENTY of water ... so today I found out my grandson's swelling is going down and they will most likely close his surgical sight on Monday and allow him to fly home to HI; his Mom and the Navy talked the airline into extending the tickets for him, her and the dog til then; I have talked to the doctors to help incarcerated daughter (epileptic and has mrsa) and written her an encouraging letter .... tonight I will sleep I am certain and tomorrow hopefully start back to where I was earlier this week. Guess the 150s will have to wait another week, but I am just happy I didn't cheat or let myself get depressed.
    PAM: {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} - I'm saying prayers for you and your family too - sounds like it's been a rough one - but you've got a great attitude, which is half the battle.....

Quote Originally Posted by Janet3 View Post
    Well, HELL, I am UP 2.2 this morning from yesterday, only 1.5 over LDW....SOOOO no idea where to go from here! LMAO

Guess upping the calories was NOT the answer. I don't know what to do for today, I really need to find a menu I can eat and not have a gain. This has been such a rollercoaster ride! Any suggestions will be much appreciated! Maybe the almonds I had 2 ounces, only had 1tb of mayo in the tuna, but who knows! I did eat eggs on P2 at times with no gain...so not sure about the mayo.
    Doesn't Dukes have olive oil in it? Or soybean oil? It could be either the mayo or the almonds. My first 2 rounds, Almonds OR soy would make me gain like crazy... I've finally clearned almonds this time around, but have been hesitant to try soy..... Hang in there, Janet!

AFM: TGIF, that's all I have to say! Today is an intermittent fasting (IF) day for me. Have an appt at the chiro over lunch, and of course got a ton of stuff planned for the weekend - chore after chore to get done, it never ends! I'm out of time and gotta get busy here. Talk to you all soon!
    Lady Gecko, a.k.a. Theresa

R/P/M
    R4 P3, SubQ RX
    Blog Entries
    Lady G, thanks :-)

Janet, I think you need to lower your fage intake, leave mayo out for now, and no nuts and PICK ONE OF EGGS OR CHEESE NOT BOTH TOGETHER! that's what I said in my previous several posts. protein, fats, minimze the strawberries. You ate 4 cups of strawberries? That's too much sugar even if it's natural sugar. Lower your yogurt. that's too much, I think, in combo w/ the FOUR CUPS OF STRAWBERRIES.

I don't believe you weren't eating enough. I think you are doing too much of the wrong things.

The day you had the big drop you did all the right things. Take a look at that and go from there. If you are more than 2 lbs over, do a steak day.

AFM: I lost 1.2 WTH? 177.3 now... lower than my lowest. Here's what I ate yesterday:
    chicken breast for breakfast
    chicken pita minus the pita for lunch (w/ lettuce and a bit of tzaziki sauce)
    4 sliders w/ mushrooms and swiss and zucchini
    2 oz cocoa crack

dropped 1.2 lbs. Random.

Maybe I'll try on the goal pants, again... They're still far off but ... just maybe....
    Last edited by karlipooh; June 17th, 2011 at 08:25 AM.

Senior Member Julie Broderick Nelson's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R3/P4/hhcg
    Sue, good to see you!

Janet, It does sound frustrating. If you are exercising 1 hour a day then you do need more calories then just 1200 try keeping a food log. It sounds like something is causing you to retain water. 2.2 pound gain would require you to eat over 7500 calories.

I had another great day on the scales. The first week back on VLC always seems to rock. I'm down 1.4 bringing me to my lowest weight in years. 225.4. I'm hoping to stay on P2 until I get to 185 and then take another break. 185 is the weight that will bring me out of the Obese category. I finally feel like my brain is back into my weight loss.

Definately a Senior! Pam Peyton Reed's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2, P4, hhcg -41.2# Total (both rds)
    Janet I'm with Karli on the too much yogurt .. that is a lot of dairy in a day for anyone past childhood, in my mind at least.

Karli You are amazing ... of course try on those pants!

Theresa Take some time for yourself this weekend .. believe me, I know what 'busy' does to the scale!

Julie So happy for your drop ... and praying for your 185 .. I remember in my first round hitting 'overweight' on the bmi instead of 'obese' ... did the happy dance for days!!

AFM Got a good nights sleep and did go down 2.4, so the two I have been retaining during the busy, sleepless and stressful week and .4 of the real stuff ... not happy that it is only .6 down since Sunday ... wasteful week in my opinion, but it is only week 3 (until next Monday) and I have time ... not looking much like I will reach goal in the 40 days I gave myself though ... we'll see how long I can go. If I can get back in the groove, I will need 32 MORE days to hit goal at least and this is my 19th day so we'll see how it goes.
    Happy Scales to you ..... Pam

Started 196.4 2/26/11 -- loading
    Started VLCD 2/28/11
    R1P2 - 45 Days - 173.4# Total -23lbs
    R1P3 began 4/16/2011 - Last P3 day 5/6/2011, 172.8# (.6 below LDW)
    R1P4 - 5/7 - 5/27
    R2P2 - Load, 5/28 Start 173.4#
    R2P2 - VLCD1 174.2 + .8 from LDW
    R2P2 - VLCD44, LDW 155.2 Total -19lbs from load wt.
    R2P2 - Load weight plus Tweak weight 164.8 BAD
    R2P2 - VLCD27 - 146.8 Down 18# Average .66 per day

R/P/M
    R4/P1
    Thanks for the input everyone! Will keep track to today and see what tomorrow brings.

R/P/M
    R4 P3, SubQ RX
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Broderick Nelson View Post
    Janet, It does sound frustrating. If you are exercising 1 hour a day then you do need more calories then just 1200 try keeping a food log. It sounds like something is causing you to retain water. 2.2 pound gain would require you to eat over 7500 calories.
    I'm sorry, Julie, but I have to strongly disagree with you about having to eat 7500 calories to cause a 2 lb gain, and this is why. When you go from a super-clean eating plan like P2 with minimal fat/ carbs/ protein and you add foods, even a bit more of any of that can cause gains. P3 is low to no carb Therefore, ANY TIME you are on a severerly restricted diet and add too much of whatever you cut out, you will gain. It has nothing to do w/ calories. If I ate 1500 calories in P3 of french fries or wheat bread, i'd gain severely, as would most people. It is the nature and reason we do NO carbs, then GRADUALLY add carbs and GRADUALLY add foods that cause sensitivities.

When we have a sensitivity to carbs or dairy or soy, there WILL BE GAINS, despite calories or lack thereof. That is why we gain so fast on this diet when we are not careful. A lick of frosting, a bite of a hamburger bun, or soysauce and a teaspoon of sugar in Korean BBQ can significantly sabotage the low-carb dieter, causing gains, inflamation, and cravings which reinforce more cravings.

When adding carbs to a high fat, high protein diet, the carbs WILL ALWAYS GET BURNED FIRST forcing the body to hold onto the fat and protein, causing gains. I don't care how many calories, this is the truth.

Too many carbs in the greek yogurt, combined with too many carbs in 4 cups of strawberries, combined with high fat will cause a gain, I'm quite sure of it, especially when one is NOT stable in P3.

Please consider this. This is why it is so easy to get sabotaged on this diet with one little tiny cheat. Typically, it will not be from fat or protein or veggies, it will be from a food sensitivity or allery, or carbs. In this case, Janet may well be retaining water from working out, but it could very, very well be from the foods she's combining in P3. IMHO, it's her foods, not the swimming. She has combined "sensitive" foods her whole P3 without clearning them, just going off of last P3, and IMHO eating way too many carbs even though they are healthy carbs (which you should NOT do, every P3 is different the smaller we get and the more sensitive out body gets to foods.)

If I didn't care about all of you, I wouldn't be so adamant about this. Please don't feel like i'm attacking, but I want even the lurkers to know that the 7500 calorie warning is not correct, and free-balling yogurt and fruit on P3 is just not ok. Neither is combining eggs, cheese, almonds, mayo until they are cleared one at a time. Every time. I have learned my lessons, too, and see this as a strong pattern in most P3ers.

The MOOSE is not gonna "reset" if one is unstable, making it worse and more difficult to not gain the weight back. Getting stable is crucial to the successful addition of new foods in P4, with few exceptions (cough, cough, Caressa.)

I hope you all have better success!
    Last edited by karlipooh; June 17th, 2011 at 12:35 PM.